Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,046 members, 7,919,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 06:54 AM

Basketmouth Reacts After Dishwasher Is Granted $21m - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Reacts After Dishwasher Is Granted $21m (1268 Views)

Basketmouth Reacts To Blackface's Diss Track, Tells 2face To Settle Him / Wizkid Reacts After Babymama Called Him A Deadbeat Dad / Tiwa Savage Reacts After Davido 'Confirmed' Her Relationship With Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basketmouth Reacts After Dishwasher Is Granted $21m by GistMore: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Basketmouth has reacted after a hotel dishwasher was awarded $21 million after she was fired for refusing to work on Sundays for religious reasons.

60-year-old Marie Jean Pierre was granted $21m after being forced to work on Sundays, and fired after missing work on Sundays for religious reasons.

The hotel dishwasher who worked with Conrad Miami Hotel for more than a decade until she was fired in March 2016, was a devout Christian missionary born in Haiti. According to her, she was fired by her boss at the hotel after she missed six Sundays from work to attend Bethel Baptist Church in Miami.

During an interview on Wednesday, she told NBC 6 Miami:

I love God. No work on Sunday, because Sunday I honor God

Pierre sued her former company for terminating her employment. Her lawsuit argued that her former employer had violated the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which protects workers from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex or national origin.

Pierre who filed the lawsuit in 2017 citing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 against her former workplace, previously managed by Hilton, alleged in the lawsuit that she told the Conrad Miami when she started the job that due to her religion, she couldn’t work on Sundays. She told the hotel she would need to resign in 2009 after they scheduled her to work on a Sunday, and the hotel subsequently met her requests to avoid working on Sundays until 2015 so she wouldn’t leave, per the lawsuit.

The jury in federal court who ruled on the case on Tuesday, granted her $21 million in damages, plus $35,000 in back wages and $500,000 for emotional pain and mental anguish.

Following the court ruling Basketmouth took to social media to react and it’s hilarious. He wrote:

$21m??!!!! And Globacom tour was on sundays that year oh!!!! kai….and I don’t play with my Sundays oh!!! $21m…..N7.5BN….Kai!!

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/basketmouth-reacts-after-dishwasher-is-granted-21m

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Missyb3

Re: Basketmouth Reacts After Dishwasher Is Granted $21m by GistMore: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
cool
Re: Basketmouth Reacts After Dishwasher Is Granted $21m by decatalyst(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
That where the system works and people are sane.
Re: Basketmouth Reacts After Dishwasher Is Granted $21m by PurestBoy(m): 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Now, I have house fellowship on Wednesday so no work for me too. Let my boss fire me so I can sue and become a millionaire
Re: Basketmouth Reacts After Dishwasher Is Granted $21m by chriskosherbal(m): 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
Wow that's a huge sum of money hmmmm

A place were the system has forced the institutions to work effectively.

But seriously God get haND for this woman matter ...God is forever great.

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Charles Okocha Arrested By Army, A K And Police / Jordyn Woods Shows Love To Former BFF Kylie Jenner On Instagram / #BBN: Ceec Celebrates Akin Alabi With A Beautiful Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.