Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,541 members, 7,888,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:57 PM

Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters (10084 Views)

2023: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Tinubu / Afenifere Accuses Tinubu Of Peddling ‘fake’ News, Denies Endorsing Buhari / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Denies Endorsing Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Joevics(m): 11:24am On Jan 31, 2019
Says Faction That Endorsed Buhari Are Historical Renegades.

The pan-Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, has distanced itself from media reports that it has endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election bid.

The group denounced the endorsement in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Wednesday, saying those involved in the endorsement – Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, Chief Ayo Fasanmi and Senator Olabiyi Durojaye — were not members of the group.

A statement made available by Yinka Odumakin, the group's National Publicity Secretary, referred to those involved as historical renegades.

The statement read: “We ordinarily would not respond to a gathering of historical renegades but for the sake of the unwary who may have been confused by the nefarious action of these impostors.

“We say without equivocation that minus Senator Ayo Fasanmi, who had a past connection with Afenifere till 2003, and Senator Olabiyi Durojaye, who is presently an employee of Buhari, all the others at the summit including Prof Yemi Osinbajo have never been known in Afenifere.

“If these are Afenifere, they would never have gathered for Buhari’s endorsement in any part of Yorubaland on a day the Nigerian Tribune, the legacy of Obafemi Awolowo who is the founder of Afenifere, was being relaunched.”

Odumakin berated Osinbajo for being absent from the activities held to mark the late sage’s remembrance activities, despite being married to Awolowo’s grand-daughter.

He added: “The godfather of this fake group is, of course, Bola Tinubu who was made governor by Afenifere in 1999, when his real character was not known.

“We tell the Tinubu followers that we don’t deny them the right to support Buhari. If they call themselves South-West Miyetti Allah, it worries us not. They should only stop the fraudulent claim to Afenifere.”

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/31/faction-endorsed-buhari-are-historical-renegades-says-afenifere

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by jlinkd78(m): 11:28am On Jan 31, 2019
I v always known that the highly cerebral Afenifere can't support Buhari especially for being out of line on restructuring which has been d nucleus of Afenifere endorsement. What APC gains with fictitious claims of support that doesn't exist still amazes me. Odumakin remains d official mouthpiece of Afenifere and I must state that with d lively town hall meeting last night powered by NTA that d AtikuObi camp came out tops, a lot of indifferent persons have decided to support PDP not cos they are saints but have marshalled out implementable roadmap towards getting Nigeria working again.

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Samade7: 11:28am On Jan 31, 2019
When bubu change his mind that he will not spend kobo during the election grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by donplato(m): 11:29am On Jan 31, 2019
which right thinking group or individual for that matter would want to associate with a failed tyrant....Buhari na bad news

51 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 31, 2019
An Afenifere without Odumakin & Fasoranti is just Drama class..

Seeing "The Nations" carry such news yesterday along with countless number of "The source said" had the hands of impostors written all over.

40 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by FirstSamurai: 11:50am On Jan 31, 2019
cool
Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Authoreety: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2019
I thought as much

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by baliyubla: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2019
The short Devil lying fake pastor must ask for a refund from the fake Afenifere.

Buhari/Osinbade should never be an option. The difference as they say, is clear.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by BuhariDcow: 11:53am On Jan 31, 2019
Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by kinibigdeal(m): 11:57am On Jan 31, 2019
Authoreety:
I thought as much

We have two set of Afenifere. The genuine Afenifere group and that established by Tinubu. Same way Tinubu created is own OPC. The OPC that endorsed Sanwo and Buhari are the ones created by him. Yinka Odumankin Afenifere and Gani Adam/Late Fasheun OPC are the recognised group

16 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by SalamRushdie: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2019
Endorsing Buhari would agreeing that you endorsed Abacha

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by true2god: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2019
baliyubla:
The short Devil lying fake pastor must ask for a refund from the fake Afenifere.

Buhari/Osinbade should never be an option. The difference as they say, is clear.
This image speaks volume.

27 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by akinszz: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2019
Afenifere Ko, Afenifebi ni undecided
Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Naijawebmaster: 12:05pm On Jan 31, 2019
cool
Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by magoo10(m): 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
Afenifere cannot endorse a known tyrant and dullard

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Ronpet777(m): 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
It beats my imagination that enlightened individuals still root for Buhari apart from d paid Zombies on Nairaland. The man is not even competent enough to be the admin of a WhatsApp group.

The man is just being packaged for us by the cabals that wish to wield power at all cost .
It is our collective duty to rid the country of these selfconceited individuals by sacking them from d seat of power come February.
They r obviously blind to the plight and sufferings of the common man!

10 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by dam2000(m): 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
APC and lie that how dey said alafin Oyo hav endorse there lifeless oga

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
the real Afenifere had spoken... others are impostors..

7 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Born2Breed(f): 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
Who will endorse the senile demented one who reads upside down...

14 Likes

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by adeoluphilips: 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
jlinkd78:
I v always known that the highly cerebral Afenifere can't support Buhari especially for being out of line on restructuring which has been d nucleus of Afenifere endorsement. What APC gains with fictitious claims of support that doesn't exist still amazes me. Odumakin remains d official mouthpiece of Afenifere and I must state that with d lively town hall meeting last night powered by NTA that d AtikuObi camp came out tops, a lot of indifferent persons have decided to support PDP not cos they are saints but have marshalled out implementable roadmap towards getting Nigeria working again.

I said it when i saw the post...I have never seen Sanwoolu, Osinbajo, skimeh and co in Afenifere before...How come they appeared suddenly...impostors

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by DerideGull(m): 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2019
jlinkd78:

I suggest you think again. If there is Yemi Osinbajo in the cards, there is nothing impossible for the people known for incredible summersaults.
Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by DerideGull(m): 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
donplato:
which right thinking group or individual for that matter would want to associate with a failed tyrant....Buhari na bad news

Nigerians, of course.
Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Caseless: 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
Who cares...? Sai baba jare.

Afenifere ko, afenifefe ni.
Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by TrashDetective: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2019

Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Nbote(m): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2019
Na their way.. Dey speak from all sides of their mouth
Re: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Buhari - Sahara Reporters by chozzy: 12:54pm On Jan 31, 2019
Now, this is the Original Afenifere talking

(1) (2) (Reply)

Estimated Billing To Be Criminalized – Reps / Kaduna Inland Dry Port Records Import Cargo Throughput Of 2,318 Teus In 2018 / Lawan: Those Who Elected Us Don’t Know Our Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.