Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,119 members, 7,887,243 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:41 AM

Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf (4486 Views)

Nigerian Guy Threatens To Release Ex-gf's Nudes On Twitter / Guy Reveals His Shock Discovering He Had Twins Ex-gf Said She Had Aborted / See The Gift My GF Gave Me. despite 50k monthly allowee (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by strokein(f): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2010
i dont think it is advicable getting the gifts you gave to your girl back
that is rather childish and stupid
it is a gift and should stay that way no matter what transpired later on in the relationship
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by hbabe(f): 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2010
@MRbrownJAY
I get you now.
So if she breaks up with you and moves on, you will allow her take the gift(s) but if she is caught 'cutting shows' you will demand your gift(s) back. Hmmm
I will leave the gifts for him.
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^yes exactly, if SHE acts right and respectfully then i would act right.
the gifts are given out of a person own free will "to some extent" and she deserved them so a guy wouldnt take them back but if there is any sign of deceit/disrespect then all gloves are off!
just like kids, if they misbehave, take away their toys etc as anyone who misbehave deserves to be "punished".

walking away is too easy in this instance!
think about it: a gal meets a guy who she doesnt care for, she pretends to care for a few months and then misbehave/cheats to get away from the relationship and keep the gifts? might be ok for some but not on my watch!

i wouldnt take the lingerie back or what not but if there is anything expensive like a car, home entertainment etc then she better bring it back and ask the fool she messed with to get her some shiit.
anyway, what smart man would hand over a car and not keep it on HIS name until they get married, lol!
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2010
stroke-in:

i dont think it is advicable getting the gifts you gave to your girl back
that is rather childish and silly
it is a gift and should stay that way no matter what transpired later on in the relationship

if she was childish enough to cheat/disrespect the relationship, then, me taking the gifts back wouldnt matter much.

relationships are like business deals, you sign an emotional contract (unless otherwise) and if a person fail to abide by the rules of that said contract then this contract is no longer valid. if the gal was brave enough to cheat then she should be brave enough to walk away gift free. lol
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by strokein(f): 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

i wouldnt take the lingerie back or what not but if there is anything expensive like a car, home entertainment etc then she better bring it back and ask the fool she messed with to get her some shiit.
anyway, what smart man would hand over a car and not keep it on HIS name until they get married, lol!
i swear you are wicked Lol grin cheesy cheesy
and what if she gets married to you and the car is under her name,what are u gonna do then get it by force?

MRbrownJAY:

if she was childish enough to cheat/disrespect the relationship, then, me taking the gifts back wouldnt matter much.

relationships are like business deals, you sign an emotional contract (unless otherwise) and if a person fail to abide by the rules of that said contract then this contract is no longer valid. if the gal was brave enough to cheat then she should be brave enough to walk away gift free. lol
okay let me try get this, you get a gift for a lady you claim you love with every thot in your mind that when she fu--cks up you are gonna get it back?then permit me to say dear that the love you have for her wasnt based on true love.because i guess every thot of going into a relationship is to make the best out of it but it seems that you mister dont think that way.no matter what the gift is i think it should stick to whoever you gave it to come rain or sunshine
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by hbabe(f): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2010
I am standing on the fence on this. It is very relative.
Some may have the cash to throw around and buy expensive gifts but when a guy or chic makes personal sacrifices to buy something expensive for his/her partner; should that partner cheat or start misbehaving it will take the grace of God not to ask for those expensive gifts back.
I won't as for them back though but then I am also very cautious about what I dole out.
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by strokein(f): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^^^my thots exactly
i think whichever gift a partner gives to another shouldnt be taken back
because i think he/she deserves it at that point and that was why the gift was given out
so no matter what happens good or bad that gift shouldnt be returned except the reciever wants to do it at his/her own will
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2010
stroke-in:

i swear you are wicked Lol grin cheesy cheesy
and what if she gets married to you and the car is under her name,what are u gonna do then get it by force?

if we get married then its a different ball game all together. she will get the car as part of the allimony in the divorce settlement anyway. but if we divorce because of infidelity then i will give her as little as possible!

okay let me try get this, you get a gift for a lady you claim you love with every thot in your mind that when she fu--cks up you are gonna get it back?then permit me to say dear that the love you have for her wasnt based on true love.because i guess every thot of going into a relationship is to make the best out of it but it seems that you mister dont think that way.no matter what the gift is i think it should stick to whoever you gave it to come rain or sunshine

no no no dont misunderstand me. i give the gifts with all my love and understanding that this is real. if, down the line i realize that this gal was playing the field then what we have was a con and therefore i must act right .
my brain will take over (and put my feelings aside) and make me treat her just like i treat anyone who disrespect or abuse my trust. my love for her has no more weight on the issue.

@hbabe
the catch is to always tell your partners that you are giving them these gifts out of your belief for this true relationship BUT that if any foolishness occurs, then its war!
i wouldnt mind if we didnt understand each other on some issues(normal in relationship) but a lack of respect or infidelity is a big NO NO.
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by strokein(f): 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^î repeat this
because he/she deserves it at that point and that was why the gift was given out
so no matter what happens good or bad that gift shouldnt be returned except the reciever wants to do it at his/her own will
it all about letting go and moving on.
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by Freiburger(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2010
It is not only childish, silly and and greediness will make someone do that.
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2010
stroke-in:

^^î repeat this
because he/she deserves it at that point and that was why the gift was given out
it all about letting go and moving on.

with SOME people yes, with others HELL to the NO.
but hey, if you learned today that your bf was cheating on you all along and decide to let him drive away with the car you gave him scot-free then so be it.

as for me, its the principal that if i dont teach these scoundrels a lesson, they would never learn from their mistakes and therefore would go on their merry way and do that to others and others and others. someone's gotta say ENOUGH!

i guess to each their own.
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by strokein(f): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^point noted cheesy
so i had berra keep watch abi and kick any gold digger that comes my way grin grin
but i think one should not throw things around all in the name of love . . . . my own ish
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^^it all depends on how rich you are. to me, a car isnt chicken change, and unless that person can prove to me that what she gave in that relationship is worth the price of a car, then she has no entitlement to it. lol

baby mama: will get the ride, Coco the stripper who shaagged all my buddies: no entitlement!
and if baby mama is coco the stripper who shaagged all my buddies: she will have to get use to riding the bus (wont hurt the kids)

love is war!

1 Like

Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by slex(m): 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^it all depends on how rich you are. to me, a car isnt chicken change, and unless that person can prove to me that what she gave in that relationship is worth the price of a car, then she has no entitlement to it. lol

baby mama: will get the ride, Coco the stripper who shaagged all my buddies: no entitlement!
and if baby mama is coco the stripper who shaagged all my buddies: she will have to get use to riding the bus (wont hurt the kids)

love is war!

seconded
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by hbabe(f): 10:22am On Aug 18, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

love is war!
I honestly laughed out loud while reading this.

MRbrownJAY:

@hbabe
the catch is to always tell your partners that you are giving them these gifts out of your belief for this true relationship BUT that if any foolishness occurs, then its war!
i wouldnt mind if we didnt understand each other on some issues(normal in relationship) but a lack of respect or infidelity is a big NO NO.
I feel you, bro. Its not wise giving out jewels to pigs.
But in the heat of love, most of us forget to sound out the warning until it is too late.
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by strokein(f): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

love is war!
this really cracked me up
but for baby mama, the baby covers all i think.she can have the car and not be in your life but just count am as part of baby investment lol.
Re: Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf by Orikinla(m): 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2010
[size=28pt]YES. IT IS CHILDISH. EVEN IF YOU GAVE HER ONE MILLION DOLLARS.[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Couple Be Too Much In Love? / Is There Any Resemblance Between Adesuwa And My Girlfriend? / Where Is The Oddest Place You Ever Witness People Have Sex ,?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.