Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

Precidency : Atiku Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Precidency : Atiku Declares (790 Views)

I’m A Businessman First, Then A Politician, Atiku Declares On Twitter / Atiku Declares For 2015, Names Aborisade Campaign DG. / Atiku Declares Interest In 2015 Aso Rock Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Precidency : Atiku Declares by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2010
AT last, former Vice-President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has officially declared his intention to vie for President in the forthcoming 2011 elections.

On Sunday, Abubakar said he is running for the office on the dais of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP).

He said: "I have come here to formally announce with humility and a deep sense of responsibility that I shall be offering myself as a candidate because I want to chart a new course for our beloved country."

Recently, the PDP had according to media reports noted that Abubakar cannot run as the party's candidate suggesting that the party would have to accept the former vice-president as a member before he could run.
Re: Precidency : Atiku Declares by oderemo(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2010
I have
come here to formally announce with humility and a deep sense of responsibility that I shall be offering myself as a candidate because I want to chart a new course for our beloved country."
more like bereaved
Re: Precidency : Atiku Declares by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2010
Nigeria's former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has announced that he is running for President in the forthcoming 2011 elections.

Alhaji Abubakar told reporters at a news conference on Sunday that he wants to run as the candidate of the People's Democratic Party [PDP], Nigeria�s ruling political party.

The former vice president says, quote; "I have come here to formally announce with humility and a deep sense of responsibility that I shall be offering myself as a candidate,
I want to chart a new course for our beloved country," end of quote.

The party would have to accept the former vice president as a member before he could run.

The Media Consultant to the former vice-president, Malam Garba Shehu has also confirmed to local news agencies in an interview that the declaration would afford Atiku the opportunity to unveil his policies for the country.

Shehu said the policy direction, would give an insight of how Atiku's administration would confront the myriad of problems facing the nation, adding that, "the policy document will soon be made available to all Nigerians".

It is also widely reporter that the former Vice President had already constituted a 15-man interim campaign committee with his former aide, Mr. Chris Mammah as Director General, while Bashir Yusuf and Dr. Andy Okoli will both serve as Deputy Director Generals.

Other members of the team include Chidi Duru, Alhaji Umar Kareto, Mr. Omar Shittien, Mr. Nath Yaduma, Dr. Ojo Onukaba, Dr. Adeolu Akande, Mallam Garba Shehu and Mr. Timi Frank.

Based on pending changes to Nigeria�s electoral law, the presidential election could be held as early as January, 2010.

Alhaji Abubakar served as Vice President under President Olusegun Obasanjo.

He ran unsuccessfully for president in 2007 as an opposition party candidate.
Re: Precidency : Atiku Declares by EzeUche22(m): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2010
Why do we recycle these old ladies who led us no where?

Why not allow someone who is much more younger and someone who is went to an Ivy-leave institution?
Re: Precidency : Atiku Declares by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2010
EzeUche22:

Why do we recycle these old ladies who led us no where?

Why not allow someone who is much more younger and someone who is went to an Ivy-leave institution?

It is un-Nigerian to demand high standards!!!!!!!!

After claiming to be proud of who they are and maintaining their backwards ideologies, they wear sleeping robes to international summits only to loose their mojo when they meet other world leaders.
Re: Precidency : Atiku Declares by Jarus(m): 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2010
Duplicated thread. Go join the main discussion in another thread.
Thanks

(1)

At Last! Jonathan Sells Off Phcn (?) / Babangida: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square / Pastor Predicts Doom For Nigeria If

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.