Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,713 members, 7,892,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:05 PM

The Devil's Alternative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Devil's Alternative (653 Views)

717 Muslims Killed, 805 Injured During 'Devil Stoning' In Saudi Arabia (photos) / Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit / Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Devil's Alternative by Chxta(m): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2010
Regardless of who is running in the elections in the coming months, all Nigerians who are of age have a moral duty to go out there, vote, and make sure that their votes count. There is no other way for us to take the moral high-ground in future and try to hold whoever is our president come May 2011 to account if we refuse to do our own duty in the first place.

However, we are in a dilemma. We lack credible candidates, and the people who have declared their interest in the position actually present us with bad choices.

But what other alternatives do we have?
Re: The Devil's Alternative by Orikinla(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2010
We do not lack credible presidential candidates.

Buhari is good enough to lead Nigeria.
Re: The Devil's Alternative by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2010
Orikinla:

We do not lack credible presidential candidates.

Buhari is good enough to lead Nigeria.

Lol . . . joke of the year.
What has he said he would do, what is the platform of his campaign, cos as far as i know only IBB has been talking, the rest just assume that they dont need your vote, else, they would be talking to the people and not be doing a "do or die" kinda thing
Re: The Devil's Alternative by james1(m): 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
Who told you Nigerians has no suitable candidate?
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan:our candidate.
Thank you very much.this debate is over;we won.
Re: The Devil's Alternative by Orikinla(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2010
james1:

Who told you Nigerians has no suitable candidate?
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan:our candidate.
Thank you very much.this debate is over;we won.

President Goodluck EbeleChukwu Azikiwe Jonathan is a smooth operator.
Can he prosecute the sacred cows indicted for corruption when they are his political godfathers?
Re: The Devil's Alternative by james1(m): 7:18am On Aug 19, 2010
We don't want extremist whose approach to issues can be terribly loopsided;we need a leader who can sort out national issues with very careful consideration to all.one with tact.
Re: The Devil's Alternative by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2010
At first i was like Buhari will be a good leader then i noticed his campaign strategy he is just focusing on the north.I believe he is thinking once he wins his campaign in the north then the rest will fall into place.
I would have thot he will be telling the whole country what his plans are by now,trying to convince the south that he isnt so tribalised but he is not doing all that so from what i can see if he becomes president i am afraid most of the resources will be diverted to develop the northern region also i am not sure if he would handle the Nigerdelta issue with necessary sensitivity.

I am also weary that he would magnify ethnic and religious diferrences.Apart from this he looks less corrupt than the rest,looks like a disciplined person.
Re: The Devil's Alternative by naso2(m): 11:36am On Aug 19, 2010
andromida:

At first i was like Buhari will be a good leader then i noticed his campaign strategy he is just focusing on the north.I believe he is thinking once he wins his campaign in the north then the rest will fall into place.
I would have thot he will be telling the whole country what his plans are by now,trying to convince the south that he isnt so tribalised but he is not doing all that so from what i can see if he becomes president i am afraid most of the resources will be diverted to develop the northern region also i am not sure if he would handle the Nigerdelta issue with necessary sensitivity.

I am also weary that he would magnify ethnic and religious diferrences.Apart from this he looks less corrupt than the rest,looks like a disciplined person.

The answer to the bolded text is not difficult to find. Just do a quick check on where the PTF projects for 8 solid years went to, then you understand better.

His ethnic and religious leanings are far too dangerous for this country , if he becomes president.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read:ibb Diss Obj In Worse Leader Contest / Nigeria On The Brink-what Happens If The 2011 Elections Fail? / Nigeria On The Brink Of War - Pastor Adefarasin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.