Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,666 members, 7,885,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:32 PM

Kidnapping Runs Rampant! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapping Runs Rampant! (547 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Deny Kidnapping Falae -- PUNCH / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapping Runs Rampant! by odumchi: 4:03am On Aug 17, 2010
Recently in Nigeria kidnapping has been running rampant in some states in parts of the west and east. The problem has escallated so much that President Jonathan sent federal troops into the eastern city of Aba where they blockaded roads, set up roadblocks and made sure the streets were cleared. All throughout Aba, no one dares to step outside except for the essentials such as work or school.

Some local residents were asked if they had any idea what the cause of this kidnapping was and one Mr.John replied "The problem is that money is hard. What they might recieve in one operation is equivalent to 20 years of hard work. No one wants to work hard anymore". Another Mr.Michael replied saying "It is the people in the north, the enemies of our governors. They are obviousley practicing gangsterism and are sending these men into our land to destroy our progress". There has been news of kidnappings of prominent officis and even film actor Nkem Owoh who's kidnappers demanded N20mill for his release.

Another man who sold a corporate hotel for the sum of N40mil was also targeted as a victim. His kidnappers, thinking that the money was made as profit kidnapped the man's father and demanded exactly N40mil for his release. The man, having no such amount begged the kidnappers to reduce their price, but they refused. The man was allowed a last telephone conference with his father who replied "My son, I am already old [70 years] and there is no point in wasting such an amount on me. I have lived my life fully. Do not give them ANYTHING." The kidnappers reacted and immediately killed the man's father and dropped off the father's corpse in front of the son's reidence where e was discovered the next morning.

God help us.

-Diaspora news
Re: Kidnapping Runs Rampant! by Mbeki: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2010
Jonathan said Gusau is the best NSA ever! so who are his policies protecting?
Re: Kidnapping Runs Rampant! by odumchi: 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Like To Rest Dead People In Peace Easily / Jonathan Signs Electoral Bill, Warns Against Apathy To Electoral Process / Government Officials Pay Tithes To Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.