Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,421 members, 7,914,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 05:11 PM

Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate (12433 Views)

Ekiti Laywers Storm NSCDC Headquarters, Seek Justice For Assaulted Member / Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General / Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by BuhariAdvocate: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lol association of corrupt lawyer's show up. One thing certain national Assembly will not reconvene.But if saraki go ahead and reconvene it head will roll, in fact saraki might not escape APC onslaught.
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by albaniy1: 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
WHICH LAWYERS ?

EXCLUDE ME PLS
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by koyeni(m): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ok
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Evercurious(f): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
Guestlander:
Coalition of Lawyers in Defense of Corruption.

Before everything is lost in a mass hysteria we need to know if the CJN is corrupt or not.

Sir, it"s called DUE PROCESS. That's the missing word and action
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by 042rebel: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Unfortunately, the Senate can not do much to the president . APC members are still the majority.
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Buhari is a colossal embarrassment
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Guestlander: 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Evercurious:

Sir, it"s called DUE PROCESS. That's the missing word and action

Is it due process if he is the chairman of the same committee that is supposed to investigate his crimes?
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Seetto: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Is Walter guilty or not guilty, he admitted he forgot to declare 1.3bill and 55 houses, this is just too much for a public servant, thunder fire all corrupt politicians and their supporters...
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by oyichi: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
buhari has destroyed everything, i wonder who is advising this government , if inec successfully conduct a free and fair election, and buhari wins, the opposition and the international community will not accept it and pdp will not go to that tribunal instead they will protest an d the world powers will demand buhari to step down--------lawrient gbagbo hmmm
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by able1993(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
I just hope Nigeria survives the onslaught that will come in few days...

Do you want to get motivated about life or you need some form of inspiration, advice or want to take decisive decisions about life, do you also want to learn about the contemporary great men and how they made it, business and academic strategies to succeed, then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by phabulux: 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
verifielive:
@POLITICSNGR

The Coalition of Lawyers against Corruption, COLAC has hailed the Senate for reconvening to look into the controversial suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Nkanu Onnoghen.

In a statement signed by the National Coordinator of CACOL, Barr. Olusegun Bamgbose, made available to PoliticsNGR on Sunday morning, the group warned the Senate not to allow President Buhari to decimate the Judiciary. The statement read;

"We want to sincerely commend the National Assembly for planning to reconvene on Tuesday to look into the illegal, unconstitutional and obnoxious suspension of Justice Onnorghen as the Chief Justice of Nigeria. This is quite appreciated and commendable. We equally want to thank the US, EU and UK for rising up to the occasion to express their deep concern for this odious act of the Presidency to subvert and subjugate our Constitution.

"It's very clear that this government has gone ga ga in its attempt to cause confusion ahead of the Presidential elections coming up on 16th February 2019.

Buhari must respect our Constitution which he swore to uphold on the 29th of May, 2019 or honorably vacate the State House. He has no business occupying the State House if he will not respect our Constitution. We want to assure concerned Nigerians and the International community that there is no cause for alarm as there would be no election in Nigeria except the offensive decision is reversed. We shall leave no stone unturned until sanity returns.

We shall explore all lawful means to cut the President to size. We shall within the ambits of the law resist any form of executive rascality and recklessness. The law must have his way. We want to assure Nigerians that there will be no going back until the decision is reversed.

No one messes up with Judiciary and go scot free. We want to tell the parties to continue with their campaigns as there are strong moves to restore the dignity and the integrity of Judiciary before the 16th day of February this year. We will equally want to alert the National Assembly to speak with one voice come Tuesday.

We are quite aware that the Presidency is seriously engaged in lobbying members of the National Assembly in order to cause confusion as the Senate reconvene on Tuesday. However, we urge them to resist all attempts to use them to destabilize the polity."

https://politicsngr.com/dont-allow-decimate-judiciary-coalition-laywers-senate/

You, feckers, are not lawyers. You are bassstttards!
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Seetto: 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
You mean the same senate president that is guilty of the same offence, yeye dey smell..
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Felixv: 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
Our bail and charge lawyers are now scared. Money making might become very difficult.
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by jrusky(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:
No matter how intelligent or morally right you think you are, supporting Atiku & Saraki alone exposes you as unintelligent & morally bankrupt. Except for a few cases where I understand the support. But if you are doing it solely because of personal benefits, coalition of corrupt lawyers, SHUT UP!!

Pls what brought Atiku and Saraki into this? Did the thread mentioned Atiku or Saraki name? Pls tell me the definition of corruption then after defining it take side by side the total corrupt cases against past administration and the present administration then balance the equation yourself if you are honest living soul.

Let me help you a little.

Pls what happen to Gandudollar saga?

Pls what happen to Daura N23 billion loot?

Pls where is Mr Grass cutter?

Pls where is Meina a.k.a pension looter?

Pls what happened to $25billion Baru NNPC scam contract?

Pls who owns ikoyi multimillion dollars cash and what happen to the self acclaimed owner or keeper?

Pls where did Aisha got a whooping N2.5billion from that got stolen? Pls provide Aisha business name or limited company she owned?

Pls did Oshio chimpz actually got up to $50 million dollar campaign fraud or not? And what happen to the revelation?

Pls did Obanikoro not part of Dasuki gate and where is Obanikoro now?

Pls is Omisore not part of Dasuki gate and where is Omisore now?

Bro collate all these figures together then collate all pdp loots together do the plus and minus, reconciled the account and provide us with balance sheet for all to see which administration is worst corrupt.

Good day.

Use your brain.
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Evercurious(f): 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
Guestlander:

Is it due process if he is the chairman of the same committee that is supposed to investigate his crimes?

My dear just follow DUE PROCESS
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by arewaboy01(m): 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
jerryunit48:
You need more lectures on English language
English kiiii u there
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by auwal83(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
Coalition of idiots. We have no time for your nonsense.
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by nothingspoil70: 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
jerryunit48:
You need more lectures on English language
professor, in English language not " on English language
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
Election will come and the winner will be announced..So if buhari like he should place himself as INEC chiarman..
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by bizzibodi(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
It will be a slap d face of Nigeria image if a corrupt chief judge is return back to power.
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Neoteny(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
"The government had gone ga ga "

Really?

A coalition of lawyers wrote that?

And they call them "learned" and the profession "luminous"?

No wonder the judiciary is more corrupt than any other arm of government, with billionaire judges and crooked lawyers like Ozekhome who defend only the political criminals
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by GospelAkede: 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
If you believe that Nigeria will be great again you need to listen, download and share this song as your own quota to see Nigeria great again.
#It is well with Nigeria
#Nigeria shall be great again
#I believe in Prayer

Click on the link below to download this song
https://www.reverbnation.com/thenewproclaimers/song/22914382-it-is-well-with-nigeria
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Edojoma(m): 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
jrusky:

Pls what brought Atiku and Saraki into this? Did the thread mentioned Atiku or Saraki name? Pls tell me the definition of corruption then after defining it take side by side the total corrupt cases against past administration and the present administration then balance the equation yourself if you are honest living soul.

Let me help you a little.

Pls what happen to Gandudollar saga?

Pls what happen to Daura N23 billion loot?

Pls where is Mr Grass cutter?

Pls where is Meina a.k.a pension looter?

Pls what happened to $25billion Baru NNPC scam contract?

Pls who owns ikoyi multimillion dollars cash and what happen to the self acclaimed owner or keeper?

Pls where did Aisha got a whooping N2.5billion from that got stolen? Pls provide Aisha business name or limited company she owned?

Pls did Oshio chimpz actually got up to $50 million dollar campaign fraud or not? And what happen to the revelation?

Pls did Obanikoro not part of Dasuki gate and where is Obanikoro now?

Pls is Omisore not part of Dasuki gate and where is Omisore now?

Bro collate all these figures together then collate all pdp loots together do the plus and minus, reconciled the account and provide us with balance sheet for all to see which administration is worst corrupt.

Good day.

Use your brain.

My bro,,, u forgot to add d following
1 Amaechi n Rivers state looting
2. Oshomole n d case against him while he was governor of edo state n also bribed $50m he collected during apc primaries
3. D almighty looter Akpabio himself
4. Abba kyari
5. Mr. Fashola
6. Maikanti baru NNPC subsidy scam
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Edojoma(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
bizzibodi:
It will be a slap d face of Nigeria image if a corrupt chief judge is return back to power.

But it's not a slap on d face for a tyrant n corrupt subordinates to rule u,,,,

I pity u,,,,
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by AgbaraOpic: 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
NIGERIA, A BASTION OF CORRUPTION

By Seyi ODETOLA.
(Copied from WhatsApp group)

I know a federal civil servant in one of the ministries who had two children in a boarding school in the UK paying £32,000 annually for the two. If you were to add other expenses he spends in an average year, the total sum of may be £40,000.

The civil servant kept this children in this school in Brighton since when they were ages 9 and 11. The argument he advanced then was they will be given citizenship when they turned 18years and they nearly made it.

But the tide turned against him and by 2016 ending, he was forced to withdraw the children because the FREE MONEY OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT dried up, combination if TSA, BVN and other policies if government made free money impossible.

I remember when I saw him in 2017 February, he was full of hatred for President Buhari....he was really cursing the man and you can see he hates Buhari with passion.

He told me Buhari presidency is the worst ever he had experienced since he joined the civil service.

I did not want to ruffle feathers because he is a friend, a school mate etc so I was soft on him.

But I asked him at a time why he was saying the presidency is that bad...his response was, it wasn't realising money as before. I went further to ask, were you being owed salary? He told me no. He further told me to forget the whole discussion if I didn't understand what he was taking about....

Hmmm...it was clear, he was and still in juicy ministry but the system put in place now made near $10,000 he makes illegally monthly fried up...he is very confused now.

He is putting up for sale some of his properties. He has sold a gas station in Oyo state...Nemesis has caught up with him...he is developing hypertension, high blood pressure with other peculiar sickness he had been nursing before the bp.

He needs medical attention which he travels to Germany for every 6months and the last visit was so bad that he sold a choice house to fund the treatment. What the federal government ought to have been used in building hospitals had went into His wallets and dispersed. He may need to sell all to treat himself now!!!

Fast forward the above story and listen to another story...

A massive hotel in Gowon estate Lagos was under construction. The construction started in 2014 December when the young guy who later turned to be a custom officer, equivalent of a major in the army who is stationed in Apapa wharf bought three plots of land for N100m plus. He later bought another house besides the plots for N300million. Knocked the house down and made the plot 4 plots of land.

He commenced the construction in January 2015 but by January 2017 or so, construction works stopped entirely on the land.

I later learnt during one of my travels to Lagos that he was transferred from Wharf and he is now in a border town in the North East.

If he could spend N400m to acquire land and spent so much on the construction, I did ask each time, how much had he illegally acquired.

Once again, he has put the site up for sale demanding for N1.5billion claiming that he wants to retire and relocate to the U.S.

Wow!!!!

Now, when I went home for my mum's burial, in order to secure full information from him, I told the agent I wanted to purchase it and I was put through to him.

We met for two hours and at least he complained for one and half hours of the time about this presidency.

He said Buhari's presidency is the worst presidency ever. He said many people are hungry and there was no money again in circulation.

He had catalogue of curses for this presidency.

I knew I wasn't buying, yet priced it for N1billion. He knew I reside in the UK and he was negotiating to be paid in dollar or pound sterling telling me he has accounts in the UK and US.

Conclusion:
I have relinquished political discussion for a while because of the pace in which this presidency was conducting it's affairs.

Buhari failed the litmus test I set for him in 2014, hence I was docile and reluctant to campaign for him today.

But one thing is clear about this presidency, he had shut out many thieving civil servants, politicians, armed forces members etc.

If a government is not doing something spectacular but at the same time it was not stealing, at least we may know where we stand and that is what I saw with Buhari presidency.

The race is between PDP and APC. That is the reality.

These two guys I mentioned made money illegally under the PDP presidency but the source of the money has dried up during APC presidency.

If we want another 4years of total turning off of public or commonwealth tap from these thieves, we should look at the side of APC presidency under Buhari.

Atiku is not a man of character!!!

I would have looked at the side of Sowore, Oby, Fasua etc but the political calculations will make the emergence of any of these guys impossible in 2019.

Therefore, we need to talk about next level, at least for the next 4years and hopefully, the youth would have learnt lessons that, "UNITED WILL STAND, DIVIDED WILL FALL"

Thank you folks and God bless you.
Good morning

By Seyi Odetola ....
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Potch: 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mystick:
Waitoo apart from APC members and their zombies which other reasonable and neutral organization, national and international support this move by Buhari?
Does it mean that the lawyers and the Supreme Court judges do not know the laws anymore?
So zombies are now the interpreters of our laws and no longer judiciary of which lawyers are the core if not the only constituents.

In as much you want to condem the action of Buhari, you pause a bit to ask yourself ' how did CJN come about this humongous money?' ' How can a sane person forget to declare a whooping million dollars ?' Then, why did the CJN suspend indefinitely the NJC meeting? By the way, Niger-Delta militants and Ijaw Youth Council are many of neutral organizations that have come out to support the action of Buhari.
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by Mcreloaded(m): 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
The lawyers are bushink the buck to the senate when some 250 criminal judges have been sworn already.
The next thing the lawyers will start calling on the masses to mobilise and demonstrate while they the lawyers sit and do nothing.
Let me see if the judiciary will shut its doors this week.
In as much as I don't want Buhari to come back with his evil nepotism and lifelessness I can't but help but to be happy as from experience I know how evil and wicked judges are when they take bribe. Serve the judge well. Like I said earlier send EFCC to investigate all judges they are on the same level with gandollars and grass cutter if not worse
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by gotnel: 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
verifielive:
@POLITICSNGR

The Coalition of Lawyers against Corruption, COLAC has hailed the Senate for reconvening to look into the controversial suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Nkanu Onnoghen.

In a statement signed by the National Coordinator of CACOL, Barr. Olusegun Bamgbose, made available to PoliticsNGR on Sunday morning, the group warned the Senate not to allow President Buhari to decimate the Judiciary. The statement read;

"We want to sincerely commend the National Assembly for planning to reconvene on Tuesday to look into the illegal, unconstitutional and obnoxious suspension of Justice Onnorghen as the Chief Justice of Nigeria. This is quite appreciated and commendable. We equally want to thank the US, EU and UK for rising up to the occasion to express their deep concern for this odious act of the Presidency to subvert and subjugate our Constitution.

"It's very clear that this government has gone ga ga in its attempt to cause confusion ahead of the Presidential elections coming up on 16th February 2019.

Buhari must respect our Constitution which he swore to uphold on the 29th of May, 2019 or honorably vacate the State House. He has no business occupying the State House if he will not respect our Constitution. We want to assure concerned Nigerians and the International community that there is no cause for alarm as there would be no election in Nigeria except the offensive decision is reversed. We shall leave no stone unturned until sanity returns.

We shall explore all lawful means to cut the President to size. We shall within the ambits of the law resist any form of executive rascality and recklessness. The law must have his way. We want to assure Nigerians that there will be no going back until the decision is reversed.

No one messes up with Judiciary and go scot free. We want to tell the parties to continue with their campaigns as there are strong moves to restore the dignity and the integrity of Judiciary before the 16th day of February this year. We will equally want to alert the National Assembly to speak with one voice come Tuesday.

We are quite aware that the Presidency is seriously engaged in lobbying members of the National Assembly in order to cause confusion as the Senate reconvene on Tuesday. However, we urge them to resist all attempts to use them to destabilize the polity."

https://politicsngr.com/dont-allow-decimate-judiciary-coalition-laywers-senate/
No one mess with judiciary and goes free.
Judiciary has been messing around and going free.
Now the mess up have cut up with the rotten system.
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by VERDA: 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:
No matter how intelligent or morally right you think you are, supporting Atiku & Saraki alone exposes you as unintelligent & morally bankrupt. Except for a few cases where I understand the support. But if you are doing it solely because of personal benefits, coalition of corrupt lawyers, SHUT UP!!

It is you who should SHUT UP....was it the coalition of corrupt lawyers that wrote the constitution or even the opposition leaders, the sad thing about people like you is that you accuse people of supporting blindly meanwhile it is ur likes who support without thinking.... The question is simple " is the action the president took constitutional??". And don't give me crap about fighting corruption, we can't claim to be fighting corruption by setting a dangerous precedence that would decimate the judiciary and give every future president, governor etc avenues to disregard the judiciary. But human beings like you think everything is about fighting ur lord and personal savior Buhari.
Today the excuse is, we are fighting corruption, the next person will find a way to justify his too.
The outcry and attack is not so much directed at Buhari as an individual but on the notion that anybody can decide to upturn the constitution for what ever reason, and would also act as a warning to future leaders.
Buhari will leave office eventually but a weakened and toothless judiciary leaves room for anarchy. But blind followership will not let you lots understand this.
May God deliver you guys.
Re: Don't Allow Buhari To Decimate Judiciary - Coalition Of Laywers Warns Senate by bizzibodi(m): 2:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
Edojoma:

But it's not a slap on d face for a tyrant n corrupt subordinates to rule u,,,,

I pity u,,,,

The person u call lifeless is now a tyrant abi....i prefer an incorruptible tyrant to a corrupt democrat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: Masari Shuts Major Roads In Katsina, Issues New Security Directives / Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Ex-rep’s House / Abacha Loot Belongs To Niger-Delta – Joseph Evah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.