Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,379 members, 7,971,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:04 AM

Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi (43620 Views)

Udeme Otike-Odibi Tore Wedding Pictures Before Killing Husband / How Udeme Killed Symphorosa Otike-Odibi, Cut Off His Intestines — Witnesses / Udeme Otike-Odibi Sent To Prison For Murder Of Husband, Symphorosa Otike Odibi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by Born2Breed(f): 9:33am On Jan 24, 2019
I will never get this angry and mad to kill a loved one.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by Keshon: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2019
Lawyer kill lawyer!!!

The judge will give accurate verdict!
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2019
yeah it was common knowledge, ibom witches.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by 1miccza: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Easier said than done when you're from the outside looking in. Betrayal hurts. Especially when someone is also not showing any remorse for their actions. Some guys when they're in the wrong, they'll still peacock around & be arrogant, which is why they end up getting skewered like pigs on the spit. I'm not condoning her behaviour, but I've seen how these type of men treat their wives when they have a plan b waiting for them outside. One actually had a nerve to have his mistress sleepover at his house & made the wife to sleep on the floor. When she ended up beating him to death, I didn't even feel sorry for him. Some guys can be heartless. Worse part of all, they usually do this on people who were there for them when noone else was.

I am not a lady and i am not married but honestly i won't wait for the relationship to degenerate to this point before i take a bow, come to think of it, one lesson that i've learnt from the little interactions i've had is a bit of space tests a relationship, if he or she loves you, when you give a bit of space, that situation would be tested, if it's love as we say, one will definitely reach out to the other..

1 Like

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by Strongbest(m): 9:36am On Jan 24, 2019
dominique:
The husband and Maryam Sanda's late husband must be regretting in their graves why they left their first marriages to marry cold blooded women that would eventually snuff lives out of them.

Any justification to my complaint above?
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by Randy100: 9:36am On Jan 24, 2019
OdikwaRisky:
look at what his wandering prick caused. and If I say Nigerian men are filthy pigs, dem go insult me because its only animals that go around sleeping with everything with a hole.
married men, stay with your wife and be faithful if you don't want to end up a corpse

RIP sha
You are very stupid for justify killing. Infact if I see you for heaven I will vex and leave heaven. What prevent the woman from leaving the man.

1 Like

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by wink2015(m): 9:36am On Jan 24, 2019
Female lawyer Udeme Otike-Odibi, has confessed to the killing of her husband Symphorosa Otike-Odibi last year.

A prosecution witness on Wednesday gave graphic detail of the gruesome killing, before an Igbosere High Court, Lagos, News Agency of Nigeria reports.

The witness, Olusegun Bamidele, an assistant superintendent of police in the Homicide Section, State Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Panti, told the court that Udeme, in her statement, confessed to killing her husband and cutting his manhood.

Udeme was arraigned on June 13, 2018 on a two-count charge of murder and misconduct with regard to a corpse by Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Titilayo Shitta-Bey.

According to the prosecutor, Udeme stabbed Symphorosa, also a lawyer, to death and mutilated his corpse by cutting off his genitals on May 3, 2018, at their Diamond Estate, Sangotedo, Lekki, Lagos home.

The prosecutor said the offences contravened Sections 165 (b) and 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

Udeme pleaded not guilty and was remanded in prison custody.

At the resumed hearing on Wednesday, the prosecutor called Bamidele, a police veteran, as the state’s final witness.

Bamidele told the court that as the head of a team that investigated the killing, he personally recorded the defendant’s statement.

He said that Udeme wrote a detailed confessional statement during an interactive session with her in protective custody in the police hospital.

According to him, the defendant was recuperating from what doctors described as “superficial and self-inflicted wounds,” when she made her statement.

He said the defendant spoke freely after identifying herself as a lawyer.

Bamidele said:

“While she (Udeme) was writing her statement, it was an interactive session. I put questions to her, she would explain it to me and put it down in writing.

“She stated in her statement that she was married to the late Symphorosa and that they were having marital issues.

“She stated that the deceased was having extra-marital affairs and whenever she raised the issue with him, his responses were not satisfactory, he appeared nonchalant.

“She said that on May 2, 2018, she was preparing to travel to United Kingdom when she checked the bedside locker for her marriage certificate. When she could not find it, she went to the deceased where he lay on the bed and asked him about it but there was no response, the response given was not okay.

“She had a discussion with him and there was hot exchange of words, which made her to go to the kitchen and get a frying pan and knife.

“When she returned to where the deceased lay, she hit him on the head with the frying pan and said ‘Tell me, what is in your mind that you are withholding.

“She stated that the deceased called his mother to report her conduct. She continued to hit the deceased on the head again and again. Finally, she confirmed that she used the knife to stab the deceased in his abdomen.

“She also said while the deceased was lying on his back, she was still angry. She sat beside him, looking at his intestines coming out of the deceased and said: ‘If this your joystick is the one that is giving you license to have the feeling of another person, it’s better we cut it off,’ she proceeded to do so with the same knife she used in stabbing him and hanged a piece of the joystick in his right hand”.

Bamidele explained that later that night, Udeme sent her “close friend” Maureen Offor, a WhatsApp message which read: “I have done something terrible.”

NAN further reports that the witness said further investigation showed that she sent two other WhatsApp messages, firstly to the husband of the deceased’s younger sister, Charles Akpoguma, which read: “Just pray for us. May God forgive.”

He said the last message was to her mother in Calabar the same night. It read:

“Sorry mum, we engaged in a fight.”

However, things took a more graphic turn when the prosecution played pictures of the defendant on a hospital bed after the incident and her bloodied deceased husband on his deathbed.

Shitta-Bey also tendered, through Bamidele, several exhibits recovered from the defendant.

They included a big, shiny frying pan allegedly used by the defendant on the deceased, a blood covered kitchen knife Udeme allegedly used in killing Symphorosa, a blood stained pen, four phones, two of which were blood stained, Udeme’s Nigerian and British passports.

But when the prosecutor sought to tender the two statements which Udeme allegedly made to the police, her counsel, Mr Olusegun Banjoko, opposed the admissibility of the statements.

Banjoko prayed the court not to admit the statements as evidence, adding that they were not made in the presence of the defendant’s lawyer as required by law.

Justice Adedayo Akintoye adjourned until February 25 to consider the admissibility of the statements in a trial within trial

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/female-lawyer-udeme-otike-odibi-finally-confessed-she-killed-husband

THIS AKWA IBOM WOMAN REALLY KILLED THIS MAN IN A BRUTAL WAY.

She mutilated the male organs in such a terrible rain of TERROR AND HORROR!

HAMMAR HOUSE OF HORROR.

Udeme! You too wicked O!

Some men and women are really passing through terrible treatment in their marriages.

WHO NO GO NOR KNOW O!
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by jaxxy(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2019
Marrying an over jealous and temperamental lady is dangerous they are better as baby mamas.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by omooba969(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2019
OdikwaRisky:
look at what his wandering prick caused. and If I say Nigerian men are filthy pigs, dem go insult me because its only animals that go around sleeping with everything with a hole.
married men, stay with your wife and be faithful if you don't want to end up a corpse

RIP sha

What do you call Nigerian women who fvck around?

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by kayo8080: 9:42am On Jan 24, 2019
dockokwus:
The description of what she did that night sends shivers down one's spine.
This one was definitely insane that night and may still be insane,out of petty jealousy.

I swear. It was like I was watching an American horror movie.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by omooba969(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2019
dockokwus:
The description of what she did that night sends shivers down one's spine.
This one was definitely insane that night and may still be insane,out of petty jealousy.

It's called Crime of Passion . smiley
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by XhosaNostra(f): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2019
1miccza:

I am not a lady and i am not married but honestly i won't wait for the relationship to degenerate to this point before i take a bow, come to think of it, one lesson that i've learnt from the little interactions i've had is a bit of space tests a relationship, if he or she loves you, when you give a bit of space, that situation would be tested, if it's love as we say, one will definitely reach out to the other..

I see your point & I agree. But every situation is different. Sometimes people go against their families to be with someone, only for the same person to turn on them later on. So they get left with no other choice, but to endure, to avoid "I told you sos". That's when it becomes dangerous because they feel trapped & humiliated.

1 Like

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by ednut1(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2019
emilyone:

I tire o. More so if you know you can't remain faithful to your wife / husband dont get married no one will kill you for it
these men while married were prob cheating with these women. Yet dem dey vex

4 Likes

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by omooba969(m): 9:49am On Jan 24, 2019
Sparkle777:
OMG OMG
Really?
Seriously?
She did all of that?
I am a female, yet i felt my balls run to my stomach.
That woman is highly satanic.
Pls life sentence fast.
Damnnn

The woman was already locked in a fit of rage - this is called Crime of Passion. smiley
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by abiodun2357: 9:50am On Jan 24, 2019
jegz25:
May God distance us far away from these type of women

Ameen
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:57am On Jan 24, 2019
gaby:
It sure was never in doubt..

Just going through this woman's confessional statement and the severity of what i dodged or escaped from my ex just hit me.

I would have being a mince meat if i hadn't taken the flight with whatever i could take and just run for my life or be bothering about what people would say even in the midst of the serious abuse/violence where a knife had been taken out on me on more than one occasion while i lay me down to sleep.

In fact, i get luck and i run well.

Mine was a great escape indeed...my story would have been like symphorosa's.

Pray not to be blessed with a compulsive and obsessive partner...too much wahala

Uhmmm
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by 1miccza: 9:58am On Jan 24, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I see your point & I agree. But every situation is different. Sometimes people go against their families to be with someone, only for the same person to turn on them later on. So they get left with no other choice, but to endure, to avoid "I told you sos". That's when it becomes dangerous because they feel trapped & humiliated.

I understand clearly but the truth is no matter how untrue it sounds, the saying ''be careful about burning the bridges that you went through'' plays an important role, i am of the opinion that ones ''FAMILY'' here will always be the ''COLD WATER '' in any hot relationship, irrespective of how a guy or lady burns those bridges, apologies will always help, close to my house i have a similar situation. You don't endure something that is 90% certain of sending you to the great beyond. Before i go against my family i'll have triply sufficient proof that i wasn't wrong in the first place and if not, i'll apologize rolling on the floor if the need be..

1 Like

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by Muscomide: 9:59am On Jan 24, 2019
gaby:
It sure was never in doubt..

Just going through this woman's confessional statement and the severity of what i dodged or escaped from my ex just hit me.

I would have being a mince meat if i hadn't taken the flight with whatever i could take and just run for my life or be bothering about what people would say even in the midst of the serious abuse/violence where a knife had been taken out on me on more than one occasion while i lay me down to sleep.

In fact, i get luck and i run well.

Mine was a great escape indeed...my story would have been like symphorosa's.

Pray not to be blessed with a compulsive and obsessive partner...too much wahala

Na God save you, bro
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by uuzba(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2019
Sheybe I said?
Women with hyphenated name. You no grew submit to your husband. You use selotape patch him name for your back.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by Badonasty(m): 10:01am On Jan 24, 2019
GisterBlogger:

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/female-lawyer-udeme-otike-odibi-finally-confessed-she-killed-husband

she even cut the man prick...women are evil abeg
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by martyns303(m): 10:02am On Jan 24, 2019
This will make a good story on ID Xtra. DSTV channels 171.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by XhosaNostra(f): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2019
[quote author=1miccza post=75060278]

I understand clearly but the truth is no matter how untrue it sounds, the saying ''be careful about burning the bridges that you went through'' plays an important role, i am of the opinion that ones ''FAMILY'' here will always be the ''COLD WATER '' in any hot relationship, irrespective of how a guy or lady burns those bridges, apologies will always help, close to my house i have a similar situation. You don't endure something that is 90% certain of sending you to the great beyond. Before i go against my family i'll have triply sufficient proof that i wasn't wrong in the first place and if not, i'll apologize rolling on the floor if the need be..[quote]

Lol @ the bolded part. You're correct.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by crafteck(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2019
Where all dis feminists
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by dominique(f): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2019
Strongbest:

Any justification to my complaint above?

Spambots, your post is now visible.
Posting of links on all your posts is against the rules, that's what the signature feature is meant for.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by uuzba(m): 10:07am On Jan 24, 2019
oloriooko:
The prosecutor"s story does not add up
How can the man be pummeled with fry pan several times were his hands tied?
He saw her coming from the kitchen with knife and fry pan and he still laid on the bed?
Nigerian police can cook up stories sha
What I can see here is that the police cannot find a logical and convincing story to nail her in court so it decided to go with this.
True the woman killed the hubby but it must be proved in court before she can be prosecuted
Now the woman is in deep poo and wished she had not touched the man.
A lawyer taking laws into her hands, she allowed her emotions get the better of her.

If the man punch her back, you will call him shameless man.
Probably he was feeling down already thus lying on the bed. Plus the heavy blow of frying pan directly on his head could have just knocked him unconscious.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by Ezniteadin(m): 10:09am On Jan 24, 2019
I ran for my dear Life with a woman her type, Moses Ran from Ziphora, Elijah Ran from Jezebel who I be? Women have become radicalized with the arrogance of feminism and that is Demon right there trying to vent where there is no war

1 Like

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by uuzba(m): 10:12am On Jan 24, 2019
omooba969:

The woman was already locked in a fit of rage - this is called Crime of Passion. smiley
No need for hard French we can't understand.
The woman is a wicked woman.

If you were Eve with Adam in the garden, shey you will chop the apple and say it was Crime of Hunger?
She where all of us are today because of disobedience.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by April4th(m): 10:13am On Jan 24, 2019
This incident happened in my estate, the late husband is a family friend. It was a clear case of premeditated murder, she shouldn’t get anything less than life in prisonment or the death penalty. She killed the guy, cut of his d!!k and planned of escaping to UK before she was caught. She inflicted self injuries, to make it look like self defense. When that didn’t work, she started forming insanity. Some women sha and to think friends of the deceased husband warned him that if he doesn’t leave the woman she might end up killing him. Mind you this is not her first attempt, similar attack has happened in the past of which the man moved out. All because he has a child out of wedlock and she’s barren. Men be wise, the tell tale signs are always there.

1 Like

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by uuzba(m): 10:13am On Jan 24, 2019
Ezniteadin:
I ran for my dear Life with a woman her type, Moses Ran from Ziphora, Elijah Ran from Jezebel who I be? Women have become radicalized with the arrogance of feminism and that is Demon right there trying to vent where there is no war
The lady was always traveling to London.
Her head is filled up with Western ideas.
Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by imitateMe(m): 10:17am On Jan 24, 2019
And some Idiots will come and say itz wrong to beat a woman. If any woman TRIES to fight me, I'll take the attack straight to her and paralyze her!

2 Likes

Re: Udeme Otike-Odibi Confessed To Killing Her Husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi by April4th(m): 10:17am On Jan 24, 2019
oloriooko:
The prosecutor"s story does not add up
How can the man be pummeled with fry pan several times were his hands tied?
He saw her coming from the kitchen with knife and fry pan and he still laid on the bed?
Nigerian police can cook up stories sha
What I can see here is that the police cannot find a logical and convincing story to nail her in court so it decided to go with this.
True the woman killed the hubby but it must be proved in court before she can be prosecuted
Now the woman is in deep poo and wished she had not touched the man.
A lawyer taking laws into her hands, she allowed her emotions get the better of her.

The man was killed in his sleep. Mind you, if he was awake he would’ve defended himself or at least flee the scene. Moreover this is not the first time she was attacking him, the guy had moved out sometime ago following similar attempt on his life by her. All because the guy had a child out of wedlock and she couldn’t fall pregnant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Ties Up Her Daughter For Not Sweeping In Anambra, Gets Arrested (Photos) / Ghanaians Destroying Shops & Goods Of Nigerians Worth Millions / Momohjimoh Idris 'Always' Kidnap: Soldier Killed During Rescue Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.