Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,469 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:33 PM

What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com (34338 Views)

The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion / 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com / Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by rumelovelace: 12:56am On Jan 26, 2019
This is about Nigeria not Ibo and Hausa.You are sounding like Nigeria belong to the Ibos and hausas alone.
Privettoall:
If Buhari gets away easily with this, ah! Nothing for SE and SS again. Honestly! This man suppose to use wisdom in this case. Ha! Even the suspended Chief Judge of Nigeria is guilty, the president should at least exercise patience. Election is just less than 1 month. What is Buhari afraid of? That the man is Ibo? And will knock him out if he needs to approach the court after election? But Buhari said he is sure of winning the election. OMG. OMG. OMG Ibos must not sleep at all. Ibos must defend this. The ex CJN might be guilty, but really, Ibos must demand prosecution of all hausa and fulani corrupt idiots in his government. Buhari is not hiding his partiality anymore.
Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by Modarun(m): 1:02am On Jan 26, 2019
kehinde1588:
We are going to have a bigger problem in Nigeria if our mentality persist in this manner.

The former CJN(Walter) never denied the fact that he is corrupt just because of tribalism, Igbos are defending the man up and down. The man should have resigned honourably just like Kemi Adeosun did when he was accused of certificate forgery.

The same igbos and southern Christians were happy and celebrating Kemi Adeosun resignation not knowing that what goes around comes around.

What a double standard!

you just posted rubbish. The CCT chairman has a casevof corruption alreadyvhanging on his head. He was found to have corruptely enriched himself and there are evidence to prove it. But since he is a Buhari pupit they turned the other way. Question is what did the law say? All this noise is even unneccessary. This coup cant and wont stand.
Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 26, 2019
rumelovelace:
This is about Nigeria not Ibo and Hausa.You are sounding like Nigeria belong to the Ibos and hausas alone.

Yeah. I agree with you that it is about Naija. No doubt. I do not get involved with tribal fights, but the truth must be told - Buhari is partial. Every southerners that was removed was replaced by northerners. At least a sensible person will try to even be careful. Even 3 weeks to election he still has the gut to replace that man with a northerner? IGP is also from the north. Ha! BUHARI is ......

Buhari has made the fight to be Ibo Vs Hausa. The truth must be told. Seriousy, Buhari must be cautioned. Him get mind to spit on the face of judiciary. Na wa oooo!

It is well.
Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by Mitchewww(m): 1:52am On Jan 26, 2019
kehinde1588:
We are going to have a bigger problem in Nigeria if our mentality persist in this manner.

The former CJN(Walter) never denied the fact that he is corrupt just because of tribalism, Igbos are defending the man up and down. The man should have resigned honourably just like Kemi Adeosun did when he was accused of certificate forgery.

The same igbos and southern Christians were happy and celebrating Kemi Adeosun resignation not knowing that what goes around comes around.

What a double standard!

Nothing is bigger than the constitution.
Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by uniquerealities(m): 6:35am On Jan 26, 2019
blaise26abj:
This is why I said the judiciary is very silly. Why leave grey areas for politicians to exploit in the judiciary? Why not fight to have it amended to cover all areas? When they are as corrupt as the politicians how will they be proactive.

The ousted CJN is corrupt . Buhari took advantage of a loophole in a wrong way. Shikena.
without things like these we won't know how porous our constitution is. now. now that it is affecting the legislators and judiciary I know they will seat up and use their powers well. I am very sure it was a lawyer that pointed this out and gave him this advice....so the problem still lies with the judicial not manning up to their responsibilities

1 Like

Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by jumobi1(m): 6:38am On Jan 26, 2019
I don’t see how one should be able to unilaterally suspend one he cannot unilaterally remove.
Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 26, 2019
RockHard:
Technically, the CJN has only been suspended not removed. He should go defend himself against the corruption allegations levelled against him, and if found not guilty he can get back his erstwhile position. Being CJN is not his father's property.

Bless you my brother from another mother!

1 Like

Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by akdjr(m): 7:46am On Jan 26, 2019
Suspended not removed
Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2019
three:

Don't get it twisted.

Only the NJC can suspend a judicial officer.

Many pushing this narrative are closet Buharists. Don't be like them.

Nigeria will win

Posterity will judge.

If Buhari is lucky he'll still be president by Monday.

The man is a gonner and all those who ally with him.

No protests, no fuss, watch and see. This particular battle has already been won.

Buhari thought he could get us to play into his hands by this move and by mass protests which they will respond with force and postponed elections (Ozekhome chill please) ashay ashay na him carry him hand snap d gauntlet wey go pieces am.

Waiting to see how you or anybody can orchestrate that - we can recall how GEJ got rid of SLS as CBN governor.
Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by BIGGIE121(m): 9:05am On Jan 26, 2019
In my own view partaining to the issue of suspeention of the CJN, i think our president does not know what he should do and should not do as a president and the people in his cabal are not enlightenimg on what to do and should not do. buhari is senile ,brainless old man who cannot act on his own and i think the cjn's suspension was politically motivated ......like if u agree with me .share if u disagree with me
Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by CoolAmbience(m): 9:31am On Jan 26, 2019
magoo10:
The laws are clear and the tyrant cannot be greater than the law.

Suspending the CJN implies removing him from office and stopping him from carrying out his functions.

Buhari's latest unconstitutional antics will not stand and have once more made mockery of himself.

Tanko Mohamed will be treated as an impostor by the judiciary therefore null and void.

Who is this ignorant fellow?

Suspension isn't removal from office.

But you can go to court if you want.
Re: What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com by CoolAmbience(m): 9:50am On Jan 26, 2019
RockHard:
Technically, the CJN has only been suspended not removed. He should go defend himself against the corruption allegations levelled against him, and if found not guilty he can get back his erstwhile position. Being CJN is not his father's property.

Glad to see smart minds here.

Does it make sense to have CJN Onoghen preside over his own case?

I don't know why most Nigerian youths are so ignorant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Floors Aisha Buhari's Sympathisers In Court / Kano People Welcome President Buhari In Large Numbers (Photos) / "Take Danjuma's Warning Serious" - APC Chairman In Scandinavia Advises FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.