Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,865 members, 7,876,295 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:13 PM

BREAKING!! Army Launches Egwu Eke III in Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!! Army Launches Egwu Eke III in Abuja (273 Views)

Army Launches ‘Exercise Golden Dawn’ In Anambra State To Curb Insecurity / Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities / Army Launches Operation Crocodile Smile In Cross River, Ayade Rocks Army Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!! Army Launches Egwu Eke III in Abuja by barrydee(m): 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
As part of efforts to ensure hitch-free poll in 2019, the Nigerian Army has launched a special military operation tagged ‘Operation Egwu Eke III’ to checkmate all forms of violence before, during and after the 2019 elections.
Speaking at the launch held at the Military Control and Command Centre, Headquarter of Operation Lafiya Dole in Maiduguri on Friday, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, said the military operation will be conducted across the country.

Buratai, who was represented by the Army’s Chief of Training and Operations, Maj. Gen. Lamidi Adeosun, said as the 2019 general elections gathers momentum, an upsurge of security challenges such as stockpiling of arms by criminal groups, formation of ethnic militias and violence induced by political activities were noticed.
“The Nigerian Army will continue to conduct internal security operations in combating criminality and other security challenges in the country, in line with its constitutional mandate of military aid to civilian authority.

“These challenges coupled with other security threats across the country such as terrorism, militancy, kidnapping and banditry portend that dissident groups and criminal elements could cash in on the situation to perpetrate large scale violence before, during and after the 2019 general elections,” he said.
The Army chief recalled that the Army decided to reintroduce the ‘Operation Egwu Eke’ which is an Igbo phrase meaning ‘Python Dance’ previously conducted in 2016 and 2017 respectively in the southeast region of the country.
He said the positive result it yielded in checkmating the security challenges being witnessed in the region necessitated the new operation.
“The successes recorded so far in all conducted Nigerian Army level exercises is in fulfilling both training and operations objectives of the Nigerian Army. I also believe exercise ‘Egwu Eke III’ with its mandate of combating the upsurge of security challenges as we approach the 2019 general elections will be a success.
“Let me use this opportunity to call on the good people of our great nation Nigeria, to provide our men and women in uniform adequate support especially timely Information to enable them deliver on the mandate of exercise ‘Egwu Eke III’.
“I want to also reaffirm the commitment of the Nigerian Army in the fight against terrorism and insurgency in our country,” Buratai said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-launches-egwu-eke-iii-to-checkmate-insecurity-before-2019-polls.html
Re: BREAKING!! Army Launches Egwu Eke III in Abuja by barrydee(m): 7:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
Just thinking, why has the Nigerian Army not lunched Python dance in Bornu, Yobe , sambisa etc?
Re: BREAKING!! Army Launches Egwu Eke III in Abuja by Fuckuignos(f): 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Some of you forgot the words of Buhari I bear no ill will against anyone on past events. Nobody should fear anything from me. We are not after anyone. People should only fear the consequences of their actions. #ILoveNigeria&StandWithMyPMB
Re: BREAKING!! Army Launches Egwu Eke III in Abuja by DVoices: 8:31pm On Jan 27, 2019
It's quite obvious that the true Federalism we seek is nowhere to be found. Nigeria my country how I wonder what you are, We should have allowed the colonial masters to continue ruling us, at least this 2019 we should have made progress in all sector especially The steel Industry, Agriculture, Job creation, social amenities would have been a thing of the past, education and power stability.

Nigeria would have become Africa's hub for technology, our youths won't be lazy and Yahoo Yahoo and ritual killing won't be the order of the day. There won't be #APC #PDP or Buhari and Atiku. The future of our unborn children will b bright, naira to dollar would be shocked shocked, refineries would have been built in all oil producing states to enhance availability, no monopoly, and sector lobbying

#Peace Out

shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Our Votes Must Count - Buhari Must Go! / BREAKING!!! Lagos Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Ambode / Our Democracy Is In Danger, Let Get Nigeria Working Again - Atiku [Full Text]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.