Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,866 members, 7,899,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 07:08 AM

7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup (27024 Views)

11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup / 5 Tips On How Guys Should Handle A Breakup / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
Na num 3 dey pain me pass how i wish i have end up earlier with my first love but i think love will work out
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by princfred(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
freemanbubble:
Isoright
I don't have an ex because i don't do relationship. As a bini niggarrr hustling when i see a woman i like i just go in and swim
Because am always aware that women are like swimming pool
Just go in and swim, don't give a fuckkk about who have been swimming before you, don't also give a fuckkk who will swim after you are done with your own swimming!
In fact my guy don't even give a fuckkk who is swimming with you as you are swimming

Then if I noticed that the woman is loving me as am swimming and trying to create a relationship
Then i will assure her that i can't guarantee our relationship but i will make sure i remain her friend till the end of time
Swimming, make your swimming trunks no tear inside swimming pool one day.
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by frenchkisser(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
24hoursreporter:

Very sure. They must be an iota of regret somewhere.
My last relationship, I regretted not banging one last time...one for the road
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Daeylar(f): 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Mine has been 1,3,4 & 5
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Ubdavis(m): 4:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
There is no point regretting. U can not unring a bell.
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
This is y i hate to invest too much in a relationship, i only put in things i can easily let go of, i Dont introduce u to my family till u propose. Invest on Ur self, put Ur self first or u may end up regretting everything. my last relationship, i regret not calling it off earlier, thinking i could make it work

1 Like

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
wonder233:
Only you made a post, only you claimed FTC on your own post.
Yet, we will be asking why this country is the way it is. Mtcheew
I wonder
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by DrTee1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
TBIZZY:
grin bad boy. Hope u always use life jacket?

Unfortunately, there is nothing like "Life Jacket" when it comes to indiscriminate sex.

Aside HIV, there are diseases WITHOUT KNOWN CURE that can be transmitted by sexual intercourse which aren't preventable by the barrier method (male or female condoms).

Herpes is one of such diseases.

Nothing beats having one sexual partner, most preferably a spouse. Yes, marriage can come with challenges, but it is possibly better to walk through (an often painful) divorce process in an unsustainable marital affair than to go on a capricious sexual spree. The term "playboy" is NEVER a significant plus - anywhere in the World.

1 Like

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by DrTee1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
gloria34:
This is y i hate to invest too much in a relationship, i only put in things i can easily let go of, i Dont introduce u to my family till u propose. Invest on Ur self, put Ur self first or u may end up regretting everything. my last relationship, i regret not calling it off earlier, thinking i could make it work

If you'll consider my perspective Ma'am:

I think people should go into relationships without a sense of entitlement. See your partner as you'll see your brother or friend of the same gender.

Give as much as you get, even if you are the female partner. Indeed, it may be better to even give more than you demand or receive.

Never consider sex as a gift or favour. Both parties enjoy intercourse and no party is doing the other a favour by having sex.

Always consider leaving a permanent positive impression ok your partner - and that has nothing to do with cash or sexual activity. Why? There would always be people with cash and sex - but there wouldn't always be alternatives with the positive character imprints you've left on the psyche of a partner.

To love another person is to open oneself up to being hurt, naturally, so there is no point guarding yourself perfectly and expecting the other party to win you entirely over. A romantic relationship is often a consensual arrangement between two adults who are equals in the eye of the law.

If we have been hurt by our parents and siblings, and sometimes, for the married ones, by our children, then people going into relationships must know the their partners might consciously or unconsciously hurt us at times. We must patiently continue to work at the relationship by communicating until the very end. That's how friends should behave. That's how families do.

Until communication breaks down irretrievably on the basis of irreconcilable character differences, each party must work very hard at the relationship A relationship must never be parasitic.

Finally, if a man or lady dumps a partner with a VISION for another with a TELEVISION (or car, cash, dress sense), such person would eventually watch the abandoned ex with a vision on his/her wife/husband's television in the fullness of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by marvin906(m): 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2019
I don't regret anything..
buh if I where to regret anything it would be.
for being caring..
being tolerant (high level tolerant)
being patient...

what did a nigga get in the end an insult that is shaping me to be a monster which am fighting anyways.. being a nice guy doesn't worth it sometimes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by fortune1968: 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
MrThisandthat:
Same way we regret voting Buhari as President in 2015
Only you and the corruption ones do ! Sai baba will win again !
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by officialJP(m): 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2019
5&7 hmmmm
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by HealthyLivingNG: 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
CheapDataGuy:
Nah. Not all. Broke up with my girl last year and I am yet to feel remorseful about it.

Same here boss man
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by marvinsync(m): 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2019

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by marvinsync(m): 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
24hoursreporter:
The world of relationship is a complicated one. And
#6.You Actually Gave Up Your Friends Just To Make The Relationship Work

It is always good to keep your friends closer to you. Irrespective of whatever relationship you are, you still needs friends. After all, they will always be there for you when things go sour.

And it could be one of the unavoidably regrets people have after a breakup if they actually cut loose of their friends just for the relationship to work, and still didn’t work.

Well, before you sacrifice your friends on the altar of relationship, take a deep breath and ask yourself does it worth it? Because your friends have been there for you, sacrificing for somebody you just met and will probably leave soonest isn’t always a wise decision.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/20/7-unavoidable-regrets-people-have-after-a-breakup/

Chai

"Does it worth it ?"

And ur a "reporter"

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Art3mins(m): 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Gkay1:
heartbreak nor easy o.
You are so damn right bro,been in dat shoe since last year December 23...I have been shit since then,5 years relationship...E no easy at all man

3 Likes

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Painful experience...sha,i learnt alot
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by foreverfavoured(f): 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
ybalogs:
I sat with my friend in a well-known porridge shop in a neighbouring town of Venice (Italy), the city of lights and water.

As we enjoyed our porridge, a man entered and sat at an empty table beside us.

He called the waiter and placed his order saying,

‘Two cups of porridge, one here, one on the wall.’

We heard this strange order with interest and observed that he was served with one cup of porridge but he paid for two.

As soon as he left, the waiter pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying

‘A Cup of porridge’.

While we were still there, two other men entered and ordered three cups of porridge, two on the table and one on the wall.

They had the two cups of porridge but paid for three and left.

This time also, the waiter did the same; he pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying, ‘A Cup of Porridge’.

It was something unique and perplexing for us.

We finished our porridge, paid the bill and left.

After a few days, we had a chance to go to this porridge shop again.

While we were enjoying our porridge, a poorly dressed man entered.

As he seated himself, he looked at the wall and said, 'One cup of porridge from the wall'.

The waiter served porridge to this man with the customary respect and dignity.

The man had his porridge and left without paying.

We were amazed to watch all this, as the waiter took off a piece of paper from the wall and threw it in the dust bin.

Now it was no surprise for us – the matter was very clear.

The great respect for the needy shown by the inhabitants of this town made our eyes well up in tears.

Ponder upon the need of what this man wanted...

He enters the porridge shop without having to lower his self-esteem…

he has no need to ask for a free cup of porridge…

without asking or knowing about the one who is giving this cup of porridge to him.

He only looked at the wall, placed an order for himself, enjoyed his porridge and left.

Probably the most beautiful wall you may ever see will be our wall of good deeds on the Day of Judgement.

This is what is Charity when you give from one hand & other hand does not know about it.

May the Almighty help us all to spend for the poor and the needy.
……………………………………………………………
You are allowed to SHARE the update.
Wow ! I like this ..
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by uuzba(m): 10:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
freemanbubble:
Isoright
I don't have an ex because i don't do relationship. As a bini niggarrr hustling when i see a woman i like i just go in and swim
Because am always aware that women are like swimming pool
Just go in and swim, don't give a fuckkk about who have been swimming before you, don't also give a fuckkk who will swim after you are done with your own swimming!
In fact my guy don't even give a fuckkk who is swimming with you as you are swimming

Then if I noticed that the woman is loving me as am swimming and trying to create a relationship
Then i will assure her that i can't guarantee our relationship but i will make sure i remain her friend till the end of time
Fornication is a sin.
You can't say you didn't know. Now you know.
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by kunleweb: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
DrTee1:

I think people should go into relationships without a sense of entitlement. See your partner as you'll see your brother or friend of the same gender.

Give as much as you get, even if you are the female partner. Indeed, it may be better to even give more than you demand or receive.

Never consider sex as a gift or favour. Both parties enjoy intercourse and no party is doing the other a favour by having sex.

Always consider leaving a permanent positive impression ok your partner - and that has nothing to do with cash or sexual activity. Why? There would always be people with cash and sex - but there wouldn't always be alternatives with the positive character imprints you've left on the psyche of a partner.

To love another person is to open oneself up to being hurt, naturally, so there is no point guarding yourself perfectly and expecting the other party to win you entirely over. A romantic relationship is often a consensual arrangement between two adults who are equals in the eye of the law.

If we have been hurt by our parents and siblings, and sometimes, for the married ones, by our children, then people going into relationships must know the their partners might consciously or unconsciously hurt us at times. We must patiently continue to work at the relationship by communicating until the very end. That's how friends should behave. That's how families do.

Until communication breaks down irretrievably on the basis of irreconcilable character differences, each party must work very hard at the relationship A relationship must never be parasitic.

Finally, if a man or lady dumps a partner with a VISION for another with a TELEVISION (or car, cash, dress sense), such person would eventually watch the abandoned ex with a vision on his/her wife/husband's television in the fullness of time.

Jeez so.much wisdom. Big ups

This is superfluous abendant wisdom. To him/her that is discerning, read the last paragraph atleast twenty times. one billion likes brov
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by uuzba(m): 10:42pm On Jan 20, 2019
ybalogs:
I sat with my friend in a well-known porridge shop in a neighbouring town of Venice (Italy), the city of lights and water.

As we enjoyed our porridge, a man entered and sat at an empty table beside us.

He called the waiter and placed his order saying,

‘Two cups of porridge, one here, one on the wall.’

We heard this strange order with interest and observed that he was served with one cup of porridge but he paid for two.

As soon as he left, the waiter pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying

‘A Cup of porridge’.

While we were still there, two other men entered and ordered three cups of porridge, two on the table and one on the wall.

They had the two cups of porridge but paid for three and left.

This time also, the waiter did the same; he pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying, ‘A Cup of Porridge’.

It was something unique and perplexing for us.

We finished our porridge, paid the bill and left.

After a few days, we had a chance to go to this porridge shop again.

While we were enjoying our porridge, a poorly dressed man entered.

As he seated himself, he looked at the wall and said, 'One cup of porridge from the wall'.

The waiter served porridge to this man with the customary respect and dignity.

The man had his porridge and left without paying.

We were amazed to watch all this, as the waiter took off a piece of paper from the wall and threw it in the dust bin.

Now it was no surprise for us – the matter was very clear.

The great respect for the needy shown by the inhabitants of this town made our eyes well up in tears.

Ponder upon the need of what this man wanted...

He enters the porridge shop without having to lower his self-esteem…

he has no need to ask for a free cup of porridge…

without asking or knowing about the one who is giving this cup of porridge to him.

He only looked at the wall, placed an order for himself, enjoyed his porridge and left.

Probably the most beautiful wall you may ever see will be our wall of good deeds on the Day of Judgement.

This is what is Charity when you give from one hand & other hand does not know about it.

May the Almighty help us all to spend for the poor and the needy.
……………………………………………………………
You are allowed to SHARE the update.
So it's when you went to Venice that you saw Charity? Is only Oyibo that do charity in this world? Abi you didn't even travle anywhere and just copied and pasted this story from one forwared email?
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by uuzba(m): 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
DrTee1:

Do not have any sex in any relationship. Sex is reservered for married couples. It is for procreation, bringing new human beings into this world. This is a serious commitment. Sex outside of marriage is fornication, a sin.
So many have been decieved to thinking that sex is some fun activity to be had between any two adults. No, only married couples. Do this and spare the world of so many sad stories, scandals, heart aches, abandoned children, fatherless, motherless, dumped babies, abortion centres.
-
Do your relationship. Learn your lesson. Do not have sex until you are married and committed.

1 Like

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by kunleweb: 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
Thread of.great minds. I'm stying here for a while
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by DrTee1(m): 11:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
uuzba:

Do not have any sex in any relationship. Sex is reservered for married couples. It is for procreation, bringing new human beings into this world. This is a serious commitment. Sex outside of marriage is fornication, a sin.
So many have been decieved to thinking that sex is some fun activity to be had between any two adults. No, only married couples. Do this and spare the world of so many sad stories, scandals, heart aches, abandoned children, fatherless, motherless, dumped babies, abortion centres.
-
Do your relationship. Learn your lesson. Do not have sex until you are married and committed.

I like to be realistic and responsible. Religion is a matter of the heart, and entirely private too. That's where "Sin" is from.

I prefer the word "Crime" to "Sin" at least in the public place, when talking about aberrant character. Consensual intercourse between two adults is no crime.

Let's not judge each other by what is Sin in one religion but not sin in another. Let's keep that morality to our private lives and families. In the public place, let's go by universally acceptable rules of right and wrong.

Heck, I'm practicing Christian - and that's my private decision.

Have you wondered the gamut of sexual sin and incest that expectedly celibate Roman Catholic clergy get involved in annually, up to the higher ranks of their leadership - all over the World?

Wait, I'm also a Physician - and there are available records that 40% of women of reproductive age group in Nigeria have had at least one abortion. Let's be honest: The average Nigerian girl doesn't believe she is dating a man until he has impressed her as much as for her to agree to be laid by him.

It is wrong, yes, but that's what obtains with the average female - so let's do the corrections by applying universal laws, not private or conservative Christian or Muslim ones.

The Indians have millions of gods for example. All of them cannot have the same Christian or Muslim values.

What's worse? In our social lives of deception today, we've raised the economic bars of marriage so high. It costs as much as to contest to be local government chairman or start a small and medium scale business to marry a wife in many parts of the country today.

It wasn't that way when the bible was written, or even 200 years ago in Africa. Our attachment to such expensive ceremonies and demands from young men who have already attained sexual maturity is at complete variance with the biblical "It is not good for man to be alone" and the "If you cannot stay as a Eunuch, marry a wife."

Now, no school leaver can consider marrying. But how old were the biblical men when they got married to their wives? Some were 17 years!

Even to pay the church demands for marriage, aside engagement list, before registry - and you talk of "sin?"

Please let's resolve this challenge one part on top before the parts below.

Post Script:

By the way, all other things being equal, after all said and done, I agree with you.

What you wrote, which I "seemingly" wrote such a long response about, is exactly what I'll tell and teach my own biological daughter - but you see - that's private and family. Nairaland isn't "private and family" however.
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
Dr Tee1 I agree with u but the thing is that my sisters (i've got no bro) and i are close. We quarrel and settle but i know 4 a fact that they are going no where, we understand ourselves that much. I'm a very emotional person, i easily get attached when i open completely, then to loose that person to another or to be maltreated by that person is just a feeling i'm too scared to handle
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Gkay1(m): 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
Art3mins:

You are so damn right bro,been in dat shoe since last year December 23...I have been shit since then,5 years relationship...E no easy at all man

oh sorry nd just take thing easy,
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by MONIKERREVEALER: 9:07am On Jan 24, 2019
Julietcutie:
Mine is 5 6 and 7 but its OK i learnt well smiley

you have a very soft heart and sweet personality.

guard your heart carefully my dear.

never take ANYBODY at face value!
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Julietcutie(f): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:

you have a very soft heart and sweet personality.
guard your heart carefully my dear.
never take ANYBODY at face value!
thanks dear ...am now hard on the inside
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Jashar2: 12:07am On Jan 31, 2019
24hoursreporter, bia...eez like you just broke up? What were your own regrets? Or did you experience all 7? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? / My Relationship Of 9 Months Just Crashed / --- Sexy Light Skin Men---

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.