Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,804 members, 7,972,877 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:18 PM

6 Easy Ways You Can Keep Your Smart Phone And Mobile Data Secured - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 6 Easy Ways You Can Keep Your Smart Phone And Mobile Data Secured (432 Views)

Get A Responsive Website And Mobile Application Platform / How To Make Money With Your SMART Phone / Easy Ways On How To Block Any ATM Card If Stolen [ Debit Card ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Easy Ways You Can Keep Your Smart Phone And Mobile Data Secured by Charlesdonald(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2019
We can’t be too careful enough never to misplace our phones or wallets. Don’t join the group of guys that do say It’s impossible! I can’t lose my phone to theft! My phone is always closer to me than anything.

What if it happens, these things are what I think you should have done or should do today.

1. Always freeze your bank mobile app.

The reason why you need to freeze is because some mobile apps keeps you automatically logged in even after you’ve finished your transaction. But when this app is freeze in as much as you locked your phone after using the mobile app, it freezes automatically, that is, it logs you out automatically.

And when it freezes and your phone sleeps, you will need to re login to gain access again.
[img][/img]

2. Always password your phone.

It’s so important. Thanks to phones with a finger sensor security.

I have met guys who don’t password their phones. It’s risky. One of my close friends is a pure victim of this

If you’re married, Tell your wife why you need to password your phone or rather reveal to her your code if she thinks you’re hiding something.

The reason why I’m saying this is that, when you password your phone it hinders them from gaining a direct access to your phone. In other words, if your phone got stolen, they will be forced to bring out your Sim into another phone and that’s when the problem starts.

if you’ve done this, then number 3.

3. Set up a Sim lock.

I just read about this yesterday and to be sincere I was glad and had to find all means to achieve it.

Go to settings
Go to security
Go to Sim lock
Then insert a default pin. (I tried all default pins I knew but wasn’t successful)

PS: If you tried all default pins like 1111, 0000 and 1234 and it didn’t work. Please stop at the SECOND ATTEMPT and visit a Mtn office.

You’re only advice to continue for the third time if you have your SIM PACK with you. If after the third wrong attempt, your line will be blocked and you will need to input your PUK number which is on your Sim pack and you’ll be directed to input a new pin.

But if you don’t have a Sim pack I will advise you go to your network office. And get it done there.

4. Set your phone to sleep every 30 secs or 1 minutes

5. protect your mobile banking app

How do i protect my mobile banking app?
When logging into your bank app, do NOT tick “remember username” because your username is enough to hack your account. Once your username is known, it’s not a big deal to get your password for the crooks who are already in the system. They might be so clever in manipulating your password especially for those who uses their date of birth or phone number as password.
Why is not advisable to use your date of birth or phone number as password for any thing is that it can be easy used by criminal for manipulation

6. Keep your social media login safe

How do i keep my social media passwords safe?
Don’t always use the same password for all your social media handles and try to change them every 3months so you don’t forget it.
Sometimes this criminals might have gotten hold of your current password looking for a perfect day to strike but regular review on your password will definitely throw them off balance

Is it safe to click on any link on social media?
The answer is no. Must of this link are just designed in such a way that once you click on it and attach your social media handle, every information they need have been extracted including your login details

Lets keep our mobile phones safe. But to be safer is when you follow these steps.

You can add yours too at the comment section. We learn everyday

Source; http://charlesdonaldfreeman.com.ng/keeping-your-smart-phone-and-mobile-data-secure/

Re: 6 Easy Ways You Can Keep Your Smart Phone And Mobile Data Secured by Charlesdonald(m): 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
Lalasticlala
uboma
davide470

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Login To My Facebook Timeline / We Have Enough Quantity Of Bauxite In My Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.