Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,845 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day (23212 Views)

Seun Onigbinde: Aye Dee "BudgITng Funded By A CIA Front" / Igbos Are The Reason Nigerians Are Hated All Over The World – Aye Dee / Aye Dee: Boycott BBNaija And All South African Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by BigBizzy(m): 6:41am On Feb 03, 2019
who's this guy na...mad people everywhere

1 Like

Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by awoofawoo: 6:52am On Feb 03, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think the Federal government should imitate North Korea by banning internet and phone calls for we citizens (especially we southerners) in order to curb spread of fake news and anti government posts on social media. Only government officials and the Elites should be allowed internet and phone usage like it's done in North Korea and Eritrea. We will return to the era of communicating through letter writing and Nipost. We Nigerians are not yet matured for social media especially we Christians sad

Ori e tiburu ....which kind weed you dey shack?
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by mechanics(m): 7:01am On Feb 03, 2019
Shutting down the internet on election day won't stop false news from spreading.
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by Blazebond(m): 7:07am On Feb 03, 2019
The aye dee and all una when dey post nonsense in support of shutdown of internet really need your heads examined, the brainwashing that has occurred in your head must have been done with hypo,are you people cursed,are you morons on on something,i pity some of una sha.
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by Foolishbuhari: 7:09am On Feb 03, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think the Federal government should imitate North Korea by banning internet and phone calls for we citizens (especially we southerners) in order to curb spread of fake news and anti government posts on social media. Only government officials and the Elites should be allowed internet and phone usage like it's done in North Korea and Eritrea. We will return to the era of communicating through letter writing and Nipost. We Nigerians are not yet matured for social media especially we Christians sad

I wanted to rely with an epic clap back but i just think you're not relevant enough to spend such time on composing notes.

If you can readily deny your own Islamic faith just to sound some dumb political lines, I'd rather not waste time with you. Who the fvck asked you if you were a born again Christian or not? Zombie!

2 Likes

Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by Gaddafih001(m): 7:11am On Feb 03, 2019
madridguy:
BUHARI SHOULD SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET, SHUT DOWN NEPA AND ABOVE ALL SHUT DOWN WADATA PLAZA AND THROW THE KEY INSIDE RIVER NIGER.
Just one day,bush meat � go turn to hunter........
Just one day.....
It’s very close...
The heavenly bodies will change the protocols and events will turn around sharply and Favour the masses...
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by loswhite(m): 8:01am On Feb 03, 2019
handie:
There's sense in what this guy is saying. A look into the western Nigeria crises of 1963( A remote cause of the military takeover of 1965 and the civil war of 1967-1970) will reveal that the announcement of fake election results by broadcast houses loyal to the two leading parties in the region greatly contributed to the crises..... In this age of social media where there's no control whatsoever over what is posted and with this tense political situation, a shutdown of the internet is somehow a right call..... Unfortunately, the SCR(Smart card readers) relies on d internet for result transmission and d cost of a total shutdown of the internet (resulting from losses that online Business will record, those who use it for educational purposes and other constructive users of the internet) is just more than the country can afford. I will recommend a shutdown of access to the various social media platform from 8am on election day till the results are officially announced by INEC
why didn't you ppl suggest this same thing in the last election
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2019
GoTV:

You are the biggest idiot and slowpoke of century, is only foolish person kills his brothers with hope that he is a strong man. You want internet ban against your brothers and your religion. But you want Book haram boys to use it to communicate. Even if you live among pigs they will reject you for advising against your brothers and religion
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by bencarson007(m): 9:06am On Feb 03, 2019
GoTV:

What's the correlation between being born again and banning the internet? And why would we try to emulate North Korea who has zero human rights record... sometimes i wonder how we reason in this country. Agreed the internet has its bad sides, but with the kind of government we have today, public outcry via the social media is the only way we can effectively monitor the coming elections. As for fake results, even America had the same problem so please stop this kind of talk. Do you know how many businesses rely on the internet for their day to day running everyday? Do you know how much those businesses will lose on that day alone ? please let's be wise and proffer better solutions i pray the... please if any part of my response offends you, I apologise

2 Likes

Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by maasoap(m): 9:35am On Feb 03, 2019
Larryfest:
This guy is crazy abeg so they should use there own to spoil other people's parol... If the federal government in 2015 had shut it down what would have been the response by this present government cos i could remember clearly most of the fake results/ news was much in favour of APC/Buhari back then....

Firstly, the advice didn't come from the current government and I don't think that the government will adopt it.
Secondly, you said that most of the fake results news was much in favour of APC/Buhari back in 2015. I'm asking you, of what benefit was that to you, APC or the country? How is it going to benefit PDP this time around?
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by Zombicmodz: 10:24am On Feb 03, 2019
GoTV:
Mumurism ad infinitum

1 Like

Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by Emiron(m): 10:24am On Feb 03, 2019
NA SO D TIN DEY HAPPEN FOR DEVELOP CONTRIES?? MUMU TALK

1 Like

Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by MrCaesar: 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2019
Thunder....
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by sammie99: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2019
Who just released this monkey from his cage?
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by RexTramadol1: 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
I normally don't curse

Beht ori Bobo yii ti buru
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by macuno88(m): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2019
APC must really think Nigerians are as dumb and demented like their standard bearer.. they want to shut the internet to create room for result manipulation..as far as we are concerned, videos of election proceedings will emanate from voting centres..all activities from acreditation to vote counting /documentation as well as identities of electoral officials shall be duly covered..collation centres will be covered as well..this 2019 election is bigger than the evil cabal and they will drown in their impunities if they attempt anything funny..for all I care Buhari himself can become the inec chairman but he is still going to be shocked that he can't even manipulate the results...
I pray mtn or Airtel makes the mistake of shutting down my data/internet services so l can cash in like l won American Lotto...Yeye dey smell....Happy Sunday to the non-zombified nairalanders....

1 Like

Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by eclement700(m): 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
GoTV:
How can you single handedly be making generalisations on the entire populations of Christians in Nigeria with such conclusions?
*It's improper*
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by holywoman: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
HappyPagan:
After election, what next?

For Peter Obi?

For Atiku?

For Buhari?

For Osinbajo?

For you?

After election, when the internet is turned back on, would it reduce the spread of fake news?

What about individuals running online businesses? Should their sustenance be cut because of the promise of a few politicians?

Rather than treat issues at the root, we suggest temporary, ill-thought solutions that only worsen issues.

Fake news spreads because our politicians benefit from it. They toy with our fears and emotions - there is a struggle for who can cast the other in the most negative light.

Two stupid men go quarrel, begin fight. Press go rush talk say na Muslim and Christian dey fight. Why d fight start no go concern anybody, Christian go protect Christian, Muslim go protect Muslim.

Na Hate dem dey use control us... Na hate go turn person from dead to lifeless to Sudanese back to tyrant. Na hate carry Kanu go heaven

I hope as a society we one day regain our sanity. Our phones are way smarter than us.
I quite agree with you

1 Like

Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by Naijiant: 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
Access to the internet falls under freedom of expression and the right to express it under any medium of your choice. It is enshrined in the constitution. More: https://www.naijiant.com/articles/nigerias-alleged-plans-to-block-internet-access-during-elections-is-illegal/
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by Starman007: 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
That's not possible...... even on a normal day fake news spread.... So on the election day no matter the fake news we'll still get to know the winner
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by precious1967(m): 5:55pm On Feb 03, 2019
The guy is a refugee from Somalia.

1 Like

Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by Malawian(m): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
If Buhari wins a second term, what would be the fate of BMCs? Obviously their services would no longer be needed.
Re: Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day by KingWarri: 3:27am On Feb 24, 2019
madridguy:
BUHARI SHOULD SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET, SHUT DOWN NEPA AND ABOVE ALL SHUT DOWN WADATA PLAZA AND THROW THE KEY INSIDE RIVER NIGER.

Animal dey wear abgada in fela's voice... bavkward humans.... and with like this you won take be like America??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onochie’s Attacks On Igbo Monarchs Sacrilegious, Odious, Says Ohanaeze / Buhari Receives South-East Group For Change / House Of Reps Honours Stephen Keshi In Today’s Plenary Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.