Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,360 members, 7,920,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:06 AM

I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San (13751 Views)

Judicial Reform: NBA Seeks Removal Of CJN As Head Of NJC / Oshiomhole Chairs APC NWC Meeting, Says Party Not Divided / CCT Chair Truly Answerable Only To Presidency, Says NBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Johnnyessence(m): 7:01am On Jan 30, 2019
The President of Nigerian Bar Association, Paul Usoro (SAN), has explained why he left the venue of the meeting of the National Judicial Council on Tuesday.
The NJC had held an emergency meeting in Abuja on Tuesday (today), but Usoro left the venue of the meeting almost immediately it started.

The reason for his leaving of the council’s meeting could not be immediately ascertained.

Usoro, however, told our correspondent that he did not walk out of the meeting. He said he left the venue after due permission from the Council to attend to some urgent matters.

“Don’t have the impression that I walked out. I only left the venue after taking permission,” he said.

Suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen; and Acting CJN Tanko Mohammed, did not attend the meeting.

A former President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Umar Abdullahi, was elected to preside over the meeting as an interim chairman.

President Muhammadu Buhari suspended Onnoghen on Friday based on an ex parte order of the Code of Conduct Tribunal which ordered him to step aside.
The President swore in Mohammed in his place in acting capacity.

The action has drawn criticisms from the Nigerian Bar Association and opposition parties which accused Buhari of eroding the independence of the judiciary.
The NJC also referred a petition against the CCT chairman, Danladi Umar, to the Federal Judicial Service Commission.

According to a press release by the NJC’s Director (Information), Soji Oye, the council took the decisions after considering four petitions filed at its secretariat.
The statement explained that the petition against Onnoghen was by Zikhrillahi Ibrahim of Resource Centre for Human Rights & Civil Education; while two petitions against Acting CJN Mohammed came from Centre for Justice and Peace Initiative; and also from Olisa Agbakoba, SAN.

It added that the petition against Umar was authored by the Centre for Justice and Peace Initiative.
The statement added, “Council referred the petition against Hon. Danladi Yakubu Umar to the Federal Judicial Service Commission, which is the appropriate constitutional body empowered to deal with it.

“In line with its procedure, Council also forwarded the petitions against Hon. Justices W.S.N. Onnoghen, GCON; and I. T. Mohammed, CFR, to them for their responses.

“In view of the gravity of the matters involved, Council abridged the usual response period from fourteen (14) to seven (7) working days for the Hon. Justices to respond.

“Hon. Mr. Justice W. S. N. Onnoghen, GCON and Hon. Mr. Justice I.T. Mohammed, CFR, recused themselves from the meeting.

“Consequently, Council elected Hon. Mr. Justice Umaru Abdullahi, CON, former President of the Court of Appeal, as Interim Chairman to preside over the meeting.”

The Council will reconvene on February 11.

https://thenigerialawyer.com/i-didnt-walk-out-of-njc-meeting-says-nba-president-usoro-san/

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by jamaicabakare(m): 7:04am On Jan 30, 2019
Ok
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Valleys(m): 7:05am On Jan 30, 2019
Nollywood magic
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by helinues: 7:08am On Jan 30, 2019
Walk out or walk in, BDC Walter is already a goner

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 30, 2019
4+4 dey hot dem gan ni.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by asfrank(m): 7:48am On Jan 30, 2019
He should not be among the NJC panel in the first place, his public stand on the matter shows fair hearing cannot be guaranteed. No NBA member should even be among the NJC committee regarding this issue.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by rusher14: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2019
Lacking in credibility and intelligence.

Certainly working as an evil emissary that very moment.

Does it make sense that at such a monumental hour, a man of such position would have a more pressing issue to attend?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Pabloosas(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2019
cheesy
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by vengertime: 8:57am On Jan 30, 2019
Nigerian media just want to destroy Nigeria with fiction lies.

Nowadays you read-punch, vanguard, daily post and NANS you feel sorry for Nigerian media.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Tunasco4u(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2019
4+4 is the only solution to Nigeria's problem smiley smiley, any other means is a problem undecided undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by jantofubu(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2019
Over to nlanders sans and judges

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by EdoBoyJazzie: 8:58am On Jan 30, 2019
Onoghen is going no where
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Naijawebmaster: 8:58am On Jan 30, 2019
haa
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by koolgee(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2019
Okay
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by MooreJozo(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2019
hmmmmm
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2019
asfrank:
He should not be among the NJC panel in the first place, his public stand on the matter shows fair hearing cannot be guaranteed. No NBA member should even be among the NJC committee regarding this issue.
LOL grin grin who should be amongst the NJC members? APC members? FYI The NBA has about four positions on the NJC

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by hisexcellency34: 9:01am On Jan 30, 2019
Corrupt NBA President + Corrupt Chief Justice of Nigeria. Who did we offend?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Pbono: 9:01am On Jan 30, 2019
grin grin
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:01am On Jan 30, 2019
It is well.
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Guzel: 9:01am On Jan 30, 2019
Corruption walking away. What do you expect from a mam who received 1.4 billion naira from Akwa ibom govt account.
Prof Ernest Ojujwu accused him of vote buying during the last NBA election.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by BCISLTD: 9:01am On Jan 30, 2019
asfrank:

your brain is fully functional

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by derok3372: 9:01am On Jan 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 30, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Buhari's supporters arrives NBA Headquarters Abuja to counter protest in support of buhari's action on CJN.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_44_fLanmg

Why are you posting silly videos everywhere? BDC Walter is gone. As a child you need to grow up some day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Otarkpa: 9:02am On Jan 30, 2019
The Buhari supporters are miscreants while the anti Buhari people are men and women of substance. Difference between informed people and uninformed people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by anochuko01(m): 9:04am On Jan 30, 2019
he'll never do that. the law profession is one with so much ethics...just like medicine.

if it were to be politicians, I'll believe. those knew are touts
Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by moneybag74: 9:06am On Jan 30, 2019
why are u lying

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by tixo: 9:09am On Jan 30, 2019
What really is the purpose for this post? Are posts no longer being checked before being put up here. Let's help this nation and stop this explosion of mediocrity that's brewing everywhere.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San by Sholaco: 9:09am On Jan 30, 2019
Who cares

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office / Nabena: Obasanjo/Atiku That Midwifed National Rot Cannot Chart Way Forward / Tanko Al-Makura Joins Tinubu's Campaign Train In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.