Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,765 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

President Buhari, Atiku Didnt Participate In The 2019 Presidential Debate. See R - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari, Atiku Didnt Participate In The 2019 Presidential Debate. See R (247 Views)

BON, NEDG Pick Only 5 Political Parties For Debate (See List) / Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari, Atiku Didnt Participate In The 2019 Presidential Debate. See R by Korlah14: 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2019
Details have risen on why the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, President Muhammadu Buhari, and the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, stayed out of the debate sorted out by the Nigeria Elections Debate Group and the Broadcasting Organizations of Nigeria.

It was discovered that Buhari was prompted by his Campaign team to avoid the debate after what was seen as a poor outing on Wednesday's town hall meeting titled, 'The Candidate', which was directed by pro writer, Kadariah Ahmed.

At the town hall meeting which Buhari attended alongside Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, the President failed to properly answer some questions asked, causing the Vice-President to bail him out on several occasions.

A source close to Buhari said, “The President wanted to come but you can see that he is not ready to debate some people. It is better for him to miss the debate so that his words would not be used against him. After all, silence cannot be quoted.”

The source said the President had just disclosed to Nigerians what he wanted to do at the last town hall meeting and that was sufficient.

"You need the President to go up against motivationer speakers who do this professionally? You need him to give them a stage to lambast him? No chance! The races will be won on the field and not on a platform.

" Atiku, it was educated, had arrived from the United States no less than four hours before the event. He proceeded to the Transcorp Hotel where the event was taking place but immediately it was discovered that Buhari would not be attending the event, he made a u-turn and stormed out of the event.

In a series of tweets, Atiku wrote, “We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar cannot challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies.

“As a leader and former Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the APC Presidential candidate’s absence in this debate.

His non-appearance is a slight on all of us and our democracy. “With respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu to moderator Mark Sugar and with apologies to Nigerians here and at home expecting an interesting debate,

I regret I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari’s absence. “After all, you cannot shave a man’s head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is not here to defend himself.

I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.

The three Presidential candidates at the debate including a former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, motivational speaker, Mr Fela Durotoye, and a former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Kingsley Moghalu.

More details and Pictures, Visit https://kolaoyewole..com/2019/01/president-buhari-atiku-didnt.html
Re: President Buhari, Atiku Didnt Participate In The 2019 Presidential Debate. See R by onubijoe(m): 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku is not illiterate

Without the debate we know what Atiku can offer

Atiku is our President no shaking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari, Atiku Didnt Participate In The 2019 Presidential Debate. See R by onubijoe(m): 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2019
wicked @Buhari run when no one is chasing them, but an honest person is as brave as a lion.

When a political party sins, it will have one ruler after another. But a nation will be strong and endure when it has intelligent, sensible leaders @Atiku
N
Someone in authority who oppresses poor people is like a driving rain that destroys the crops.

If you have no regard for the law, you are on the side of the wicked; but if you obey it, you are against them.

Evil people @APC do not know what justice is, but those who understood the Law @PDP do it well.

Better to be a PDP and honest than rich APC and dishonest.

Young people who obey the law are intelligent. Those who make friends with good-for-nothings are a disgrace to the nation

If you get rich by charging interest and taking advantage of people, your wealth will go to someone who is kind to the poor that's what God is about doing to Atiku for his passion for Nigeria youths

If you do not obey the law, God will find your prayers too hateful to hear , obviously God has rewarded APC with disgrace anywhere they go

#LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Atiku’s Us Visit Can’t Negate Corruption Indictment-bmo / If You Need Power, Join Hands Together -twitter User Tells Durotoye, Oby, Kingsl / Oshiomhole Cannot Expel Me, I Am The Leader Of APC In Imo ~ Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.