Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,456 members, 7,932,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 08:17 AM

Homosexuality - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuality (6602 Views)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuality by Gggg102(m): 6:09am On Jan 27, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
That's what you tell yourself.

Just google conversion therapy.
Re: Homosexuality by NPComplete: 6:11am On Jan 27, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
We have to prove beyond reasonable doubt first that homosexuality is natural.

Dude, this is getting ridiculous. Your bias is just making you to clutch at straws. You don't need to proof a thing is natural before proving it can be cured.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality by NPComplete: 6:18am On Jan 27, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Lordreed, what about attraction to one's own mother. Is that also normal?
I want to know how far you can take your liberalness.

Yes it is. Let me help u here. The only reason u are not attracted to ur mother is because of nurture not nature. If u didn't know she was your mother, u would not have any qualms about it especially if she is your type. At the same time, even if she is not biologically related to you and she raised you as her son without you knowing, the same nurture rules will still apply.

There is no internal mechanism for identifying mothers and precluding attraction to them. Same goes for sisters and cousins. That's why some cultures have no qualms about bedding their cousins while others find it repulsive.
So maybe u should learn the meaning of natural first before coming here to argue.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homosexuality by obinna58(m): 7:41am On Jan 27, 2019
solite3:

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

[img]https://media./images/051f7848386e2a584aef509455912185/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Homosexuality by LordReed(m): 8:08am On Jan 27, 2019
tintingz:
Lol.

Monks are cured from having sexual relationship. cheesy

Lock them in a room with a naked sexy AF woman and tell me their kondo won't rise to the occasion. LMFAO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality by Ranchhoddas: 8:38am On Jan 27, 2019
NPComplete:

Yes it is. Let me help u here. The only reason u are not attracted to ur mother is because of nurture not nature. If u didn't know she was your mother, u would not have any qualms about it especially if she is your type. At the same time, even if she is not biologically related to you and she raised you as her son without you knowing, the same nurture rules will still apply.

There is no internal mechanism for identifying mothers and precluding attraction to them. Same goes for sisters and cousins. That's why some cultures have no qualms about bedding their cousins while others find it repulsive.
So maybe u should learn the meaning of natural first before coming here to argue.
So people who develop attraction for their mothers despite living with them all their lives, will that be nature or nurture?
Re: Homosexuality by Ranchhoddas: 8:39am On Jan 27, 2019
Gggg102:

Just google conversion therapy.
I know what it is.
Re: Homosexuality by johnydon22(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2019
hahn:

Well exactly because in this case whether I think it is right or wrong doesn't matter. But that is not the aim of the op is it?

Since when did whether something matters or not becomes synonymous with it being moral right or wrong? That's funny grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality by NPComplete: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
So people who develop attraction for their mothers despite living with them all their lives, will that be nature or nurture?

Nature.
It seems u don't understand how sexual attraction works. The problem u are having is that u are viewing it from a very detailed view. But the human hormone and physiology does not allow for such a detailed look. All u need are just to see enough features to be attracted. A plum breast or a naked buttocks is enough to do the trick. That's why even you Ranchhoddas will be attracted to a picture of a sexy female alien character in a movie or a comic book. They are not even usually human but they are anthropomorphic enough to get your hormones started.

As a matter of fact it has been shown that a lot of young teenage boys have Oedipus complex. So in that formative age nurture comes in to play a role. And if those boys do not find another outlet or are not discouraged, the feelings blossom.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality by hahn(m): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2019
johnydon22:

Since when did whether something matters or not becomes synonymous with it being moral right or wrong? That's funny grin

So who decides if something is "moral" or not?
Re: Homosexuality by Nwaikuku2(m): 9:34am On Jan 27, 2019
princy80:

People are fucking born gay! There is nothing satanic about that.
You being a gay is somehow traceable to those means listed in my comment, nothing like gene gay. Maybe you do check your throwback acts and behaviours that possibly turn u into gay
Re: Homosexuality by LordReed(m): 9:44am On Jan 27, 2019
princy80:

He obviously forgot to think grin

Obviously grin grin grin
Re: Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 27, 2019
raptex:
Hardmirror
CAPSLOCKED
NPcomplete
Hahn
MissRaine69
Joseph1013
Michellekabod1
XxSabrinaxX
frosbel2
Martinez19
HopefulLandlord
Newboss
Hakeem12
Budaatum
PaulAris
johnydon22
Seun
Lordreed
HellVictorinho
What do y'all think about same sex relationships and homosexuality?

Do you think it should be legalized in Nigeria?( Please give reasons why it should or shouldn't be)
No it shouldn't. The reasons are as follows
1. We have law criminalizing gays and lesbians hence amending it would be difficult. The society frown at such act even though many persons do it in the secret. Our societal believes as Nigerians do not support it
2. Gays don't reproduce but lesbians may instead many adopt kids. If Gays can produce it would be a different thing entirely.
Re: Homosexuality by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Jan 27, 2019
solite3:
the last days didn't start today only that things will go worse as the day of christ keeps approaching.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

People are not doing anything they weren't doing in time past. Rape, torture and killing all happened before, during and after Jesus and Paul so what is the benefit of "prophesying" the things going on? In fact statistics indicate we are getting better and better so your prophecy remains a rubbish one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 11:26am On Jan 27, 2019
LordReed:

Lock them in a room with a naked sexy AF woman and tell me their kondo won't rise to the occasion. LMFAO!
Lol grin
Re: Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 11:36am On Jan 27, 2019
asuustrike1:

No it shouldn't. The reasons are as follows
1. We have law criminalizing gays and lesbians hence amending it would be difficult. The society frown at such act even though many persons do it in the secret. Our societal believes as Nigerians do not support it
Laws can change at any fück'n time. India who are very strict about their culture just legalized homosexual relationship last year.

2. Gays don't reproduce but lesbians may instead many adopt kids. If Gays can produce it would be a different thing entirely.
We don't need to look into any reproduction purpose before we can give homosexuals right to live as they want, as long as they are not hurting anyone they should have right like everyone.
Re: Homosexuality by BuhBye: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2019
NPComplete:

But those guys that put on a thong and then start posting lewd pictures of themselves everywhere I find rather repulsive. I consider that debauchery and the first signs of the collapse of societal sanity. If I won't tolerate such act from ladies whose anatomies I am biological attracted to

Are they forcing you to look at the pictures?
Re: Homosexuality by NPComplete: 12:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
BuhBye:

Are they forcing you to look at the pictures?

Yes, they are. It is called social media for a reason.
Re: Homosexuality by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
LordReed:

People are not doing anything they weren't doing in time past. Rape, torture and killing all happened before, during and after Jesus and Paul so what is the benefit of "prophesying" the things going on? In fact statistics indicate we are getting better and better so your prophecy remains a rubbish one.
I laugh at your ignorance or deliberate denial of facts. The world is getting better indeed. Present your statistics and I will provide evidence of increasing evil on Earth.
Re: Homosexuality by LordReed(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
solite3:
I laugh at your ignorance or deliberate denial of facts. The world is getting better indeed. Present your statistics and I will provide evidence of increasing evil on Earth.

LMFAO! Look at who is talking about ignorance.

Look at this and learn a little: https://ourworldindata.org/homicides
Re: Homosexuality by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Laws can change at any fück'n time. India who are very strict about their culture just legalized homosexual relationship last year
Unfortunately gay laws may not be changed in Nigeria.
Majority don't buy the idea of gayism. Many still stick to their cultural believes hence it will be difficult to change it.

We don't need to look into any reproduction purpose before we can give homosexuals right to live as they want, as long as they are not hurting anyone they should have right like everyone .
They can live their lives they way they choose but many are thinking of raising kids that is were the problem lies.
Re: Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 1:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
asuustrike1:

Majority don't buy the idea of gayism. Many still stick to their cultural believes hence it will be difficult to change it.
For India to legalize homosexual relationship, it is very possible in Nigeria.

India cherish their culture more than anything even more than Nigeria, we that we have lost our culture since the colonialism.

And secondly homosexuality has been existing in Africa, the idea that it is not is false.

Thirdly, culture is not stagnant, it is dynamic.

They can live their lives they way they choose but many are thinking of raising kids that is were the problem lies.
They can simply adopt kids and take care of them like their own. They can even give birth.

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Man is 'An Expression of Predetermined Absurdity'.
And we need to discover why human behaviors seem the way they are completely in order to avoid more problems that are associated with these behaviors.
Re: Homosexuality by Kayouzka(m): 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
Gay right is human right
Re: Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Look at who is talking about ignorance.

Look at this and learn a little: https://ourworldindata.org/homicides

I hope you are intelligent, I ask again show me statistics that evil has reduce on earth. You are showing me the report of homicide of Europe and America.
Of course an atheist does not know what evil is. What was I expecting. Smh
Re: Homosexuality by LordReed(m): 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
solite3:

I hope you are intelligent, I ask again show me statistics that evil has reduce on earth. You are showing me the report of homicide of Europe and America.
Of course an atheist does not know what evil is. What was I expecting. Smh

And I know you are dumb. I show statistics to show homicides are reducing in the world and you are talking shit. I know you are brainless but thank you for confirming it.
Re: Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 28, 2019
LordReed:

And I know you are dumb. I show statistics to show homicides are reducing in the world and you are talking shit. I know you are brainless but thank you for confirming it.
pathetic, you have just proved how foolish an atheist can be
Re: Homosexuality by LordReed(m): 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2019
solite3:
pathetic, you have just proved how foolish an atheist can be

You are the foolish one since you can't produce evidence to support your claim but instead you throw shade on actual evidence. Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Homosexuality by BuhBye: 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2019
NPComplete:

Yes, they are. It is called social media for a reason.
What people post on their page is their business. You don't like it? don't look.
Re: Homosexuality by BuhBye: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
asuustrike1:

Are you homophobic? and how's gays raising kids a problem?
Re: Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
BuhBye:

Are you homophobic? and how's gays raising kids a problem?
Just stated the fact
Re: Homosexuality by NPComplete: 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
BuhBye:

What people post on their page is their business. You don't like it? don't look.

I can see you are a dimwit. I even thought u have brains in ur head and was trying hard to give u a chance. So someone posts something and I am scrolling by and see it and am disgusted by it. U want me to surf the web blind?

Dude it is not always u have to come online to make a fool of yourself. Sometimes try and fight the urge to be a nitwit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / God's Promises On Provision - Joseph Prince / The Church And Evangelism Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.