Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,611 members, 7,885,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) (1296 Views)

Surgery Gone Wrong: Dr Anu Gave Me An Infection - Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo) / Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help. / Stretch Marks Removal Procedure Goes Wrong, Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 29, 2019
Hello, so I've been noticing some inflammation on my skin after scratching it. These inflammation mostly appears all over my body .

These inflammation disappears after sometime only to resurface after scratching them.
Last year, I had the worst experience. I'd go to bed and wake up with a swollen lip.

I've used different medications prescribed by pharmacist ranging from prednisolone, savon bath, vitamin c supplement, deworming drugs et al.

So please I'll need your professional opinion/advice on what to do as am about to go on self medication. Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 29, 2019
Hives.
It's an allergic reaction.
You're allergic to something
Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by nifemi25(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2019
It's reaction. Watch what you eat or drink ?
Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2019
Shibaraba:
Hives.
It's an allergic reaction.
You're allergic to something

Thank you... This has been very confusing to me. I really don't know what am allergic to.
Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 29, 2019
nifemi25:
It's reaction. Watch what you eat or drink ?

Thanks , I've not really changed my diet since. Anyways thanks for the advice.
Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 29, 2019
cuteguy14911:

Thank you... This has been very confusing to me. I really don't know what am allergic to.
Na that one me no Sabi oooo

1 Like

Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by udomoh(m): 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
It is an allergy. Watch what you eat, drink, wear, inhale or touch. You are reacting to something.
Check my health blog below
Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by trustworthy1(f): 10:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
I'm suspecting filariasis. I once had d experience. Then my body will be itching me and after scratching it, the areas I scratched will swell up only for the swelling to disappear again. It's continuous process then for me itching, scratching,swell and swelling disappear.
Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by Nobody: 1:39am On Feb 10, 2019
trustworthy1:
I'm suspecting filariasis. I once had d experience. Then my body will be itching me and after scratching it, the areas I scratched will swell up only for the swelling to disappear again. It's continuous process then for me itching, scratching,swell and swelling disappear.

Wow shocked Please what did you use to cure it? Thanks
Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by trustworthy1(f): 6:44am On Feb 10, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
cuteguy14911:

[ post=75581019]

Wow shocked Please what did you use to cure it? Thanks
filariasis
n.
a disease, common in the tropics and subtropics, caused by the presence in the lymph vessels of the parasitic nematode worms Wuchereria bancrofti and Brugia malayi (see filaria). The worms, which are transmitted to humans by various mosquitoes (including Aëdes, Culex, Anopheles, and Mansonia), bring about inflammation and eventual blocking of lymph vessels, which causes the surrounding tissues to swell (see elephantiasis). The rupture of urinary lymphatics may lead to the presence of chyle in the urine. Filariasis is treated with the drug diethylcarbamazine.
aside the diethylcarbamazine( main drug). I also used antihistamine (piriton tablet) for the itches. but you can use loratidine which is also antihistamine for the itches cos piriton can cause drowsiness in some people. or better still go to a hospital or a pharmacy to avoid self medication.
Re: Dermatologists In The House. Check This Out!! (graphic Images) by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 10, 2019
trustworthy1:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
filariasis
n.
a disease, common in the tropics and subtropics, caused by the presence in the lymph vessels of the parasitic nematode worms Wuchereria bancrofti and Brugia malayi (see filaria). The worms, which are transmitted to humans by various mosquitoes (including Aëdes, Culex, Anopheles, and Mansonia), bring about inflammation and eventual blocking of lymph vessels, which causes the surrounding tissues to swell (see elephantiasis). The rupture of urinary lymphatics may lead to the presence of chyle in the urine. Filariasis is treated with the drug diethylcarbamazine.
aside the diethylcarbamazine( main drug). I also used antihistamine (piriton tablet) for the itches. but you can use loratidine which is also antihistamine for the itches cos piriton can cause drowsiness in some people. or better still go to a hospital or a pharmacy to avoid self medication.

Wow... Thanks so much for the information. But you should know that I barely understood those medical terms u mentioned. Lol. I'll visit the pharmacy Sha. Thanks again!!!

(1) (Reply)

Types, Prices And Suppliers Of Commode Chair In Nigeria / I Never Knew All The Powers Of Bananas until..... / Alternative To Using Expensive Creams Like Mary Kay For A Youthful Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.