Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,530 members, 7,968,495 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:25 AM

Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele (32371 Views)

APC Convention: Excluding Me On Ballot, Recipe For Crisis – Yahaya Bello / Bode George: Leaving Presidency Ticket Open In PDP Unfair, Recipe For Disaster / "Recipe For Poverty" - Reno Omokri Lists The Things That Can Make A Person Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by Koolking(m): 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2019
Ugosample:

Floating the naira, and removing subsidies, as well as disbanding NNPC are the only moves we can make to save this country

However, because my countrymen are stupid and short sighted, they prefer this unsustainable model we are running

they are not ready to go through discomfort now for them and tgwur descendants to enjoy in future.

Just imagine how far NIGERIA would have gone it subsidies were removed in 2012.
Nigerians were not willing to pay 141 when oil prices were so high, but clapped when this useless govt increase fuel to 145 in a RECESSION with lower oil prices AND STILL PAYING SUBSIDIES that they call "under recovery" deceiving idiot Nigerians

If you guys continue like this, your descendants will spit at your graves for bequeathing them a failed and destroyed country

Continue in this flawed system you hear, while those who have left or will still leave the failed country continue to leave

in 15 years time

una eye go clear

OK
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by namo77: 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2019
More disastrous than what you've done?
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by hokafor(m): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2019
Emefele, he that is down fears no fall. We are already in disaster .
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by mfm04622: 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2019
madridsta007:

Not sure that the CBN which has supervised Nigeria into a recession, supervised Nigeria into a double-digit inflation, being the financial framework on which Nigeria has become the world capital of poverty, has the credibility to say it knows what it's doing. grin grin

In a sane clime, there would have been resignations and the sack.

Hence any politician, heck any literate person, is justified in proffering suggestions to what is a clear case of sequential display of incompetence by the CBN.

Was it CBN that supervised Saudi Arabia, Russia, Angola and other oil dependent countries into recession at the same time?
As long as Nigeria depends on crude oil, we will be go into recession anytime crude falls! The fact that Nigeria was the first country to exit recession showed we need to command CBN.
Don't mistake the medicine with the disease! Restriction of FX for some product is the medicine. The recession is the disease!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by Habeyy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2019
The policies of Emefiele in the early days of this administration plot our nation into disaster
Emefiele created the problems in the forex market by thinking the central bank can handle the huge domestic demand for dollars in the economy.
They wanted to eliminate the operations of the parallel market
But it boomerang thus creating a situation where the CBN cannot meet the demand thereby creating an excess of demand over supply
This is the genesis of how the price of dollar skyrocketed..Terrible situation

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by Enuose242(m): 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2019
SageTravels:
Some people are benefiting from this exchange rate. If you are earning in dollars, you will even be praying for the dollar to continue increasing. That's why they say another man food is another man poison.

The more dollars to Naira goes up the more price of things goes up and the more the Naira becomes useless
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by bluecircle470: 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Is this not the same guy that was bowing to buhari cabals?

Correct me if I'm wrong

Yes and he was the same guy appointed buy the former president named Jonathan whom Buhari wanted to boot out as not being good.
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by missile(m): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2019
lol
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by nkemjacob2(m): 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2019
Lamilekan1000:
Sure winning g.a.m.e available for tonight. Only high stakers should Chat me up via 090.51.88.09.49
u re a scammer
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by codedguy1(m): 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2019
Emefiele needs to shut up already.

Nnpc shouting that it should be left out of politics/election squabbles, yet emefiele is spewing nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by tonex360: 7:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
Say no to cabals
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by ada9ja(f): 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2019
Saraki words on PDP before joining APC

1. what saraki said about jonathan and PDP
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/jonathan-forget-2015-bukola-saraki/amp/
2. i wont come back to PDP
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/184796-i-wont-return-to-pdp-saraki.html

Atiku words on PDP before joining APC

1. why atiku left PDP before
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/250486-throwback-atiku-said-pdp-joining-apc-2014.html

2. why atiku warns nigerians against PDP
https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2014/10/17/2015-atiku-warns-nigeria-risks-one-party-dictatorship-pdp-wins/amp/

What fani kayode said about jonthan and PDP
1.‎https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/131308-fani-kayode-blasts-jonathan-says-president-is-leaving-legacy-of-destruction-and-disaster.html

Reno omokri involved in robbery case and power abuse under jonthan
1.‎https://theeagleonline.com.ng/jonathans-aide-reno-omokri-fingered-in-n25m-armed-robbery-case/

obasanjo said God will never fogive him if he support atiku
1.‎https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/278869-exclusive-god-will-never-forgive-me-if-i-support-atiku-for-president-obasanjo.html

2. how obasanjo describe atiku before now
‎saharareporters.com/2018/10/13/most-disloyal-human-being-and-other-bad-things-obasanjo-previously-said-about-atiku

How peter obi agreed that PDP destroy the exonomy before handing over including him
https://www.abusidiqu.com/how-pdp-destroyed-nigeria-economy-by-ussiju-medaner/
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by dochenaj: 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2019
PassingShot:

Lol @ President Atiku

Una mouth no get mate aswear
I suppose you don't understand what I'm saying. Let me simplify it for you. He should wait till Atiku is president and presents this policy to him, so he can then debunk it. Right now, Atiku is not president so his policy choices doesn't deserve any comment except the CBN governor is politically motivated.
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by ledaman: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2019
NoisyNaybour001:
Guys let's settle this poo once an for all

like for Buhari share for Atiku
You can take your likes and shares to INEC to decide who will govern Nigeria!
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2019
See who is talking a fool that was used by the cabal for exchange rate deals that killed our Naira. If not for Emir Sanusi that raised alarm you would have killed the country.
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by goaldynboy: 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2019
GoodMuyis:

[s]In 2014 Former minister of Agriculture Akinwumi_Adesina responded to Buhari's ignorance in Agriculture and was later rewarded for good stewardship by Buhari Himself. So if Atiku is being corrected for goof, it should be accepted in good faith, Emefiele is an expert in the field and should be able to tell Aktiku what is right. [/s]

I SMELL LIES!!

While a minister is part and parcel of an incumbent government and so can delve into partisan politics; central bank is an independent body and should not be seen to be partisan!

It is also a monumental lie to say Buhari rewarded Akinwumi Adesina! How?! When?! Where?! You think it was it Buhari that appointed him to head African Development Bank?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by hedonistic: 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2019
Emefiele is toeing the path of destruction. It's hilarious that he emphasised how 'apolitical' he and the CBN is, even while making very very VERY political pronouncements. He is clearly taking a gamble. Knowing that Buhari and his cabal like eye service, he is behaving like a typical eye service civil servant. Shame.

But besides that, I detest how he is making his pronouncement sound like a definitively objective fact. The truth is that economics is like law. There's really no objective fact when it comes to alternative approaches. That's why you would see two senior SANs arguing on opposite sides, just how you would see two world class economists proposing two contrasting approaches. Economics is even worse than law, in that you can't claim to know what works until you try it. The flexibility to admit what's not working and to try alternative approaches is what makes a great administration (Jonathan, and Atiku to come), not a rigidity and stubbornness to stick to what's not working, because you think you know it all..... Even though you know NOTHING.

If the CBN under Emiefele had been such an infallible authority in economic matters and full of wisdom, then Nigeria's currency would not have slid into the unprecedented depths that it did immediately after Buhari seized power in 2015, and Nigeria's economy would not have descended into the depression (not even recession) that it did... From which it has not recovered.

Fools would be deceived. It is their portion to be deceived. But discerning people know better.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by goaldynboy: 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2019
mfm04622:

[s]Was it CBN that supervised Saudi Arabia, Russia, Angola and other oil dependent countries into recession at the same time?
As long as Nigeria depends on crude oil, we will be go into recession anytime crude calls! The fact that Nigeria was the first country to exit recession showed we need to command CBN.
Don't mistake the medicine with the disease! Restriction of FX for some product is the medicine. The recession is the disease![/s]

Another lies from the pit of hell!

Since the history of Nigeria, the country has only plunged into recession twice under the supervision of
the same Dullard called Muhammadu Bahari! First in 1983 and then in 2015! What a coincidence!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by madridsta007(m): 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2019
mfm04622:

Was it CBN that supervised Saudi Arabia, Russia, Angola and other oil dependent countries into recession at the same time?
As long as Nigeria depends on crude oil, we will be go into recession anytime crude calls! The fact that Nigeria was the first country to exit recession showed we need to command CBN.
Don't mistake the medicine with the disease! Restriction of FX for some product is the medicine. The recession is the disease!

I'm not sure you know whom you are speaking to. What determines and influences recession in any country is simply the country's macroeconomic policies. Nigeria's economy is service-oriented and import-based, hence the need for stable macroeconomic policies, which Buhari's totalitarian regime can not provide.

Low oil prices has been a common occurrence since OPEC started setting these prices; in November 1998, oil prices were as low as $17.89 per barrel; Nigeria did not fall into a recession because of this. However, in 1983-1985, when oil prices ranged between $80.13 per barrel and $68.57pd, Nigeria fell into recession under the administration of General Buhari- not a surprise, if one is honest. I could give you details of his crude and uncertain "economic policy" at that time, which led Nigeria into a recession, if you want.

The markets do not react to oil shocks as much as we think they do; hence, with the Iraq War of 2003, when oil prices dropped, Nigeria did not fall into a recession under Obasanjo simply because of a solid macroeconomic policy. Same with when America and much of the EU dropped into a banking-crisis driven recession; our good [stable] macroeconomic policy ensured Nigeria was insulated from that. If CBN told you that it was due to the drop in oil price, hence the Buhari recession, I am afraid my friend; they sold you a lie.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by GoodMuyis(m): 7:59pm On Jan 23, 2019
goaldynboy:

I SMELL LIES!!
While a minister is part and parcel of an incumbent government and so can delve into partisan politics; central bank is an independent body and should not be seen to be partisan!
It is also a monumental lie to say Buhari rewarded Akinwumi Adesina! How?! When?! Where?! You think it was it Buhari that appointed him to head African Development Bank?!

You think other counties did not want their candidate to won. Pls read

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/how-adesina-won-afdb-presidency/
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by mfm04622: 10:06pm On Jan 23, 2019
goaldynboy:

Another lies from the pit of hell!

Since the history of Nigeria, the country has only plunged into recession twice under the supervision of
the same Dullard called Muhammadu Bahari! First in 1983 and then in 2015! What a coincidence!!

Student if history, go and check if oil price dropped in both situations or not! In the first time, the recession has started. Or what caused "Austerity Measure" introduced by Shagari government? Or you think you are talking to a child of yesterday?
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by mfm04622: 10:14pm On Jan 23, 2019
madridsta007:

I'm not sure you know whom you are speaking to. What determines and influences recession in any country is simply the country's macroeconomic policies. Nigeria's economy is service-oriented and import-based, hence the need for stable macroeconomic policies, which Buhari's totalitarian regime can not provide.

Low oil prices has been a common occurrence since OPEC started setting these prices; in November 1998, oil prices were as low as $17.89 per barrel; Nigeria did not fall into a recession because of this. However, in 1983-1985, when oil prices ranged between $80.13 per barrel and $68.57pd, Nigeria fell into recession under the administration of General Buhari- not a surprise, if one is honest. I could give you details of his crude and uncertain "economic policy" at that time, which led Nigeria into a recession, if you want.

The markets do not react to oil shocks as much as we think they do; hence, with the Iraq War of 2003, when oil prices dropped, Nigeria did not fall into a recession under Obasanjo simply because of a solid macroeconomic policy. Same with when America and much of the EU dropped into a banking-crisis driven recession; our good [stable] macroeconomic policy ensured Nigeria was insulated from that. If CBN told you that it was due to the drop in oil price, hence the Buhari recession, I am afraid my friend; they sold you a lie.

My question remain the same. Was it CBN that managed those countries into recession same time Nigeria went into recession? Answer that first.
Now, seems you didn't know the last global recession started in US! With the failure of the Lehmann Brothers. Yes, US exited recession faster than Europe. It was due to the methods they used. There are two ways to fight recession. 1. Expand your economy by spending. You get the money by borrowing or just printing money. US did both. Go and check rate of increase in borrowing under Obama's first term in office. The EU chose to save and reduce government spending. Both will get you out of recession but we now know the spending way will do it faster. As long as your economy is productive enough to pay generate money to pay back.

Won't be responding to you again. You are not willing to learn. Just answer my question sincerely and you will know the answer
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by madridsta007(m): 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2019
mfm04622:

My question remain the same. Was it CBN that managed those countries into recession same time Nigeria went into recession? Answer that first.
Now, seems you didn't know the last global recession started in US! With the failure of the Lehmann Brothers. Yes, US exited recession faster than Europe. It was due to the methods they used. There are two ways to fight recession. 1. Expand your economy by spending. You get the money by borrowing or just printing money. US did both. Go and check rate of increase in borrowing under Obama's first term in office. The EU chose to save and reduce government spending. Both will get you out of recession but we now know the spending way will do it faster. As long as your economy is productive enough to pay generate money to pay back.

Won't be responding to you again. You are not willing to learn. Just answer my question sincerely and you will know the answer

LOL.
Of course you will not respond to me again; I have exposed your shocking understanding of simple economics. To blame recession on "oil price movement" is very ignorant. Again, it is not your fault.

The CBN Act of 2007 charges the Bank with the overall control and administration of the monetary and financial sector policies of the Federal Government.

Hence they take responsibility for the unstable financial sector policies which largely drove Nigeria into recession. The markets looked at Buhari and found political instability when he took 6 months to appoint a Minister of Finance [after calling them noisemakers]. Foriegn investors pulled out their investments and funds from Nigeria when they had no clue of the direction of a slow, unresponsive administration. Oil prices had little to do with recession, oga. If it were, Nigeria should have gone into recession when the oil price dipped to $17.89 per barrel in 1998.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by goaldynboy: 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2019
GoodMuyis:

You think other counties did not want their candidate to won. Pls read

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/how-adesina-won-afdb-presidency/

I have gone through the link you provided ! Buhari did not contribute anything to Adesina becoming ADB President. Goodluck Jonathan nominated him while Okonjo Iweala garnered votes for him with her American connection! Adesina merely gave respect to Buhari for being the Nigeria's President at the time!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by goaldynboy: 10:48pm On Jan 23, 2019
mfm04622:

[s]Student if history, go and check if oil price dropped in both situations or not! In the first time, the recession has started. Or what caused "Austerity Measure" introduced by Shagari government? Or you think you are talking to a child of yesterday?[/s]

RUBBISH!!

You don't deserve any discourse! Keep wallowing in your ignorance!!
Re: Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2019
igwefivestar:
oga CBN, trade with caution
trade with caution indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Operation Amotekun Begins In South-West: Yoruba Youths Warn Criminals / Governor Adeleke: INEC Presents Original 2018 Documents / CSU: Certificate Tinubu Submitted To INEC Not Our Document - DailyPost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.