Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,875 members, 7,889,916 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:40 AM

Your Tattoo: The Natural Barcode On Your Skin - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Your Tattoo: The Natural Barcode On Your Skin (365 Views)

Barcode Scanners & QR Code Scanners - Know The Features / How To Choose A Barcode Label Printer? / 'SkinMarks' - Google's New Tattoo That Turns Skin Into A Touchpad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Tattoo: The Natural Barcode On Your Skin by Cindy70: 12:37am On Feb 01, 2019
Tattoo, I am sure most of us have seen it and know someone that has it. But just for the benefit of those that have no idea what it is, it is a form of body art made to permanently linger on the body. Some of the arts are truly beautiful and may or may not be symbolic to the wearer. In the case of the latter, the tattoos could imply a spouse, child, dead relative, gang or any other thing that a person stands for.

But in this modern day, where science is becoming more highly advanced in various fields of study, more can also be told from tattoos according to discoveries and stories making the news.

Tattoos can now be used as a barcode to store music. I know right! But how is that possible you wonder? It is pretty simple, just go to the company with your picked song and the company will code your song to match a design/drawing. You then take the drawing to your tattoo artist to have it inscribed in your arm or where ever you prefer. Once your tattoo is done, using the company app, i.e, Skin Motion App, you can just scan the tattoo like you are trying to take a picture. As soon as the app senses the tattoo, it immediately plays the associated song. Pretty cool right? The application of science to tattoo does not stop there, it can also be used in the health sector.

Scientists are in the process of creating smart tattoos that would change color based on the health conditions of the body. But to build the tattoo, scientists have to first overcome the limitation of anything else, apart from the body health, influencing the tattoo color. So looking forward it may be my reason for getting a tattoo.

Please comment if you have any other idea(s) on what tattoos are been recently used for. Thanks for reading.

(1) (Reply)

Spectacular Features About Samsung Galaxy A Series / Scientists Are Teaching Rats How To Drive To Lower Their Stress Level /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.