Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,144 members, 7,949,954 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos (45262 Views)

Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. / Building Plan Approval Process And Cost In Lagos State. / Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by bayleaf(m): 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2010
nice one. really educative.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by JUNE12(m): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2010
Who knows the cost of temporary structure(caravan, portacabin) permit for areas like Ikeja, Ikoyi, VI, Apapa
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by realborn(m): 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2010
This is an applaudable analysis by the Poster.
Nevertheless, to contribute my own quota being a professional in the construction industry, the analysis provided will suffice for a residential apartment on the mainland but not on the island. Approval fees differ with zone so do design fees. As mentioned by a poster in previous posts, Architectural drawings cost more than structural drawings because the Architect creates, simulates, and coordinates design. The Structural Engineer based on the design concept, generates structural parameters. For planning approval purposes, M&E services drawings are not required. But for building efficiency after construction, I will duly recommend the Services drawings are prepared and coordinated with other trade disciplines and not left to the whims and caprices of artisans during construction.

1 Like

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Aventures(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
very informative post from lawyer. I really appreciate that lawyer mention that he is not too certain abt the professional charges that you can haggle it out. the type of bldg used for the case study is not mentioned, if the bldg is bungalow then structural drwg is not needed except in a swampy area that may involve raft fdn and some  other structural element. Also it should be noted that from a storey building and above approval requires complete five set of structural detailing and calculation sheets duly signed by a COREN registered engineer. and the truth is that for a storey building duplex and others 35k is no where a good compensation for all the effort involve in the structural wrk, printing of six set of 10 pages of A3 detailing cost close to abt 15k will 20 k suffice for engr that will design and detailed or commissioned CAD technician to detail not to talk of the engineer that will stamp and put his practicing license on line, Aba, 35k is just not worth it. It is also worth noting that all this charges are not professional charges, there is a government regulated standard scale of fees for all sort of professional in building industry, so all this charges are based on individual prerogative and bargaining power.
Well i also noted that somebody said it is only architect that designs well sorry sir it seems you dont know the definition of design. the word designing is not specific to architect only Mech, elect, civil structural, water, environmental engrs all of them designs in their various field. Moreover structural engr is responsible for the safety of the structure and hw does he do that, he goes thru a rigours calculation to determined the type, size, spacing and arrangement of reinforcement, he gives specification on concrete strength, reinforcement strength, column positioning, fdn depth and so many others all these are the "design" he goes an extra Lenght to put all his result into drawings which is very tasking even more than archi drawing, despite all these architect get a little bit higher paid than structural engineer just because he is the initiator who puts the clients idea into a reality.

3 Likes

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by jpworld(m): 12:01am On Aug 20, 2010
When is raining season, lawyer will not sell land to us, but come dry season there will be one special land discovery in Ajah lakowe,

Btw how did those 10plot land in Lakowe went? any buyer's testimonial, cause that trend i can't trace it again,

1 Like

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by rasputinn(m): 8:02am On Aug 20, 2010
thirdeye:

@Lawyer a great post you have here, I am also compiling one based on my experience in Yaba.
But I will advise if a structural engr is ready to collect 35k from you and not based on personal friendship, sorry don't bother to employ him. That one is structural nothing, you are only going to get some past jobs duplicated for you with some adjustments. Structural drawings are more important to M&E, so you can see that under normal circumstances they shouldn't be higher. The ideal for structural drawings starts fromm 100k up.

grin grin grin grin

Third eye,you really racked me up.I really wondered which structural engineer will do a thorough structural design;drawings,diagrams and calculation sheets as well as stamp for that amount.

Well then again,people may charge based on some considerations,I've doneone for free(for myself grin grin grin),the least total package we charge in my firm for architectural,structural,M & E as well as BOQ is higher than what I'm seeing on this thread,of couse our high quality and finesse makes it worth your while
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by rasputinn(m): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2010
jpworld:

Btw how did those 10plot land in Lakowe went? any buyer's testimonial, cause that trend i can't trace it again,

Ahhhh,my eyes,my eyes,somebody help pleeaaaaaase
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by marcus1234: 8:29am On Aug 20, 2010
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by ezevee: 9:53am On Aug 20, 2010
Please I would like to know if people have to pay to get their deed of assignment stamped.
and how much would one need to pay for 2plot worth 4m in etiosa LGA lagos state
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by amuhc: 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2010
Thanks so much for the valuable guide.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by amuhc: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
Thanks so much for the valuable guide.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by larimo(m): 9:50am On Aug 21, 2010
@lawyer, what's the Multiplying Factor for Ajah? Someone told me that I cannot get a building approval if my property isnt within an area where there is a layout. Is that true?

Thanx
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Select(m): 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2010
JUNE12:

Who knows the cost of temporary structure(caravan, portacabin) permit for areas like Ikeja, Ikoyi, VI, Apapa
Hi,
The State Govt will not grant u a permit for a temporary structure,especially if it is to be placed on the road setback.However,if within a compound that can be considered. I work in one of the Town Planning offices and u can reach me on 08023427793. Cheers!
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Select(m): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2010
larimo:

@lawyer, what's the Multiplying Factor for Ajah? Someone told me that I cannot get a building approval if my property isnt within an area where there is a layout. Is that true?

Thanx
Hi,
The rate for Ajah,which is under Eti-Osa District Office is 64(for residential units) and 120(for commercial units).However,if ur residential proposal is more than 4units,then the multiplying factor will be 120.
Yes,if there is no layout in area,u will not be given a Building Approval but if the area has a Development Guide,u can be granted.
U can get across on 08023427793. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Select(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2010
zoogy2007:

Lawyer. Please I have a question. Must your tax clearance be from Lagos state government? I live in Port Harcourt and I pay my tax to Rivers state but I have virgin plots in Lagos.

Hi,
Just produce all evidence of ur tax been paid to the Rivers State govt.,ur company I.D. card and copies of ur payslips for the last one year.
U can reach me on 08023427793 for further assistance. Cheers!
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Select(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2010
ezevee:

Please I would like to know if people have to pay to get their deed of assignment stamped.
and how much would one need to pay for 2plot worth 4m in etiosa LGA lagos state
Hi,
u can talk to the Lawyer,he will give u necessary advise.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by PRD(m): 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2010
Just to clear some doubts on the Lakowe 10plots.
My friend and I bought a plot each (2plots altogether), and I was really impressed on the personal effort of lawyer in ensuring that all the legal documents are intact and brought to me at my office. I have asked my own lawyer to look through everything and so far we are good.
We have erected fences with gates and we are in the process of perfecting the title document of the land.
Our fencing phase was relatively without chaos as all necessary contacts were notified (though not in advance - our fault anyway).
Hopefully, as we take further step into actualizing the essence of purchasing the property, we would be fine.

I hope this clears the air on the Lakowe property.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by boladez(m): 9:21pm On Aug 22, 2010
God bless you for the useful information, how long will this building approval permit take in lagos state? 1 month , months etc?
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Carlosein(m): 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2010
De Law, from limbo with love grin grin

good work here. any answers for the ogun state question?
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 23, 2010
[b]Its simpler down here in Ogun State as I verified from one of town planning oga down in Mowe.
And based on experience as I have gotten more than 5 approvals for the construction company whose real estate dept i run.

For Ogun State: Mowe-Ibafo

* Application Form #5,000
* Physical Development Levy #5,000
* Layout Fee #5,000
* 5 Sets of Architectural Drawings #50,000
* 5 Sets of Structural Drawings By a Coren Certified Engineer (If the building wont be a bungalow) #50,000
* Electrical building Services Drawings (If building will be industrial) #30,000
* Clearance Letter in lieu of Title Documents #10,000
* Sunprint Copy Of Survey Plan #5,000
* Bill of Quantities #20,000 (I am professional QS and I will get this done and stamped for that price as long as the property isnt an estate)
* Sworn Affidavit in Lieu of Tenement Rate #2,000
* EIA report 2Copies (Only mandatory if land is to be commercial or industrial) (Cost no included as majority are interested in residential)
* Payment of processing fee for building plan approval (Confirmed within Mowe Axis #20,000)
* Photograph of property 5 (Front and Rear)
* 5 Copy of Registered Survey (#25,000)

#217,000 plus something for the consultant who does the hardwork,

I hope to get calls if you need an approval ONLY in Ogun State: 07055770959 (Yemi)[/b]

1 Like

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2010
I posted this in the AM, but someone deleted it. I hope it would help,

[b]Its simpler down here in Ogun State as I verified from one of town planning oga down in Mowe.
And based on experience as I have gotten more than 5 approvals for the construction company whose real estate dept i run.

For Ogun State: Mowe-Ibafo

* Application Form #5,000
* Physical Development Levy #5,000
* Layout Fee #5,000
* 5 Sets of Architectural Drawings #50,000
* 5 Sets of Structural Drawings By a Coren Certified Engineer (If the building wont be a bungalow) #50,000
* Electrical building Services Drawings (If building will be industrial) #30,000
* Clearance Letter in lieu of Title Documents #10,000
* Sunprint Copy Of Survey Plan #5,000
* Bill of Quantities #20,000 (I am professional QS and I will get this done and stamped for that price as long as the property isnt an estate)
* Sworn Affidavit in Lieu of Tenement Rate #2,000
* EIA report 2Copies (Only mandatory if land is to be commercial or industrial) (Cost no included as majority are interested in residential)
* Payment of processing fee for building plan approval (Confirmed within Mowe Axis #20,000)
* Photograph of property 5 (Front and Rear)
* 5 Copy of Registered Survey (#25,000)

#217,000 plus something for the consultant who does the hardwork,

I hope to get calls if you need an approval ONLY in Ogun State: 07055770959 (Yemi)[/b]

1 Like

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Wylout: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
This is so important an information to ignore
Thank you
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by swanbest: 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2010
It must be easier and cheaper to get a building approval in any other part of the country or indeed the world than Lagos State. I started processing an approval for two buildings (8 flats) 15 months ago in Agege. The application spent about a year in tax clearance verification department and then came back with a request for me to pay N450,000 for 2009. We are not even talking of 2010 yet. Problem though is that I don't live in Nigeria.

So far have spent over N300,000 and am not closer to getting an approval now than when I started. Still wondering what to send them as my Tax Returns may not be enough. Bigger questions is how long it will take them to do the verification if and when I do send my Tax Returns.

It'll be nice if one can walk into their office and get a list of what they need etc and also be able to do the follow-ups but then how will touts feed their families?

The lady (staff) processing the application for me even advised me to go ahead with my construction and just keep something aside for the boys from the council when they show up. Maybe if am a politician with stolen money, I can do that but not with my hard earned £s including loans that must be paid back.
(God save Nigeria)
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2010
Thats the range for Agege Axis Sir. Though, I strongly believe something isnt right over the delay.
Approval doesnt take more than 2 to 3 months. And in most cases, ratification is done while approval is pending.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Damysa(f): 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2010
thank u lawyer
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Select(m): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2010
boladez:

God bless you for the useful information, how long will this building approval permit take in lagos state? 1 month , months etc?
Hello,
It should take between 1- 2 months to get ur Building Approval. Location of ur site and the availability of ur documents are also major determinants.
U can get across on 08023427793 , 08063044710.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by benalways(m): 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2010
@yemi313 ,
Can u assist me to secure a good land free of omonile wahala in agbarra? Drop a line on benapeh@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2010
Thanks for the interest Mr. Ben.
Theres one I will work on and get back promptly to you sir.
Thanks. Yemi.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by bukatalag: 12:36am On Sep 01, 2010
gud job lawyer, pls do u knw how much it will cost to obtain governor consent or C of O?
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Select(m): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2010
bukata lag:

gud job lawyer, pls do u knw how much it will cost to obtain governor consent or C of O?
Hi,
There no fixed prices for obtaining Governor's Consent or C of O in Lagos State.
However, the location and the size of your land are major determinants in knowing how much u will pay to the Government. U can get across for further details. 08023427793, 08063044710. Cheers!
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by phemmy88(m): 10:56am On Sep 02, 2010
@Yemi, how come you will prepare a BOQ for 20k. . . .is it only the substructure we're talking here?
're u sure u're QS
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 03, 2010
Phemmy you made me yawn maybe you should read this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=493546.msg6565287#msg6565287

I know about QS than all your college professors combined besides working as one for more than a decade, I also studied in PMISA (Project Management Institute of South Africa) and I focused solely of A&CPM (Architectural and Construction Project Management alone), which explains the sole and history of QS and entire process of home construction from the sub-primary to property life-cycle cost analysis and periodic value analysis, including construction materials value and life span analysis, suppliers chain spike; and I have been practicing and garnering knowledge since 1998.

You can charge your clients whatever you like, just stop behaving like a nairalander in-front of professionals you can learn from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City: Tower B Of The Eko Pearl Towers Completed And Unveiled / Abuja Shopping Mall Collapses! Five Rescued, Two Trapped / Checkout This House In Benin With It's Hilarious Gate (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.