Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,335 members, 7,943,828 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

$1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu (12827 Views)

FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / Okechukwu Enelamah: FG To Create 20 Million Jobs In Buhari’s Second Tenure / FG Okays $1.3bn For 5 Critical Projects – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by nextnear(m): 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
adebayoabiola:
Ondo State governor, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu has said that the proposed $ 1.3 billion Multipurpose Deep Sea Port in the state would create job opportunities for 20,000 people in the Ilaje coastal areas of the state.

Akeredolu He said the feasibility study has been completed and forwarded to the Nigeria Port Authority ,NPA.

He said these in Akure during the presentation of the report of the consultants to the state Executive Council and stakeholders of the coastal communities.

He said: “The port will offer between 7000 to 10,000 job opportunities while the Free Trade Zone FTD will offer between 9,500 to 10,000 employment opportunities.

“We are doing things for the generation to come. I have always believed that there should be a beginning. We have started, there is no going back. “I was privileged to travel with President Buhari to the Netherlands. We went on a boat and visited the ports. I told him, if anything like this must happen in Nigeria, it must be in Ondo State. Not only that, the President has said it most of the times that he knows that Ondo is the right place for a deep-sea port.

“We should not play politics with everything. It is not our making but providence has put us where we are today. Where we are today, is the best place to have a deep-sea port.

“Ours, as a state, is to prepare the ground and show the feasibility and bankability. Can Ondo State do it? No, Ondo State cannot build or own a port. But there are many people who are willing to invest.

“The Chinese, Dutch, and others are interested because this will be a West African port not just for the country. It is not that we are looking for money to build a port but we are looking for investors and they will invest here.’’

According to the feasibility study, the 75-kilometre shoreline is a challenge for the development of a deep-sea port and is characterised by wetland and mud sedimentation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/1-3bn-deep-sea-port-in-ondoll-create-20000-jobs-akeredolu
great idea, its a welcomed development

1 Like

Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by Originality007: 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
ClearFlair:
Next Level. PDP will rather steal the money and be giving jobless people 500 Naira. That’s why PMB is the man for the job.

mimiko also said this, so relax
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by MrAJQ(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
APC mean business

1 Like

Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
ClearFlair:
Next Level. PDP will rather steal the money and be giving jobless people 500 Naira. That’s why PMB is the man for the job.
how come about pdp in this news, or didn't you read that it is a state project not federal
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by armadeo(m): 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
Full mknistrh doesn't have 20000 jobs na sea port. Just say you want to empower wharf rats.

Even those who will do business there can't reach that number.

1 Like

Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by Realestatepro(m): 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
Very commendable
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by marvinsync(m): 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
Okoyiboz3:
Please, for those crying for deep sea ports in their barren, muddy landlocked lands, go and ask your Governors to give you.

Hope you can see Aketi's plan for Ondo and the Lekki Deep Seaport in Lagos? Both are State projects.

The only thing your Governors can do is fight over naming of street from Abakaliki Street to Club street.

grin grin

they must have given birth to u yesterday ...

na today they begin tell us they are "planning to" ?

guy build the port first then come here and talk

2 Likes

Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by marvinsync(m): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
Okoyiboz3:

Ask your daddy who was born last week how far. He was there selling ice water to them when they were building bridges in Lagos.

Keep saying na lie while you have no plans for your coming generations.

If you are not careful, that port would be completed and your children would be hawking gala there.

lol

u really think there hasn't been plans in the east and ss? grin

again build the $1.3bn port then come and talk

u dont know this is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by slimfit1(m): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
We are waiting for the job lies all the time this Apc
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by cooltola(m): 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
How will a new seaport operate when electricity is erratic? Please do not tell me generator is the answer
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by Keegan: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2019
Okoyiboz3:
Please, for those crying for deep sea ports in their barren, muddy landlocked lands, go and ask your Governors to give you.

Hope you can see Aketi's plan for Ondo and the Lekki Deep Seaport in Lagos? Both are State projects.

The only thing your Governors can do is fight over naming of street from Abakaliki Street to Club street.

You be real okoyibo.
You are greater than ojukwu and azikwe.

2 Likes

Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by NUJABEZ: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
chinavs9ja:
The first time I will see my Governor featuring on Fp

I am a writer, check my signature if you need a writer. 80kobo per word

800 naira for one thousand words. Are you a slave?

1 Like

Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by COMPAQ(m): 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
How many deep sea ports do we need for goodness sake? Akwa ibom wants to do its own, ditto rivers state and bayelsa, yet the existing warri, port Harcourt and calabar ports are grosly underutilised.
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by ClearFlair: 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
Oma307:

how come about pdp in this news, or didn't you read that it is a state project not federal
Doesn’t matter. I only stated a known fact.
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by Redman44(m): 7:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ondo State has a lot of potentials. The little I saw of the State during my Service Year ( NYSC ) is enough to convince me that under a series of good Governors and innovative commissioners, Ondo State can become the State to beat in Nigeria.
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by chinavs9ja(m): 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2019
NUJABEZ:

800 naira for one thousand words. Are you a slave?
What concerns you bro? That is my choice
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by NUJABEZ: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
chinavs9ja:

What concerns you bro? That is my choice

I am concerned you're not being rewarded enough for your work. Writing is not an easy job, and I would love to see every writer compensated fairly.

Don't be afraid to charge 3 naira per word, at least for now. I charge 10 naira per word, and I get many clients. On Upwork I am paid N15, 600 for one thousand words and I think that's a living wage.
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by abbatoir(m): 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2019
Good
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
I underestimated this man until he got to power.
Now he's proving me wrong and I'm feeling bad I didn't vote for him. All he has done so far is great things.
Roads, better health facilities... Keep it up man, you have my second term vote already.
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by saxietohgbaskie(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ayemafugeeee.
AhlexOfficial:
Proudly ILAJE!!!
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by Originalsly: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
Hmmm.....the feasibility study is now being done/about to being done.....but he knows it will cost $1.3B and provide 20 000 jobs! ...low level minimum wage jobs? Deep sea port in a mud region..... who would get the contract for 24/7 desilting of the port? Who will control...not manage...controll the port?... the State?...or the foreign investors?
Free Trade Zone.... it's like a consulate... the host country laws do not apply. FTZs are slave camps.... but here is this one proudly ringinging slavery to his people.

All that glitters is not gold

1 Like

Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by olabukunola: 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
Originality007:
grin grin Mimiko also said this

na so dem dey all talk am...still yet we no see any job
Re: $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu by chinavs9ja(m): 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
NUJABEZ:

I am concerned you're not being rewarded enough for your work. Writing is not an easy job, and I would love to see every writer compensated fairly.

Don't be afraid to charge 3 naira per word, at least for now. I charge 10 naira per word, and I get many clients. On Upwork I am paid N15, 600 for one thousand words and I think that's a living wage.
Check my signature, if I can partner with you bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zainab Ahmed: ₦5.548 Trillion Available To Fund 2020 Budget / Police Denies Sealing APC National Secretariat / John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.