Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,724 members, 7,918,229 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 06:02 AM

Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) (66820 Views)

Can You Buy This 20k Bread In This Present Economy? / How Much Is This Loaf Of Bread In Your Area? (pix) / Hungry Lagosians Mob A Bus Loaded With Bread In Agege (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
I love it die
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by fatymore(f): 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
enemyofprogress:
The bestest way to take bread and tea, even if I dey with Donald Trump na so I go take am, I no fit come kill myself because I dey form for ajepako, fatymore,oluphunmy and funkeshugar
goat
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by enemyofprogress: 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
fatymore:
goat
rat

2 Likes

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by TruthHurts100: 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
lacemose:
How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo)

I am also guilty of doing this sometimes, how many of you still do this?

source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/01/how-many-of-you-still-do-this-photo.html

It's the best way
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by martineverest(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
Libkid:
Don't mind him.forming nonsense
Nigerians are hypocrites.... personally,I don't do it.not because Isee it as uncivilised,but because I noticed that I could eat a full loaf of bread and still not get satisfied with that method , however I can't even eat half of that same loaf when I don't deep it inside the tea..

to control my calories,I had to stop deeping my bread inside tea

1 Like

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by uuzba(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
bouncin04:
Yuck!!!! hate it like mad angry ... cos wen drinking up the tea, u got to unknowingly suck up the wet little pieces of bread at the bottom.... which doesnt feel good...
You can use this method to test whom you would marry. Take them out to shoprite. Order coffee and bagle. (Effizzy of the highest oyibo order). Then sit back and watch your date. You can decide what to do after that.

1 Like

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by fatymore(f): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
enemyofprogress:
rat
come and buy my bed sheet
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by olayemioshiyemi: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2019
What I still did yesterday.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Ubdavis(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2019
Abfinest007:
this is the real naija style no forming

Tell him o. He is asking as if the act is out of fashion.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by uuzba(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2019
Phyde:
I did it this morning, please is there anything wrong or is it not bread and tea again?
Well, you have to understand who invented bread and tea.
As you know, these came to us through the British who colonised us. The colonist were disciplined people of very high standards (AKA effizzy).
They drink the most tea in this whole world till date. They bake bread and so many types if pastry.
Usually they'll eat bread as a sandwich ie. With sardines, ham, cheese or other condiments inside. Sandwich one hand, tea to wash down.

The problem with this method of dipping bread inside tea is that the bread is naked. There's nothing to go with the bread. Indirectly, you are saying you cannot afford anything to go with your bread. This method, hence goes with the poorer people. Some poor British people still do this.

So it all depends whose style you are following. The rich or the poor.
Rich normally attributed to educated and poor attributed to illiterate.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
Kalapizim:
never done this, i detest tea or coffee. i dont drink tea angry angry

Lol,And I thought I was the only one who doesn't take tea.

@topic,Since I was born I have never done such.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Raylight2(m): 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
I did one or two centuries ago
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Raylight2(m): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Lol,And I thought I was the only one who doesn't take tea.

@topic,Since I was born I have never done such.
lol... village girl. oyibo like us take it a lot it's a fast food after all
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Hemjayy: 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2019
Orangina:
tottenham 3:1 watford that is the correct score for 2nite. order 4 man city vs arsenal correct score on sunday.+2348066928977

Lmao. U don travel in2 the future abi
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Raylight2:
lol... village girl. oyibo like us take it a lot it's a fast food after all

Yes I am happy to be a village girl.Seriously it has nothing to do with the west personally I have never done it and it has been years since I have taken tea.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by enemyofprogress: 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2019
fatymore:
come and buy my bed sheet
it's not weather friendly here in the US
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by CustardPrince(m): 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
lacemose:

source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/01/how-many-of-you-still-do-this-photo.html

I haven't done it for like a decade
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by dazzlingd(m): 7:10pm On Jan 30, 2019
princeSammyz:
Abeg whats wrong with it?
Excellent question.
What is wrong with.
Who created the rule not to eat that way?
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by ACE1010: 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2019
lacemose:

I'm guilty... infact I did it this morning!
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by fatytoy333(m): 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
Wow! We call this "SHOKI" Make sure the tea is rich, especially in chocolate. It's soooo heavenly cheesy
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Oyeleye101(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
Wetin I gain if I no do am grin cheesy
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Raylight2(m): 7:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Yes I am happy to be a village girl.Seriously it has nothing to do with the west personally I have never done it and it has been years since I have taken tea.
hmmmm. you've tried sha.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by SALIMAN(m): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
That's normal
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by orumba(m): 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
wat I 4 do if I stop it. engreenigbo
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by stuffs4me(m): 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
princeSammyz:

Abeg help me ask the OP
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
Where Is It A Law That Dipping Bread Inside Tea Is A Sin Or Crime? I Enjoy My Meal Most By Dipping The Bread Into Tea.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by tunary(m): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
princeSammyz:
Ask them well
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
I Enjoy It Most Like This.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by scholar44(m): 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
My best food
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Ridalord(m): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
Na im be the surest way
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by Phyde: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2019
uuzba:

Well, you have to understand who invented bread and tea.
As you know, these came to us through the British who colonised us. The colonist were disciplined people of very high standards (AKA effizzy).
They drink the most tea in this whole world till date. They bake bread and so many types if pastry.
Usually they'll eat bread as a sandwich ie. With sardines, ham, cheese or other condiments inside. Sandwich one hand, tea to wash down.

The problem with this method of dipping bread inside tea is that the bread is naked. There's nothing to go with the bread. Indirectly, you are saying you cannot afford anything to go with your bread. This method, hence goes with the poorer people. Some poor British people still do this.

So it all depends whose style you are following. The rich or the poor.
Rich normally attributed to educated and poor attributed to illiterate.
I will always prefer the poor style even when i am rich, so village people won't come for my head, While many poor still prefer the rich style trying to live a fake live.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
YOU'RE NOT A NIGERIAN IF YOU DON'T DO THAT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breakfast Given To Nigerians At Hajj (picture) / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? / How I Eat With My Tomato Stew Before Vs How I Eat Now(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.