Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,178 members, 7,896,997 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:36 AM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (203663 Views)

Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by REUBEN010(m): 6:27pm On Jun 30
RainMoreDFARMS:
Wheres your location
No longer available. That batch advertised earlier is currently fruiting and under harvest.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 10:38pm On Jun 30
REUBEN010:

No longer available. That batch advertised earlier is currently fruiting and under harvest.
okay Sir.
Happy farming
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 10:07pm On Jul 01
This year is a blessed year for all hardworking farmers.. I thank God..soon I go do give away

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 10:10pm On Jul 01
Devil wan use pepper give me second wife...Satan you don fail ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 10:18pm On Jul 01
I'm very sorry for the late response,most time out of network area.most video online will not teach everything you need to know,that's why I always advise incoming farmers to get information from practicing farmers,it may not be free but it's cheaper than learning by try and error. Let's talk better on what's app.
sheddyboy01:
Good morning Boss, please I have a question for you and ogbongenet .

I went into yam farming last year, after watching videos and tutorials on minister technology, I delve in

But this is my experience;

I treated my minisets with Z-force (Mancozeb as active ingredient) and Magic-force(Lambda cyha.. as active ingredient)

About 90% of the minisets got rotten and didn't germinate, I have no idea what I did wrong, was it that the concentration was too much or that very variety of yam couldn't cope with chemical treatment?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by IamAsiri: 9:02am On Jul 02
ogbongenet:
Devil wan use pepper give me second wife...Satan you don fail ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Good to hear! But not the second wife part abeg🙄
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Otiwaikuku: 7:34pm On Jul 02
Orwasen:
BEST AGRO SEEDLINGS
Call or Whatsapp Best Agro +2347069670428
*Palm tress
*Orange
*Mango
*Ogbono
*Guava
*Plantains suckers
*Cashew
*Pawpaw
*Kola nut
*Bitter kola
*Coco
*Coconut
*Moringa
*Pears
*Avocado etc

Pls what’s the specie of the palm trees you have and price you sell?
How much your bitter kola,coconut & Avocado?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by kellybently(m): 9:37am On Jul 09
Good morning house,

have any body plant any of the seed attached in the picture bellow before. How is the resistance level against attack

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by TosinOnofua: 9:22pm On Jul 18
Boss do u still advise pruning the top after 6 leaves for Habernero?

okoroemeka:
it does not matter when you nurse,the major concern is the type or variety to nurse,as a farmer for many years the only obstacles to a successful pepper harvest is pepper viral diseases which includes CMv,tobacco etch,pmV,pepper curly leaf etc,most other bacterial or fungal problems are easily corrected by fungicides and proper nutrition but the only defence against this viral problems is planting resistant varieties,this will be your major concern because the insects that transmit this diseases from plant to plant are almost invisible to the naked eyes,from mites,mealy bugs,thrips, whitefly,aphids ,etc,that is why plants are already infected before you even know there is a problem
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 7:48am On Jul 19
TosinOnofua:
Boss do u still advise pruning the top after 6 leaves for Habernero?

pruning or topping will give 20% or more yield due to increased branches and that means more fruits but the downside is the crop will be delayed to produce and when it does the extra branches may not handle the load of fruits they tend to break
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Skola1: 9:35pm On Jul 20
A question please:-
* How many seedlings of pepper can a plot of land take
* How much can one realize from it in a year
* How much can someone budget for pepper farming on a plot of land - Habanere specie

okoroemeka:
pruning or topping will give 20% or more yield due to increased branches and that means more fruits but the downside is the crop will be delayed to produce and when it does the extra branches may not handle the load of fruits they tend to break
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 2:53pm On Jul 21
Skola1:
A question please:-
* How many seedlings of pepper can a plot of land take
* How much can one realize from it in a year
* How much can someone budget for pepper farming on a plot of land - Habanere specie

a plot of land of 100ft by 50ft will contain 500 crops at 3ft by 3ft spacing, anything less is not easily manageable, anything more is waste of land.
Your second question of how much one can realize is not easily answered,many rookie farmers tend to focus their big shiny greedy eyes on what they will realize and forget to concentrate on the actual work,your major concern will be to get a productive farm but I will give you a clue,200-250 crops will yield one bag of pepper weekly depending on management and variety,a farm I am supervising got 22 bags from 2 and half plots last week,they are using super habanero,drip irrigation,venuri fertilizer injectors and weekly doses of potassium nitrate,calcium,poly feed,etc.
Your third question of cost of setup also depends on your choice iof variety,labour and materials,if you are targeting high yields and have deep pockets it means drip and expensive fertilizers you will budget at least #400-500k,but if you have the audacity of hope and believe you can achieve the impossible you can setup one plot with less than #50k

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.