Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,853 members, 7,930,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:49 PM

Breaking: Atiku Pulls Out Of 2019 Presidential Debates few minutes to kick start - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Atiku Pulls Out Of 2019 Presidential Debates few minutes to kick start (312 Views)

Tinubu, Buhari, Atiku, Candidates Who Have Boycotted Presidential Debates / Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Atiku Pulls Out Of 2019 Presidential Debates few minutes to kick start by Zenzi: 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2019
The People's Democratic Party candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has pulled out of 2019 presidential debates over absence of APC candidate, President Buhari. Atiku pulled out few minutes to the debate kick off.

“We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar cannot challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies. #2019Debate”

“Afterall, you cannot shave a man's head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is NOT here to defend himself.”

“As a leader and former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the APC Presidential Candidate’s absence in this debate. His non-appearance is a slight on ALL of us and our democracy.”

“With respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu & to moderator Mark Sugar & with apologies to Nigerians here & at home expecting an interesting debate, I regret I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence.”

“I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.”

Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar

https://www.zenzireporters.com/2019/01/breaking-atiku-pulls-out-of-2019.html

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Debate:atiku Blows Hot As He Discovers Buhari's Absence In Debate / Why Nigerians Cannot Trust Atiku - Presidency / Shango Questions Obasanjo's Dignity To Be Statesman, Patriot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.