Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,816 members, 7,898,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:22 PM

AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC (22817 Views)

We Are Neither Terrorists Nor Bandits: NNPP to report Justice Anya to NJC / MURIC Reacts To NJC’s Decision On CJN, Onnoghen / FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by Theboss100(m): 4:16am On Jan 29, 2019
Clerverly:
[s][/s]

See them, even on empty stomachs, they won't fail to defend corrupt people who have stolen their common Patrimony...

Tufiakwa!!! for ipob Yoots!
Shut Up! Have U Not Been Defending Apc Thieves? Thunder Fire Ur Left Ball Bloody Hypocrite Zombie. Ure Lucky I Am Not In Charge Of Thunder

1 Like

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by olajide8(m): 4:18am On Jan 29, 2019
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by deomelo: 4:24am On Jan 29, 2019
The CJ himself, he confessed and admitted that he violated our laws, a basic admission of guilt.

My question is, do you think he should resign and step down. Yes Or No?

Why is it so hard to get an answer?

It's hard to get an answer because the CJ defenders are really not interested in crimes committed against them or the perpetrators of the crimes committed against them.

If you can not demand the resignation of the CJ, a self-confessed violator of your constitution, you have zero moral authority to turn around and blame other people for demanding his resignation or how they go about it.

You lost that moral ground and you can not hide under the constitution because by not asking the CJ, a self-confessed violator of your laws, then why bother questioning other people's authority about the constitution.

You can not have it both ways. It shows that your constitution argument is bogus, disingenuous and self-serving, you care less about the constitution, you are playing games and pure politics. PERIOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by shotuns: 4:39am On Jan 29, 2019
Some arguing about timing, Is there a time for justice and another for injustice?
I have often mention that If correction lies in the hand that committed wrong, to whom do we complain ?

dyydxx:

I have to agree with you.

But the timing is suspect. Why now?
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by Mathiasa(m): 4:56am On Jan 29, 2019
DrGoodman:
What's the hurry with prosecuting Onnoghen?

The police has been standing on all roads in the country, brazenly setting up illegal check points, collecting bribes and extorting money from all motorists and road users and nobody said anything. The police is under the control of the executive and they allowed the fleecing of millions of innocent Nigerians of billions of Naira daily?

And it's Onnoghen they want to tackle because the election is near?

Wake up you sleeping Nigerians! grin
Ao make them allow the man abi? Pls why are we like this.
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by naijaking1: 5:02am On Jan 29, 2019
So the SGF suddenly remembers to file charges against the CJN, after the fact?

Whether you are APC or PDP, you can see something wrong with this picture.

Second, they say the CJN refused to call meeting of the NJC when 5 members could have done so.

These are not good precedent to be repeated in the future.

1 Like

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by Dshocker(m): 5:34am On Jan 29, 2019
Clerverly:

May Thunder Fire Any Soul Who Defends this criminal Chief Justice.

Why aren't they prosecuting Ganduje that had a glaring evidence against him collecting bribe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by magoo10(m): 5:47am On Jan 29, 2019
[quote author=Xpol post=75212682][/quote]they would have done that same way they did this before the meeting.
But they didn't send any petition there in the first place because they already had a pre plan of going thru the CCT to remove hiim.

1 Like

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by banio: 5:51am On Jan 29, 2019
deomelo:

Good to know you are not defending him.

Now, according to the CJ himself, he confessed and admitted that he violated our laws, a basic admission of guilt.

My question is, do you think he should resign and step down. Yes Or No?

Some people say when such violation occurs. The law that established the CCB says a form will be reissued for the individual to make the necessary corrections.

But sincerely speaking that CCB form could indict anybody because one is to fill chairs and other minor items etc in the form. So if every mistake means resignation, then virtually all civil servants and politicians will resign.

However, his mistake is intentional, one can't forget to declare over $1 million. He should willingly resign. But the Constitution should be upheld with all sanctify.

2 Likes

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by deomelo: 6:01am On Jan 29, 2019
banio:

Some people say when such violation occurs. The law that established the CCB says a form will be reissued for the individual to make the necessary corrections.

But sincerely speaking that CCB form could indict anybody because one is to fill chairs and other minor items etc in the form. So if every mistake means resignation, then virtually all civil servants and politicians will resign.

However, his mistake is intentional, one can't forget to declare over $1 million. He should willingly resign. But the Constitution should be upheld with all sanctify.

I asked a Yes Or No question.

The man confessed that he violated your constitution.

Do you think he should resign and step aside?

Answer Yes Or No.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by vengertime: 6:25am On Jan 29, 2019
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by Naajjii: 6:32am On Jan 29, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Why taking it to NJC, why not straight to Federal High court? Malami is also one of the problems we have in this dispensation
You this fraudulent Biafran people you have come again, now he is being taken to the NJC which is what all of you have been crying about, now you have come again with -Malami should take him to high court , why taking him to NJC. What is that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by JubrinElSudan: 6:42am On Jan 29, 2019
Naajjii:

You this fraudulent Biafran people you have come again, now he is being taken to the NJC which is what all of you have been crying about, now you have come again with Malali should take him to high court , why taking him to NJC. What is that?
I can't teach you sacarsm
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by djseanjohn77: 6:46am On Jan 29, 2019
TheFreeOne:

If Buhari go school he won't be committing blunders upon blunders.

I'll advice you not to be too emotional. Just watch as it pans out.

Dictatorship can never win our democracy.

Which democracy are you talking about, i thought you should be supporting secession? grin didn't know you still have interest in Nigeria democracy smiley grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by Bobbysteps: 7:03am On Jan 29, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
This billionaire C(t)hief justice who belongs to the looting club must surely fall. He's the epitome of corruption. He is responsible for Benue peoples plight. Suswam park our money and bribed him and his partners in crime when he was adjudicating in Suswam vs Ugba case. Benue must reclaim their money from him.
My broda you are correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by rusher14: 7:49am On Jan 29, 2019
banio:

Nobody is defending him. The constitution should be the guiding principle. After all president and governors have immunity. The CJN can't be suspended or removed without 2/3 majority of the senate. It is better to be ruled by laws than for a Pastor or Imam to rule without laws.

You are defending him.

The minute you overlook that The same CJN postponed the very NJC which could assess him indefinitely, one can conclude you are aiding and abetting.

1 Like

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by amaham(m): 7:54am On Jan 29, 2019
Malami and Apc hypocrisy is all encompasing. Why didnot they file the suit to Njc prior to comitting this constitutional blunder

1 Like

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by Nfora: 8:09am On Jan 29, 2019
The Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) did not file these criminal allegations against the CJN at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) because it is a separate issue from non-declaration of assets,” a senior official of the ministry told TheCable.

Very good point!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by Nfora: 8:15am On Jan 29, 2019
The Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) did not file these criminal allegations against the CJN at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) because it is a separate issue from non-declaration of assets,” a senior official of the ministry told TheCable."

Good point!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by neyobills: 8:47am On Jan 29, 2019
deomelo:

1. It is not an allegation because the crooked and corrupt judge himself confessed and claimed ignorance and forgetfulness. Confession and allegation have different meanings.

2. Ganduje is a serving governor that the same constitution that you people talk about so much but know nothing about blessed him with immunity.

3. If found guilty, Ganduje should rot in jail, but read up about the Nigerian constitution and immunity before spewing ignorant jargon.

Do you think the suspended CJ should resign? Yes Or No?

1 Its a civil case and not a criminal case however the penalty for ommision is to admit and get a new form and update so why should he resign.

Ganduje has immunity so does the CJN,the high court in Kano stopped the investigation by the Kano HOA same way the appeal court has on the CCT.

The executive does not have a right to suspend the CJN its alien to the constitution.

He also can't appoint an acting CJN without recommendations from the NJC and the Senate

2 Likes

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by banio: 9:28am On Jan 29, 2019
rusher14:

You are defending him.

The minute you overlook that The same CJN postponed the very NJC which could assess him indefinitely, one can conclude you are aiding and abetting.

So Nigerian Bar Association, United States Ambassador and other human right groups are defending him. People are talking about the Constitution and not him. However let me shock U that CCB form can easily indict anybody. Have You seen the form and the details to fill there in. Even Buhari didn't fill that form well.

1 Like

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by rusher14: 9:39am On Jan 29, 2019
banio:

So Nigerian Bar Association, United States Ambassador and other human right groups are defending him. People are talking about the Constitution and not him. However let me shock U that CCB form can easily indict anybody. Have You seen the form and the details to fill there in. Even Buhari didn't fill that form well.

So the CCT has no use?

When I say you are defending the thief you would become defensive.

The CCT has been empowered by none other than Onnoghen himself, and the same CCT has given an order being that he was being elusive.

It's over for him.
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by banio: 9:48am On Jan 29, 2019
rusher14:

So the CCT has no use?

When I say you are defending the thief you would become defensive.

The CCT has been empowered by none other than Onnoghen himself, and the same CCT has given an order being that he was being elusive.

It's over for him.

Let the rule of law and due process be followed. After all governors and president have immunity. If CJN can only be removed by 2/3 majority, let it be followed. $1 million is an unimaginable amount, so I will never support him. Do U know I risk my life for this country, as per the work I do. So I can never support him enriching himself illegally.

Don't be surprise that supreme court will give a ruling and Buhari won't obey it. Then what do U expect then . . .

1 Like

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by rusher14: 9:51am On Jan 29, 2019
banio:

Let the rule of law and due process be followed. After all governors and president have immunity. If CJN can only be removed by 2/3 majority, let it be followed. $1 million is an unimaginable amount, so I will never support him. Do U know I risk my life for this country, as per the work I do. So I can never support him enriching himself illegally.

Don't be surprise that supreme court will give a ruling and Buhari won't obey it. Then what do U expect then . . .

The rule of Law was evidently broken by Onnoghen when he suspended the NJC meet indefinitely.

I keep saying you are supporting the criminal and it shows with your various response.

1 Like

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by banio: 9:56am On Jan 29, 2019
rusher14:

The rule of Law was evidently broken by Onnoghen when he suspended the NJC meet indefinitely.

I keep saying you are supporting the criminal and it shows with your various response.

There are checks and balances in everything in life. Does Onoghen have the Constitutional right to suspend the NJC from meeting. If no, then he has violated a law. But removing him from office via a presidential decree is suspension of the Constitutional 2/3 majority. We are delving towards executive lawlessness.
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by TheFreeOne: 10:22am On Jan 29, 2019
djseanjohn77:

Which democracy are you talking about, i thought you should be supporting secession? grin didn't know you still have interest in Nigeria democracy smiley grin

Zombies are genetically stupid sha cheesy

So because I refused to support Buhari's rape of our laws/democracy that makes me IPOB member?

For your info I am a full blood Yoruba man.
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by TheFreeOne: 10:29am On Jan 29, 2019
djseanjohn77:

So because I refused to support Buhari's rape of our laws/democracy that makes me IPOB member?

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by somehow: 10:49am On Jan 29, 2019
Are you saying Onnoghen belongs to the opposition?
jumobi1:
I’m all for fighting corruption but not political corruption fighting. But if he is guilty then he is guilty. Nigeria willl fix itself one day.
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by Laid2001: 10:52am On Jan 29, 2019
NJC can only make recommendation to the President. And the president has the power to accept or reject its recommendations. And if the president accepts NJC's recommendations for removal or appointment of a judge, he then send it to the senate for ratification by 2/3 majority.

NJC of itself has no inherent power and can not do anything without passing through the President.!

[b]NJC is not a court of law [/b]and it is not equal to the supreme court. NJC is the executive/administrative arm of the judiciary. [b]It has no power to interpret the constitution [/b]and can only deal with the specific issues specified in the constitution for it.

If NJC wants to interpret the law, it must approach the court for that.

banio:

Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by highchiefpee(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2019
Under the so called Mr integrity wetin we gain.?
Clerverly:
[s][/s]

See them, even on empty stomachs, they won't fail to defend corrupt people who have stolen their common Patrimony...

Tufiakwa!!! for ipob Yoots!
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by djseanjohn77: 12:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
TheFreeOne:

We know how you think, because you live in Lagos has made you full blown yoruba abi? All over social media, we know how you now claim you are yoruba just to feel among grin grin grin Don't be a coward that your Kanu Mazi his, own up don't be a bastard
Re: AGF Sends Criminal Allegations Against Onnoghen To NJC by BigIyanga: 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
neyobills:

1 Its a civil case and not a criminal case however the penalty for ommision is to admit and get a new form and update so why should he resign.

Ganduje has immunity so does the CJN,the high court in Kano stopped the investigation by the Kano HOA same way the appeal court has on the CCT.

The executive does not have a right to suspend the CJN its alien to the constitution.

He also can't appoint an acting CJN without recommendations from the NJC and the Senate
I’m baffled at the sophisticated arrogance of most Nigerians. Jucldiciary is a co-equal branch of the govt. The president doesnt the right to suspend or appoint without the senate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Racist Polish Border Guards Say No To 'Indians, Africans And Middle Easterners' / 2027: Tinubu’s Policies Unsettle Northern APC / Jonathan's Former Aide Reno Omokri Set To Release A New Book -Pictured

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.