Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,917 members, 7,879,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) (34451 Views)

Rice Trailer Crashes Into Market In Akungba, Ondo, Over 10 Feared Dead (GRAPHIC) / Truck Crashes Into A School Bus In Enugu, Many Pupils Dead (Graphic Photos) / Lagos Tanker Explosion: 3-Year-Old Boy Declared Missing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Abimbola29(m): 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
well if you look at the pix closely you will noticed a car was loaded with fish from ijora olopa,it's one of our drivers,on getting to that particular spot,he never knew that the liquid from the tanker has already filled the porthole, his car that was loaded from ijora got stuck inside the ditch that was how the spark happened, as at the time of filling this the driver and one of the passengers where dead,then the other woman who sat with the other one who lost her life was able to to escape but was burnt out of recognition. the two dead has been taken to Seme,including the burnt one who was take after spending some hours at the hospital( at the back of the onireke police station ) let's give kudos to onireke police dpo he even sustained some injuries due to the fact that he was trying rescue people, secondly the container close to the tanker was carrying generators,some of the generators where burnt,but he was able to put the fire out.

3 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by jchioma: 4:50pm On Jan 30, 2019
This is Badagry Expressway! An eyesore.

An international road that leads to other countries, so pathetic and nauseating to see the neglect of govt to its responsibilities.
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by IamPlato(m): 4:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:
How people can't be smart enough to escape a fire accident amazes me a lot..
you Will Be Present In The Next Fire Explosion. Good Luck With Your Smartness
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by LOVEGINO(m): 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:
we re expecting to hear ur own experience before the end of the year.
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 5:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
grin grin grin

Responses here make me laugh. So living in Ojo and environs can be a ghoulish experience ba? grin

Let me reiterate what I said about living there months ago:

Please if you know any child who is born and bred in Ojo/Iyana Ipaja/Iyana Iban/Okokomiako areas of Lagos and survives up to 50 years (2068). Kindly contact me by then and I'll reward him or her with a million in whatever currency s/he desires.

Regards.

Those areas mentioned above are horrible! They constitute the worst places I've been to in my life! Let's I forget, I have prognosticated tankers plying that road to fall and explode quite a number of times. It's simple logic. Roads are horrible, heavy-duty vehicles ply them, why won't they fall and spill their contents?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by mmadu5(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
PlugBlogng:

We can't blame them, at that moment they will be so tensed and can't think straight. And there was also heavy rainfall as at the time it happened

No matter how tense and confused I would be at the moment . Nothing will stop me from escaping

1 Like

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by PlugBlogng: 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
mmadu5:

No matter how tense and confused I would be at the moment . Nothing will stop me from escaping
Some died due to the hot water
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by mmadu5(m): 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
PlugBlogng:

Some died due to the hot water

I will escape with hot leg I have survivor instincts my brother some people are just dumb

1 Like

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by PlugBlogng: 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
mmadu5:

I will escape with hot leg I have survivor instincts my brother some people are just dumb
Well that's true
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by GentleMoney: 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2019
asdfjklhaha:
May God help us. Rip to the dead
Sad!..
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2019
emirp:
Just pray it should not be your portion

I'm sure the ppl that died didn't want that as their portion too!
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by kliffo(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
chloride6:
See Expressway..

PDP it shall never be well with you....

Do you live in Lagos at all? Why would you blame PDP for a road that Lagos State government has been constructing for 12 years?

1 Like

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by chloride6: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2019
kliffo:
Do you live in Lagos at all? Why would you blame PDP for a road that Lagos State government has been constructing for 12 years?

Is that a federal or state road
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Emary(f): 7:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

I just pray you don't experience one yourself. Do you have any idea how fast a petrol fire can spread? Think before posting.
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by powerblaze(m): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

I pray a tanker doesn't explode in front of you, so u can show us how to escape.

Mscheww
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by frozen70(f): 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

With this your comment, it shows that you are under rating the power of fire

But you will understand better if you become a victim

1 Like

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by eshic(f): 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
oladimejiAyinde:
God be with us
It is well
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by eshic(f): 10:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
powerblaze:

I pray a tanker doesn't explode in front of you, so u can show us how to escape.

Mscheww

Don't mind him
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by gentlestone(m): 12:41am On Jan 31, 2019
RIP to the dead
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Witnes: 12:52am On Jan 31, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:
Hey! pray it doesn't happen to u period. Most people who died of fire accidents not mainly the fire that killed them but the smoke first b4 d fire.
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2019
fergie001:

Leave that im.
That road is the worst in the whole of Lagos.....

That road when it was started by Fashola was at a slow pace because they complained that pdp was punishing them because it was an opposition state.
Enters Ambode,rushed the work then made it worse than it was before,with the useless CCECC.....there is no week,trailers won't fall down there.....its political....its a pdp enclave with above 60% non-indigenes,let them continue.....as long as Jagaban's tank farm isn't concerned,no p....

Rip to the lost souls including the police officer.....

Brother, funny enough. where Julius Berger was given has long been completed. They even assisted CCECC in doing the maza=maza bridge, cos i have observed and a staff said they do have issues with water bodies. they can spend ages, but J.B. will just build a bridge across and continue.

The present state of that road is because CCECC doesnt want Fed. govt to give JB another portion to handle. so CCECC will demolish and do little thing, then jump to another place and do another small, leave it, go to another area again. observe from alakija down to okoko (CCECC). but check first gate down to orile and costain (julis berger) and see the difference.
J.B. even compensnated Tinubu with a fully completed and fitted house (which was an agreement btw Tinubu and J.B) but after which He didnt assist dem with any other project till date. which is too bad.
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by fergie001: 12:22am On Feb 02, 2019
Njeps:

Brother, funny enough. where Julius Berger was given has long been completed. They even assisted CCECC in doing the maza=maza bridge, cos i have observed and a staff said they do have issues with water bodies. they can spend ages, but J.B. will just build a bridge across and continue.

The present state of that road is because CCECC doesnt want Fed. govt to give JB another portion to handle. so CCECC will demolish and do little thing, then jump to another place and do another small, leave it, go to another area again. observe from alakija down to okoko (CCECC). but check first gate down to orile and costain (julis berger) and see the difference.
J.B. even compensnated Tinubu with a house. to get another
Oil dey your head........Now you can see the kind of people we share breathe together....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It / 5-Year-Old Chinese Boy Drives A Tractor Like A Pro / Anambra Chief, Kenneth Okonkwo, Dies In Fatal Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.