Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:59 PM

Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? (1515 Views)

Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior / Should I Ignore This Friend / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by Juliusdaughter: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
I met a new guy after my friend's saga. We met late last year and he's made his intentions known. I've not really given him a YES answer but my actions have proved that I'm really interested.
We have had some video calls and we've seen once. The problem I have now is that he doesn't give attention. No calls from him, I'm usually the one to message him first and I've gotten tired of that. I'm fed up of making excuses on his behalf like maybe he's fixed up or smth. Do I have to expressly say YES to his proposal bfr he starts making effort to be in touch? I'm trying hard not to contact him for a while but it's kind of hard cos I really like him.
I'd like to get more inputs from a man's point of view so I'd know how to go about it
Advice pls.
Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by Juliusdaughter: 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
Please I need reviews
Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
The signs you ignore in the beginning are going to be the reason you leave later.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by tabithababy(f): 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
Juliusdaughter:
I met a new guy after my friend's saga. We met late last year and he's made his intentions known. I've not really given him a YES answer but my actions have proved that I'm really interested.
We have had some video calls and we've seen once. The problem I have now is that he doesn't give attention. No calls from him, I'm usually the one to message him first and I've gotten tired of that. I'm fed up of making excuses on his behalf like maybe he's fixed up or smth. Do I have to expressly say YES to his proposal bfr he starts making effort to be in touch? I'm trying hard not to contact him for a while but it's kind of hard cos I really like him.
I'd like to get more inputs from a man's point of view so I'd know how to go about it
Advice pls.

Why are you forcing yourself on a guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by piippa(m): 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
If he doesn't call just know he might not be interested or he knows you're interested and wants you to make the move. If you make the move you wouldn't be valuable to him. If you are to call or chat then it should be one a while. He might have some other girl or girls his interested in at the moment and they are the ones occupying his time while I believe you are single or in a relationship you don't like, and in such situation a girl is always in an excited state if she meets someone she likes.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by Juliusdaughter: 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
tabithababy:

Why are you forcing yourself on a guy
Hmm
I'll stop that now
Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
Juliusdaughter:
Advice pls.

never use sign langauge becoz as people interpret it differently

you said he made his intentions known but said nothing but when on to use actions than telling him direct
Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by bigl: 12:01am On Jan 28, 2019
Juliusdaughter:
Advice pls.

As a guy, i want u to know that the way we are wired up to do our stuffs isn't how u ladies reason. And that is what 95% of ladies find very hard to comprehend.

Someone once told me this: "You can know a great deal about something or a person and yet, not understand him/it".

Try to understand him and not just know him, his personality, work/business, etc.

He might be facing some challenges that might keep him super duper occupied and that always happens.

And he may be madly in love with u and most times, we men are afraid of what we yorubas call "iso" = nail which can be interpreted as "being turned down". And trust me, I used to be scared of that too but not today, ok?

Just try build friendship first and allow the relationship grow from there. And if it doesn't really work out, my dear sista in the lorrr, please move on!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by CreepyBlackpool: 1:00am On Jan 28, 2019
Some guys just give up easily.
You didn't say yes to him so probably already gave up on you.

You girls sef will always say you've been giving signs. Why can't ya'll just say something and save us all the trouble
Some people just can't read signs and some interprete them wrongly.

Thats how one girl told me she'd been giving me signs for almost a year and I was like, why tf didn't you say something since undecided

6 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by fastseo: 2:27am On Jan 28, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Some guys just give up easily.
You didn't say yes to him so probably already gave up on you.

You girls sef will always say you've been giving signs. Why can't ya'll just say something and save us all the trouble
Some people just can't read signs and some interprete them wrongly.

Thats how one girl told me she'd been giving me signs for almost a year and I was like, why tf didn't you say something since undecided

grin. They are can't speak.... ndi ogbo tongue
Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by yvelchstores(f): 2:54am On Jan 28, 2019
That u haven't said yes should be more reason for him to be the one contacting u if he isn't, he isn't interested.
He may contact u when he gets bored but u are better than that.
Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by SOFTDRINK: 7:35am On Jan 28, 2019
You have not said yes to him,yet you want him to be calling and texting you.

You think you're the only girl in Nigeria?

Open your mouth and say yes to his proposal, we're in the 21st century no guy has time for green light and red light.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by blaise26abj(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2019
He has asked you out and you haven't said YES , yet you want the attention reserved for a girlfriend. I like that guy. Sister, tell him yes and see if he changes. If he doesn't, point it out to him and see if he does.

Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by ecstasy357(m): 9:39am On Jan 28, 2019
He's no different from me. I don't know why I do this kinda things....I know I love her so much; I'd love to b around her all the time but I'm busy, like very busy.

You know he likes u, and it seems that u guys are a bit far from each other. It could be that he's not the calling type like me or he's so busy with work and church activities like me, and maybe the best times in his day is when he sees ya call coming in. He's probably so happy that he has finally found someone that thinks about him as much as he thinks about her.

Forget about d "yes or no" to his question. Explain to him how u feel about him not calling as much as u would like. Tell him a text isn't bad either if he can't call.

I hope u make d right decision
Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by Daeylar(f): 10:50am On Jan 28, 2019
Juliusdaughter:
Advice pls.

He is trying push and pull tactics on you and you are falling badly for it grin Ignore the man
You got used to his attention, he knows that, so he withdrew it so that you can chase after him and you're falling for it. Don't.
Someone doesn't give you attention while he is asking you out and you're thinking of saying yes so that he will give you attention. How will that work?
This is the stage where he is meant to be running after you and he isn't, and instead of you to delete his number and move on you want to reward him by accepting his proposal.
How do you think he'll treat you when accept his proposal if this how you plan to begin this relationship?
Ignore him, delete the number. If you happen to just run into the guy, just say a very quick hi and walk away or just ignore and walk.
Don't be available for this guy, not at all, never again.

You want input from a man's point of view? How many will tell you the truth? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by Rosarie(f): 11:50am On Jan 28, 2019
Who loves u will always reach out to u pls walk away
Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by ashawopikin(m): 12:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
Don't listen to all these nairaland girls, life is too short for hide and seek game, a lady who tells a guy how she feels is not being cheap, it's being real and knowing what u want, If u like him, go for him, if u don't, another will

3 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by Chubhie: 5:53pm On Jan 28, 2019
The answer is blowing in the wind.
Re: Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? by Chubhie: 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
Rosarie:
Who loves u will always reach out to u pls walk away

Humans and games they play.

(1) (Reply)

How Can She Bring Her Husband Back Home? / Malaria Has Nothing To Do With Genotype! / Is It Ok To Ask For Your Wedding Ring Back After Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.