Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun (606 Views)

Igboho: FG plots Akintoye’s Arrest, Obasanjo meets Republic Of Benin President / After 3 Flops In 25 Years, INEC Meets Parties Today Over New Polling Units / Obasanjo Meets With Fulani Group (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by zakim(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2019
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday met leaders of top political parties and security chiefs in Ogun State over violence which has characterised campaigns in the state ahead of general elections.

Daily Trust on Sunday recalls that no fewer than 10 supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) were injured and many campaign vehicles shattered when both parties clashed on Thursday in Abeokuta.

Obasanjo, however, met the political parties’ leaders behind closed doors for more two hours at Owu Hall inside Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta on Saturday.

Briefing newsmen shortly after the meeting, the State Chairman of Action Democratic Party (ADP), Chief Wale Egunleti said Obasanjo warned them to maintain peaceful campaign in the interest of all.

Egunleti said “Our father (Obasanjo) has called the political parties for a meeting to shun any act of thuggery, fighting, and any form of violence during and after election.

“We want to serve the people and we must lead by example. Therefore, we have been warned and advised to keep peace in Ogun for the benefit of all.

“Also, we should maintain peace and ensure that we inform authorities about our plans and movement for security reasons.”

He added that there would be subsequent meetings for review and monitor of compliance.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/obasanjo-meets-parties-security-chiefs-warns-against-violence-in-ogun.html

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by Fadomero(m): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2019
Baba the monkey
Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by NaijaMutant(f): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by NaijaMutant(f): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2019
Fadomero:
Baba the monkey

I'm not saying that you don't have a father o cheesy

But I can stake my shit that he's more handsome than your father grin

Enough of this useless monkey comparison

Even at old age, Obasanjo still looks more handsome than most of you keyboard warriors undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by modath(f): 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
Fadomero:
Baba the monkey

You are bored & need attention... hopefully people will ignore you, even though I fed your thirsty dey. lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by Caseless: 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2019
In what capacity?
Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by Fadomero(m): 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2019
modath:

You are bored & need attention... hopefully people will ignore you, even though I fed your thirsty dey. lipsrsealed
Attention seeking is not bad too much of it is a chronic disease.
Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by Fadomero(m): 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2019
NaijaMutant:

I'm not saying that you don't have a father o cheesy

But I can stake my shit that he's more handsome than your father grin

Enough of this useless monkey comparison

Even at old age, Obasanjo still looks more handsome than most of you keyboard warriors undecided
na u sabi opinion matters
Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by NaijaMutant(f): 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2019
Caseless:
In what capacity?

Ex-APC navigator grin
Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by NaijaMutant(f): 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2019
Fadomero:
na u sabi opinion matters

Your opinion is poo
Re: Obasanjo Meets Parties, Security Chiefs, Warns Against Violence In Ogun by Fadomero(m): 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2019
NaijaMutant:

Your opinion is poo
You need to update ur brain

(1) (Reply)

FLASHBACK: How Buhari Reacted To Election Postponement Under Jonathan In 2015 / People Who Have Wronged The Presidency On Nairaland / What news Will Bring This Kind Of Joy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.