Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,854 members, 7,976,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 09:29 PM

There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box (19795 Views)

Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume / There'll Be No Election If You Fail To Release Kanu In 2022 - Ohaneze To Buhari / Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by tizteezy(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
dairykidd:

For real bro, and the painful thing is this rubbish keeps going on and on, from generation to generation and na look we dey look.. If it gets worse we argue with ourselves at drinking bars or online forums like NL and then we take it all in, accept the lifeless life they want the people to be living so that they can continue using who they want to use to get results when the time is right.. Like u see now. A lot of youths are sold out already, going anywhere the wind blows.. We got to take action. There will losses and sacrifices but a time is coming when every man will know it's the only choice we have to make things right. Me i already know that & I will keep doing what I can in my own way..

You've said it all bro

In my own opinion, until we the youths wake up to smell the coffee, form a strong coalition devoid of selfish interests we're going nowhere.
So wore, Moghalu, etc should not be so selfish to run alone... therein lies the problem.

This is why I tend to lean towards supporting PMB. At least, a huge percentage of the people we all know are Nigeria's problem are crying foul, why? Because its not business as usual.

Changing from wat was par the course isn't ever easy, never smooth. But its better than continuing to be ripped to shreds year in year out.

Until youths open their eyes and stand for what is right, I'll support someone who has been bold enough to alter the undesirable status quo we once had.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by mycupoftea: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
This is an APC hatchet job. There are still too much mumus in Naija. A vote for anybody else besides Atiku is a vote for the Cabal. Let's take it one step at a time. Stay Atikulated for now. Vote Atiku/Obi.

VaselineCrew:
Let's make a bet, that by 2023, Nigeria would still be the same sh*thole that it is today if Atiku or Buhari were to win the upcoming elections.

Electricity : By 2023, you still would not have light on a regular basis. The country would still be struggling to generate 4,000-5,000MW.

Currency: The Naira would slide down to N600 to a dollar.

Poverty: Due to inflation and sliding currency, poverty rates would tend to increase.

Security: Same ol story of underpaid and under equipped police and army forces expected to go sacrifice their lives for the country. Same embittered armed forced transferring their pain to unarmed civilians any chance they get.

Infrastructure: Still struggling with roads and rails connecting the entire Nigeria.

Healthcare: Still have a country were the average life span is around 47 years. Presidents and politicians that go overseas at the slightest of ailments

You know deep down in your hearts that what I'm saying is true, but you will still choose to be headstrong and dive headlong into the disaster that is a future of the same or worse for Nigeria?

Why? Just to spite another tribe? Igbos spiting Yorubas? or vice versa?

Why can't you simply go to the polling booth and vote for the right person, leaving the rest to God? Why must you all be herded like goats to their ineluctable slaughter?

1 Like

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by NoisyNaybour001(m): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2019
[quote author=obembet post=74881626][/quote]
lol, see dis one if I show u my account balance now u go bow
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by maxxG: 5:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
LZAA:
have addressed dis particular question before so lemme do so again
A vote for anyoda candidate other than atiku is a vote for buhari
How?
All those other candidates are wonderful yes they and in sane societies neither buhari or atiku should be running for president
But u and i know nigeria is not sane
Have u asked ursef why atiku was/is the u.s despite his visa ban?
That buhari interview showed a man out of touch with reality and really showed osibanjo as the brains of that govt
Now back to buhari/atiku
All those other candidates are in minority parties with very low national reach
We are the middle of rotational presidency of which the north still feel cheated hence the presenting of northern candidates by both major parties.
Finally in a sane society,if u are presented with a choice of either an out of touch,out of date,senile old man and another who though old,possesses the economic savvy,has a deputy who does the same and unserstands the concept of free market economy better(i sound like an economist kikiki grin high know heemotep wee be jealousing me grin)
Who would u pick

2 Likes

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by maxxG: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
Funkybabee:
that's the fact and even if Atiku wins, he will want to do second term self making how many years of fulani rulling..

we need to think deep oo I'm not kuku gonna vote

Why not worry less about the man's tribe and think more of the country's development. You'll scream nepotism and bigotry unknowingly to you that you're the true bigot.

2 Likes

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by maxxG: 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
BluntBoy:

You have no proof that Atiku is better than Buhari.

And as per achievements, you might want to list one of Atiku's achievements rather than making a lazy attempt at desperately passing the man off as the messiah.

You might also want to tell us how Atiku would bypass the red tapism of bicameralism to transform Nigeria in fewer years than Buhari.

So you're suggesting we vote PMB again? Really? That man has clearly lost it and if you're true to yourself you'll see it.

In voting any other candidate, votes that should have gone to the PDP will split, hence, bringing APC back to the helm of affairs. APC is a disaster bro!! Other candidates may be better choices but sadly their lack of publicity is the major problem so any attempt voting them risks splitting votes.

2 Likes

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by maxxG: 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
tizteezy:

You've said it all bro

In my own opinion, until we the youths wake up to smell the coffee, form a strong coalition devoid of selfish interests we're going nowhere.
So wore, Moghalu, etc should not be so selfish to run alone... therein lies the problem.

This is why I tend to lean towards supporting PMB. At least, a huge percentage of the people we all know are Nigeria's problem are crying foul, why? Because its not business as usual.

Changing from wat was par the course isn't ever easy, never smooth. But its better than continuing to be ripped to shreds year in year out.

Until youths open their eyes and stand for what is right, I'll support someone who has been bold enough to alter the undesirable status quo we once had.

Did you watch the interview with Buhari on NTA. No sane person will think of voting PMB come February! Ever!! But then we live in an insane country.

More life bro✌

2 Likes

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by maxxG: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
RALPHOW:

ABSOLUTE TRUTH
BUT HOW CAN WE CONVINCE THE ILLITERATE WHO ARE 80%?
Exactly bro! How can we? We'll end up splitting votes
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by Vince77(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
VaselineCrew:
Let's make a bet, that by 2023, Nigeria would still be the same sh*thole that it is today if Atiku or Buhari were to win the upcoming elections.

Electricity : By 2023, you still would not have light on a regular basis. The country would still be struggling to generate 4,000-5,000MW.

Currency: The Naira would slide down to N600 to a dollar.

Poverty: Due to inflation and sliding currency, poverty rates would tend to increase.

Security: Same ol story of underpaid and under equipped police and army forces expected to go sacrifice their lives for the country. Same embittered armed forced transferring their pain to unarmed civilians any chance they get.

Infrastructure: Still struggling with roads and rails connecting the entire Nigeria.

Healthcare: Still have a country were the average life span is around 47 years. Presidents and politicians that go overseas at the slightest of ailments

You know deep down in your hearts that what I'm saying is true, but you will still choose to be headstrong and dive headlong into the disaster that is a future of the same or worse for Nigeria?

Why? Just to spite another tribe? Igbos spiting Yorubas? or vice versa?

Why can't you simply go to the polling booth and vote for the right person, leaving the rest to God? Why must you all be herded like goats to their ineluctable slaughter?

Good thinking.

I told relative that Nigerias development (if there will ever be) MIGHT be from 2030 because if buhari wins election again it means there will be nothing for Nigeria till 2023. And then if PDP eventually wins in 2023, they will spend the first 4years giving excuses how they are trying to clean up the mess APC made in the last 8 years. That means another four years wasted. We will be in 2027 by then. We will have another election again and we continue getting excuses upon excuses from whichever party wins. Before you know it we will be in 2045 with little progress made.

Nigerians are yet to realize that APC and PDP are just same party with different names.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by hedonistic: 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
PromixTuhh:
That's why we need to vote for Sowore - Rufai! APC & PDP are literally the same people, that's why they are able to defect to and fro. Even Atiku was in PDP, then APC and back to PDP!
If you think anything will improve with Atiku as the President then you're still asleep.
And you would think Nigerians would have learnt a lesson from 2015 election.
Vote wisely.

Does anybody know sowore in Kafanchan or Kongolam? Does anybody know Sowore in Potiskum or Kachalla?

Can Sowore muster votes in Ihiala or Isikwato?

Most importantly, does Sowore and his party have the capacity to install party agents in every polling booth and ward across Nigeria, to monitor votes and at least try to minimise rigging?

My brother these are the issues that any sensible person would consider. Beating about the Bush in this way simply means you want the useless Buhari to continue. And I strongly believe that the likes of Sowore are APC hirelings to help Buhari win.

As Nigeria is, progress can't come via revolution. It can only come via evolution. Small, incremental steps. Only the PDP and Atiku stands any realistic chance in this present moment.

And judging from how the incumbent Jonathan was defeated in 2015 and he handed over rpower, it was a massive incremental step. If this idiot called Buhari is defeated and also hands over power this year, it would be an even bigger incremental step towards permanent development. Let's make that happen by being realistic.

Forget grand ideals and wishes. Let's face facts and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by Idrisayuba8: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2019
Atiku is thief and he can't be trusted

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by dazzlingd(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
oblaak:
There's a major difference sir.
Buhari is enitirely lifeless, dumb, unintelligent and foreign investors don't like to meet with him. Nigeria will further deteriorate under the dullard.

Atiku? Wow.. There's this charisma he carries around. His business strategies and positivity and involvement with social activities and economy is soothing enough for us to vote him.

Vote for Atiku + Obi and enjoy your time being Nigerian.

Remember that most people rooting for the dullard are not living with you and I in Nigeria. So they don't even care.

Other aspirants don't stand any chance, not Sowore, not Moughalu, not Ezekwesili (I saw her campaigning in Anambra the other day), a joke it was. Be wise my beloved people..

You know that you are not being sincere to yourself and you know,... Atiku /buhari don't give a shhiiit about you, it's all about power. I care less who win, my vote is for sale, anyone that will favour me personally.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by Domistar5(f): 8:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
id911:
You can't deceive us bro! There's a huge difference between HE Atiku Abubakar and the lifeless one. The lifeless one is naturally unintelligent and extremely rigid, can't differentiate his left from his right and has no plan to change the system. He's like a remote control.

Atiku is flexible and a business friendly guy who has friends everywhere and already has a policy framework which he's going to pursue vigorously for the betterment of Nigerians

That's true
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by PromixTuhh(m): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
hedonistic:

Does anybody know sowore in Kafanchan or Kongolam? Does anybody know Sowore in Potiskum or Kachalla?

Most importantly, does Sowore and his party have the capacity to install party agents in every polling booth and ward across Nigeria, to monitor votes and at least try to minimise rigging?

My brother these are the issues that any sensible person would consider. Beating about the Bush in this way simply means you want the useless Buhari to continue. And I strongly believe that the likes of Sowore are APC hirelings to help Buhari win.

As Nigeria is, progress can't come via revolution. It can only come via evolution. Small, incremental steps. Only the PDP and Atiku stands any realistic chance in this present moment.

And judging from how the incumbent Jonathan was defeated in 2015 and he handed over rpower, it was a massive incremental step. If this idiot called Buhari is defeated and also hands over power this year, it would be an even bigger incremental step towards permanent development. Let's make that happen by being realistic.

Bro, let's do our part in campaigning for him in our little ways. If you know those places you mentioned you can also help spread the word around that Sowore is the right candidate. We shouldn't be voting for candidates based on popularity, or do you actually believe that Atiku is any better than Buhari? Do you think it's an "incremental step towards progress" to vote for PDP/Atiku?
Why do you think they're trying to exclude Sowore from the presidential candidates' debate. Progress WILL come through revolution that will be lead by President Sowore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjGeIsYrNE4

1 Like

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by euchariadavid(f): 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
oblaak:
There's a major difference sir.
Buhari is enitirely lifeless, dumb, unintelligent and foreign investors don't like to meet with him. Nigeria will further deteriorate under the dullard.

Atiku? Wow.. There's this charisma he carries around. His business strategies and positivity and involvement with social activities and economy is soothing enough for us to vote him.

Vote for Atiku + Obi and enjoy your time being Nigerian.

Remember that most people rooting for the dullard are not living with you and I in Nigeria. So they don't even care.

Other aspirants don't stand any chance, not Sowore, not Moughalu, not Ezekwesili (I saw her campaigning in Anambra the other day), a joke it was. Be wise my beloved people..
don't jump into conclusion yet.. it's might be the same thing
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
Sad but i agree

President Buhari has been far from successful in his current tenure and what's worse is his inability to communicate with the people he's leading and to inspire confidence which is the mark of a good leader.

On the other hand, Atiku spent eight years as Vice President of this country. He's part of the people that have brought Nigeria to where it is now and worse still, he has as bedfellows the likes of Saraki, FFK, Fayose and the rest for whom the notion of loyalty, commitment and service is a foreign concept.

My problem is not even that the candidates outside the two major parties do not have the resources and reach to wrest power. It's that the people are still willy-nilly supporting those that have impoverished them in the name of tribal or religious sentiment. The problem with Nigeria is not corrupt leaders. The problem is the people supporting corrupt leaders.

Sometimes i just consider the Nigerian situation and feel weak because, honestly, there are ways out but i don't think we will take any of them.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by baby8ace(m): 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
Please help a friend ,am in need of a job.
Degree- HND
Field of study -Statistics
Location-Ibadan
Contact- mail - henryify33@gmail.com
Mobile -08030643812.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by fsho(m): 6:18am On Jan 19, 2019
Finally, I found someone who wants to talk facts and logic.

Before I make my case, you must understand and agree (with the benefit of hindsight) that both APC and PDP-led governments have not given serious considerations to our fundamental human rights (which Atiku has been part of for 8 years). When I say fundamental, I mean, in 2019 electricity, clean water and housing should not be a problem for common citizens. Not to talk of functional education and transportation systems (and infrastructures).

From your argument, Sowore's propositions can not work in Nigeria. Please tell me what incremental steps Atiku will be taking when he takes office? Would you encourage people who have been victims to Boko Haram and other attacks vote for PDP? Boko haram did not start in 2015, it started when PDP was in power, and what did they do? One of the main reasons for voting Buhari in (in the first place) was to manage and solve the problems that overwhelmed PDP and created more problems. And we can both agree that Buhari has also failed!

So, now back to Sowore: He is not about grand ideals but practical solutions to our problems. The concept of 'Revolution' comes from the fact that Nigeria needs to go in another direction if it is indeed going to make any progress whatsoever. Since 1999, both PDP and APC have proven incompetent. Unless you are not disadvantaged in some way by these people, there is no reason to still expect them to care about you. THEY DO NOT CARE!

My final point: if you want to be realistic, tell us what makes Atiku's ideas better and more realistic than Sowore's? Do you even know what is inside Atiku's manifesto? If you do, please mention them here to enlighten everyone.

hedonistic:

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by tizteezy(m): 6:46am On Jan 19, 2019
maxxG:

Did you watch the interview with Buhari on NTA. No sane person will think of voting PMB come February! Ever!! But then we live in an insane country.

More life bro✌

Then who else do you have as an option? Aatikuu? No sir.

He's one of Nigeria's problems, backed by a myriad problematic people we're praying to get rid of in our governance...

Bad choice, but a vast majority of Nigerians have woken to smell the coffee.

That party should have produced a more credible candidate ffs!
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by BluntBoy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2019
echodrum:
Please stop Blind argument. We have only two options here Atiku and Buhari since by all calculations those other contestants are not going to come close to winning the election.
The simple question here is between Atiku and Buhari who is better? If as educated as you are says you don't have answer to that, then, you are not being honest to yourself. Leave hatrage out the door and be reasonable. Buhari has shown how incompetent he is. No matter how much you hate Atiku, you can not prove his incompetency untill you give him a chance. Or do want us to vote for same failure?
What are you not talking?

I just dey laugh.

Who is arguing blindly between you and me?

You people claim Atiku is better than Buhari and at the same time claim that Atiku is untested.

How can someone who is untested be better than someone that has been tested.

For instance, you have not tasted MiMi noodles but yet claim that it is better than Indomie noodles. Does that make any sense to you?

That was why I asked for proof. You cannot prove that the MiMi that you have not tasted is better than Indomie simply because you hate Indomie.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by BluntBoy(m): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
maxxG:

So you're suggesting we vote PMB again? Really? That man has clearly lost it and if you're true to yourself you'll see it.

In voting any other candidate, votes that should have gone to the PDP will split, hence, bringing APC back to the helm of affairs. APC is a disaster bro!! Other candidates may be better choices but sadly their lack of publicity is the major problem so any attempt voting them risks splitting votes.

Why should you vote for PDP.

They were in power for 16 years as against APC's 4 years.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by echodrum(m): 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2019
BluntBoy:

I just dey laugh.

Who is arguing blindly between you and me?

You people claim Atiku is better than Buhari and at the same time claim that Atiku is untested.

How can someone who is untested be better than someone that has been tested.

For instance, you have not tasted MiMi noodles but yet claim that it is better than Indomie noodles. Does that make any sense to you?

That was why I asked for proof. You cannot prove that the MiMi that you have not tasted is better than Indomie simply because you hate Indomie.

If the Indomie that I have been eating does not taste good and it is killing me. Tell me why it is not reasonable enough to try MiMi? How do you discover good thing if it hasn't been tasted? I'm Igbo, but in 2015 I campaigned against Jonathan because in my own view he failed to secure the country from Boko Haram, I did not see any good projects that was carried out, the electricity was a mess. So that made me to choose Buhari over Jonathan. Now that Buhari has failed in my own and other peoples view, no body is going to reward him with a second term. It is simple serve or be served. If you want tribes, midiocrasy and ignorant to rule over truth that's your own problem. Nigeria has decided to vote out any incompetent president with thier votes until they learn.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by BluntBoy(m): 10:26pm On Jan 19, 2019
echodrum:
If the Indomie that I have been eating does not taste good and it is killing me. Tell me why it is not reasonable enough to try MiMi? How do you discover good thing if it hasn't been tasted? I'm Igbo, but in 2015 I campaigned against Jonathan because in my own view he failed to secure the country from Boko Haram, I did not see any good projects that was carried out, the electricity was a mess. So that made me to choose Buhari over Jonathan. Now that Buhari has failed in my own and other peoples view, no body is going to reward him with a second term. It is simple serve or be served. If you want tribes, midiocrasy and ignorant to rule over truth that's your own problem. Nigeria has decided to vote out any incompetent president with thier votes until they learn.

These were your words:

I don't see how you can't differentiate between Atikus leadership from Buharia.

It was with the highlighted words above that you began that particular post of yours that I first quoted. I asked for you to prove that Atiku is better than Buhari.

How can you prove that a MiMi noodles that you have not tasted is better than an Indomie noodles that you have tasted?

Mind you, you never said we should give Atiku a chance. Instead, you wrote that Atiku's leadership is better than Buhari's. That is a claim you cannot prove anywhere..

You people should just say you want to take a gamble by voting Atiku. Instead of making unverifiable claims about Atiku being better than Buhari.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by echodrum(m): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2019
BluntBoy:

These were your words:

I don't see how you can't differentiate between Atikus leadership from Buharia.

It was with the highlighted words above that you began that particular post of yours that I first quoted. I asked for you to prove that Atiku is better than Buhari.

How can you prove that a MiMi noodles that you have not tasted is better than an Indomie noodles that you have tasted?

Mind you, you never said we should give Atiku a chance. Instead, you wrote that Atiku's leadership is better than Buhari's. That is a claim you cannot prove anywhere..

You people should just say you want to take a gamble by voting Atiku. Instead of making unverifiable claims about Atiku being better than Buhari.

Atiku is a successful business man. To be a successful business man you must have a very good planning skills.
How do companies hire someone they never tasted? Of course by going through thier resume. If Buhari resume is place side by to Atikus resume whose resume do you think is better?
Again, I gave you another instance. For the fact that Atiku did not play politics with the selection of his vice is another good sign that he is for the good of the people.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by BluntBoy(m): 11:52am On Jan 20, 2019
echodrum:
Atiku is a successful business man. To be a successful business man you must have a very good planning skills.

Herbert Hoover was a very successful businessman before he became the president of the United States. Till today, he is still widely regarded as the worst president the United States has ever had.

How do companies hire someone they never tasted? Of course by going through thier resume. If Buhari resume is place side by to Atikus resume whose resume do you think is better?

Atiku has never been president before. While should I choose him when his CV shows he has no experience on the job I want to employ him for? If you want to employ an engineer, would you employ someone who has only been an assistant before and leave someone with four years experience?
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by echodrum(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
BluntBoy:

Herbert Hoover was a very successful businessman before he became the president of the United States. Till today, he is still widely regarded as the worst president the United States has ever had.

Atiku has never been president before. While should I choose him when his CV shows he has no experience on the job I want to employ him for? If you want to employ an engineer, would you employ someone who has only been an assistant before and leave someone with four years experience?

Herbert Hoover inherited bad economy policies made by Calvin Coolidge his predecessor which lead the country into the great depression. But guess what? Even though he was not the one who initiated the ecommic depression he was widely blamed for his inability to revive the economy and because of that he only got one TERM 1929 - 1933.
Okay now. We voted in Buhari because we saw that Jonathan Government was leading us to economic diserster and what has Buhari administration did? His incompetency allowed the country into depression which we are still battling right now. So what is your argument? You want us to give him another 4 years to do what?

Again you don't have to be a president first in other to be voted for into the office of the president. That is why it done through campaign and voting and not Interview.
The only way voters can assess a potential leader is by looking at his track records which I believe Atikus has shown to have a good one.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by BluntBoy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
echodrum:

Herbert Hoover inherited bad economy policies made by Calvin Coolidge his predecessor which lead the country into the great depression. But guess what? Even though he was not the one who initiated the ecommic depression he was widely blamed for his inability to revive the economy and because of that he only got one TERM 1929 - 1933.
Okay now. We voted in Buhari because we saw that Jonathan Government was leading us to economic diserster and what has Buhari administration did? His incompetency allowed the country into depression which we are still battling right now. So what is your argument? You want us to give him another 4 years to do what?

Again you don't have to be a president first in other to be voted for into the office of the president. That is why it done through campaign and voting and not Interview.
The only way voters can assess a potential leader is by looking at his track records which I believe Atikus has shown to have a good one.

Oga, don't play smart here.

You said Atiku would make a better president than Buhari simply because he is a successful businessman.

I gave you the Hoover example to show that there is no solid correlation between success in business and success in political leadership. Case closed. You have begun to make excuses for an Atiku presidency that has not even been actualized.

Anyway, if you have any other evidence of a better Atiku leadership, present it.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by echodrum(m): 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
BluntBoy:

Oga, don't play smart here.

You said Atiku would make a better president than Buhari simply because he is a successful businessman.

I gave you the Hoover example to show that there is no solid correlation between success in business and success in political leadership. Case closed. You have begun to make excuses for an Atiku presidency that has not even been actualized.

Anyway, if you have any other evidence of a better Atiku leadership, present it.
Maybe you thought I'm not good at history that's why you referred me to Herbert Hoover. But now that I gave you the reason why he was a bad leader even though he was a businessman you called it an excuse. Bad argument.
Of course there is no correlation and I have never said so either. But what I said is that you give people chances based on thier track records. Buhari is a failure and I don't know how you want me to put it before you understand.
Let me ask you. Who are you canvassing for?
If your answer is Buhari. Can you give me reasons why we should vote for him?
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by BluntBoy(m): 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
echodrum:
Maybe you thought I'm not good at history that's why you referred me to Herbert Hoover. But now that I gave you the reason why he was a bad leader even though he was a businessman you called it an excuse. Bad argument.
Of course there is no correlation and I have never said so either. But what I said is that you give people chances based on thier track records. Buhari is a failure and I don't know how you want me to put it before you understand.
Let me ask you. Who are you canvassing for?
If your answer is Buhari. Can you give me reasons why we should vote for him?

Oga, you didn't know about Hoover. Stop lying. grin

If you did, you would not join others to promote a better Atiku leadership on the basis of him being a successful businessman.

If you knew about Hoover, you would not be saying that Atiku would provide jobs or revitalize the economy merely because he is a successful businessman as if the likes of Hoover or even Trump was/is not a successful businessman.

No one who knew about Hoover would think there is a solid correlation between success in business and success in political governance. Success is relative. And the case of Hoover is an evidence. He was a creator of jobs but when he assumed leadership of the country, many were thrown out of their jobs.

You say Buhari is a failure but from all indication, he managed Nigeria through a terrible recession, even though just like Hoover, he inherited the mess.

If Hoover, whose authority in the mining industry was gargantuan, could not think up economic policies to counter and considerably manage the dwindling fortune of his country, what makes you sure Atiku has the competence to steer the country toward economic prosperity?

You say he is a successful businessman, but that counts for nothing. Hoover's case is an example.
Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by Idrisayuba8: 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Atiku is a thief and Buhari is a man of integrity

Re: There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box by echodrum(m): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
BluntBoy:

Oga, you didn't know about Hoover. Stop lying. grin

If you did, you would not join others to promote a better Atiku leadership on the basis of him being a successful businessman.

If you knew about Hoover, you would not be saying that Atiku would provide jobs or revitalize the economy merely because he is a successful businessman as if the likes of Hoover or even Trump was/is not a successful businessman.

No one who knew about Hoover would think there is a solid correlation between success in business and success in political governance. Success is relative. And the case of Hoover is an evidence. He was a creator of jobs but when he assumed leadership of the country, many were thrown out of their jobs.

You say Buhari is a failure but from all indication, he managed Nigeria through a terrible recession, even though just like Hoover, he inherited the mess.

If Hoover, whose authority in the mining industry was gargantuan, could not think up economic policies to counter and considerably manage the dwindling fortune of his country, what makes you sure Atiku has the competence to steer the country toward economic prosperity?

You say he is a successful businessman, but that counts for nothing. Hoover's case is an example.

Is iether you are being childish or you just don't understand things.
I asked you who you are supporting and why you are supporting him or her?
I'm not a fool and I understand logic. Never have I said to you that because someone is a successful business man that it means that the person would always make a good president. But then Just because Hoover did not make a good president as a successful business man does not imply that all business people can not make a good learnership.
Nigeria was not in recession when Buhari took over the Mantle. He actually contributed to the recession which lead to many job lost.
Barrack Obama inherited economy recession from Bush but he stared the country out of recession with few years of his first tenor.
Stop being tribalistic and selfish. Patriotism is the only instrument that can save Nigeria..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Land Transactions In Lagos To Go Fully Digital Next Year / President Buhari Meets With New Chief Of Army Staff; Receives Security Briefing / 28 Killed In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.