Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,566 members, 7,972,133 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:41 AM

No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed (1565 Views)

List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) / Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra / Makanjuola Habib Wants To Win World Best Award By 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by ov: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2010
U guys shud read this article i stumbled across.
Kinda makes sense to me. So i guess 9ja is on the right path wit Siasia as head coach

i cut this clip out

[b]First of all let us test the power of History. In relationship to Nigeria and Cameroon, it may interest you to know that Nigeria has never beaten Cameroon in any African Cup of Nations Final. Cameroon has beaten Nigeria in three finals – 1984, 1988 and most recently in 2000 in Lagos. Despite a resounding support of more than 60,000 people in the stadium, and a determined Nigerian team led by the midfield maestro himself Jay Jay Okocha, history was not to denied her power over football. And once again under their very eyes Nigeria was beaten in their backyard by a Cameroon national side.

The power of History and local coaches winning with their country of origin is also very evident in the case of England. From the table you will see that England has only won the World Cup once in 1966 under Ramsey Alf an English man. In Germany 2006, the English team was made up of talented players like Steven Gerard, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, Frank Lampard, John Terry etc. Infact, the team had 6 players who were either captains or assistant captains in their various clubs. With so much talent it was expected that they would win the world cup or at worst get to the semi- finals. However, they could not make it past the quarter- finals for the simple fact that they had a Swede coach in Sven Goran Ericsson. It must also be noted here that going to the World Cup with a local coach is not a guarantee to winning but a right and ‘MUST’ step in attempting or improving the chances of actually winning the World Cup. Yes, so the whole world can mark my words and quote me “England will not win the world cup with Fabio Capello as coach”. I am not a prophet but a true believer in History. After all I saw her power manifest when Cameroon beat Nigeria in Lagos.

The issue at hand is this:
Eighteen (18) World Cups have been held since the maiden edition held and won by Uruguay in 1930 and only six other countries have been successful.
[/b]

http://www.soccerroomtoday.com/news/history-and-africa-winning-the-world-cup/
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by cescjay(m): 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2010
ur absolutely right,just noticed dat.nice research.
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2010
And Ngr has never won the Africa Nations cup without a foreign coach
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by folem: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2010
ov:

The issue at hand is this:
Eighteen (18) World Cups have been held since the maiden edition held and won by Uruguay in 1930 and only six other countries have been successful.

http://www.soccerroomtoday.com/news/history-and-africa-winning-the-world-cup/

1. Uruguay
2. Brazil
3. Argentina
4. Italy
5. Germany
6. England
7. France
8. Spain

[size=16pt]8[/size] Countries have won FIFA World Cup i.e [size=16pt]7[/size] others.
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by mamagee3(f): 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2010
This thread is biased. . .

Nigeria won the 1994 World Cup with a foreign coach.

I think he was swedish, so what's this poster talking about?
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by 12large: 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2010
please moderators why is this girl "mama gee" on this forum, the girl don't have anysense very annoying girl, she don't know anything about soccer yet she keep talking. why can't she just stay in the kitchen
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by mamagee3(f): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^Can you stop being a daft?

And learn how to construct a sentence without creating a run-off line.

You're just ridiculous when you try to be sexist.
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by folem: 10:43am On Aug 19, 2010
[/quote]
mama-gee:

Nigeria won the 1994 [size=16pt]World Cup[/size] with a foreign coach.

I think he was [size=16pt]swedish[/size], so what's this poster talking about?

[quote author=mama-gee link=topic=499041.msg6596070#msg6596070 date=1282159803]
^^Can you stop being [size=16pt]a daft?[/size]

And learn how to construct a sentence without creating a run-off line.

You're just ridiculous when you try to be sexist.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by medjai(m): 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2010
mama-gee:

grin sekpe's in the system grin
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by larimo(m): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
mama-gee:

@mama-gee, we won the African Nations Cup in 1994 with a dutch technical adviser. the poster is right; no country has ever triumphed with a foreign coach at the World Cup

about 12large, i have long concluded that its a waste of time paying attention to his replies; he's always insultive,
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by Kinezeala(m): 10:43am On Aug 24, 2010
Nigerian won their first nations cup trophy in 1980 under the tootilage of otto gloria - brazilian
2nd trophy in 1994 under clem westerhof - dutch
so?
Besides the countries that have won the world cup can boost of world class coaches,so the need for them to employ foreigners is almost out of the question.
But nice research though.
Re: No Country Can Win World Cup With A Foreign Coach-it Is Confirmed by ov: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2010
yeah. Kinezeala. these guys dont need the foreign coaches cus the coaches de have are world class. perhaps maybe it is time 9ja starts developing her own local BUT World Class coaches. Siasia, Eguavon, Keshi etc.

Spain won again with a spanish coach oo. These thing de make sense to me jare. Local coach n give him enuff time

(1) (Reply)

Check Brazil 2014 World Cup Pots And The Teams / The World Will Know When I Return- Ibrahimovic / Why Chelsea Can Never Be Afraid Of Manchester United, Manchester City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.