Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,440 members, 7,961,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? (1441 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by URSERVICE: 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2010
After much ado the loss of epl,i hope hitv will wake up and know what they want to do, i heard they have added more channels and their production is now clear,,why did they have to wait for sooo long.Since their subscription is now N3K5,i think i will go and pay.GOD WILL HELP U OOO
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by agitator: 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2010
from urfriend to @URSERVICE! What an ingenious way to re-brand grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2010
urservice-urfriend?
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by urfriend(m): 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2010
HiTV Premium bouquet now goes for 3,500 naira.

Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
bullcrap! grin
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by URSERVICE: 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2010
@agitator!!na wa for u ooooo ur main aim here is to come and agitate people abi?good news-im @ur service, cos ure running ur mouth as like say e dey leak now!!please tell me the name of ur fathers company or even ur own sef, then and only then are u allowed to talk or criticise!!!!!
@george_d the same goes for u, s, fellows
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2010
urservice,
i can see your getting your tongue loose at last. keep yapping like this and you'll surely have millions of susbcribers flocking to your company before long! grin
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by URSERVICE: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2010
@george_d which ur company are u talking about?did i tell u i worked wih hitv abi na my papa get am?i'm just a subscriber and lover of hitv that is it.i know what it is to have a dream and keep it alive>not run peoples own down
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2010
you'll be a part owner of hitv at this rate if you keep up with this publicity stunt! grin
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by omobadan(m): 12:58am On Sep 01, 2010
HITV can bounce back as long as they change the way they operate. First thing they should realise is that there's no short cut to running a successful TV platform. I don't know what the politics of acquiring more dynamic and 'premium' television channels from outside the country seem like. Example of these sort of 'premium' channels are movies and live sports. Current Hollywood movies are always an audience ratings puller. Also they should try and get people that know how TV is done. Most of their own channels (HI Mix, HI Nolly, HI Kids etc) are weak. I see that they've started a music channel (ONE), which is a good start. What they have to realise is, it cost money to run a good and successful channel. HITV have been known to want to run their channels on the 'too' cheap. SKY TV in the UK took a considerable number of years to break even and that's after they've spent around £400M. If money is going to be a problem, then they should cut their coat according to their size. If they employ intelligent people, they'll definitely become good and the subscribers will come.
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2010
omobadan,
there are so many ifs in your post. the biggest if however is if subair will listen to you? grin
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by Mortiple(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2010
George_D:

omobadan,
there are so many ifs in your post. the biggest if however is if subair will listen to you? grin
grin grin

Sub-air wouldn't listen.

I want to add; IF ONLY HITV can add FREE CHANNELS to their bouquets, they will succeed in discouraging many of their subscribers (majorly sports fans) from abandoning their decorder. They should also make their subscribers know their are some free-to-air (FTA) channels on W4/7 that they can track with HITV Decorder.
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by omobadan(m): 2:09am On Sep 05, 2010
We hope Mr Subair and his team listens o! They really need to restrategise big time! They'll have to run at loss for a considerable number of years to bring subscribers back. They need to bulk up their bouquet. Get smart people to run affairs. Find good independent producers to make dynamic and enjoyable programmes. Sometimes, I believe they don't know what a good programme is. But I hope they bounce back on time.
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by mrinfo(m): 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2010
hitv needs strategic marketing and repositioning
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2010
now that hitv has lost the epl all they now show in hi-soccer are repeats of lack luster uefa matches.  grin
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by aieromon(m): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2010
Champions League is around the corner.They can console themselves with that.
Re: Can Hitv Stand The Test Of Time? by Mobinga: 6:11am On Sep 11, 2010

Dstv vs hitv

(1) (Reply)

Tv Series Dvd Box Set- House Md Season 8 House Md Seasons 1-8 / Jennifer Lawrence Leads Forbes 2015 List Of Highest-paid Actresses With $52m / “A Time To Kill” - Mike Godson Releases On Set Pictures Of New Action Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.