Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,488 members, 7,964,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:43 AM

Amodu Rules Out Eagles Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Rules Out Eagles Job (544 Views)

‘My Earlier Decision Stands’ – Enyeama Rules Out Nigeria Return / Oliseh Rules Out Eagles Job / NFF Rules-out Abuja Stadium For World Cup Play-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amodu Rules Out Eagles Job by omamokta: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2010
The former Super Eagles Chief Coach, Shuaibu Amodu has ruled out the possibility of coming back to coach the Super Eagles’ team now or in the future.

Amodu, who was at the NFF Glasshouse Secretariat to submit his letter of termination of contract as the Chief Coach of the Super Eagles, however kicked against the narrowing of the search for a new chief coach for the Super Eagles to Samson Siasia.

According to him, the position should be made competitive enough for all interested and qualified candidates to participate in the job search.

He said: “For me, I am out of it because, I have paid my own dues, others should be given the opportunity to contribute their quota. But we should not limit it to only one candidate. Before selection, we should endeavor to find out if the candidate has all it takes to lead a national team like the Super Eagles. What is his pedigree as a national team coach, his exposure, and his maturity level? The position should be made competitive enough.”

“The search for the Coach should be all embracing. It should not be limited to only one candidate; it should be open to all interested candidates to apply before the best among them is chosen.”

Amodu went on: “It is quite unfortunate in Nigeria that sports administrators use the media as a source moulding opinions and taking decisions, which is not fair to the society. Take for instance, a radio station whose frequency does not go beyond two states would run a program, and people would be made to believe that it is a popular opinion of over 140 million people in a country. This is not fair to the society”.

He also canvassed for the appointment of a new Coach of the Super Eagles and other national teams to be left for the incoming Board of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
SOURCE:http://nigerdeltastandard.com/?p=1156#more-1156

(1) (Reply)

Eguavoen Takes Positives From Defeat / Latest / Sobbing Vettel Is F1’s Youngest Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.