Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,788 members, 7,879,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:17 PM

Getting Australian Work Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting Australian Work Visa (18407 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Qatar Work Visa For 600k.is It Worth It? / General Australian Visa Enquiries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Getting Australian Work Visa by stcheezy: 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2010
Please, does anyone know how to go about getting an australian work visa in Nigeria and its general requirements?
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by worry246(m): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2010
grin grin grin Austrailians just see Nigerians as idle.
no chance of work visa unless you are professor or doctor
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by stcheezy: 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2010
y is dat? but tnx for the info though
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by stcheezy: 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2010
pls house, does anyone have any additional info?
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by chelseabmw(m): 2:29am On Aug 21, 2010
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by Connie001: 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2010
I have lived in Australia for years now and may be able to provide you with general information. First of all, what is your profession? Getting a visa to Australia is not easy, if your skills are currently in demand, you stand a better chance.
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by stcheezy: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2010
thanks connie. the info would be really helpful. i am an accountant but double up as a business development executive. i also do creative writing/ editing on the side. what would you say my chances are?
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by Connie001: 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2010
Accountants are in demand in Australia, especially in regional areas. However it may be difficult to get an Accounting job here without local knowledge of the accounting system here. Are you CPA or CA qualified? If not I would recommend you undertake a Masters of Accounting program here in Australia. The job market is very competitive. For general immigration information check www.immi.gov.au. The Australian high commission in Nigeria does not take or process visa applications, your best bet would be to post your application to South Africa for processing.
Best of luck. smiley

1 Like

Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by stcheezy: 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2010
thank you connie, you have really been helpful. Australian embassy have come to Nigeria though, i think taking a Masters programme in Accounting in Australia as you say is the best bet. God bless you
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by Connie001: 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2010
Hello Owokunle,
Feel free to ask your question in this forum and i will gladly answer it.
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by owokunle: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2010
We are a young couple with a 2yr old son ,i work in a bank in Nigeria with my Hnd Business administration cert and i have up to 5yrs experience working in a bank , my husband who is a graduate of electrical engineering from a Nigerian university but has
been self employed since graduation he is considering doing some IT courses .
My husband really wants to come to australia and i would not mind coming along with him ,we will like to know how we can get to australia because we fill the australia immigration assesement and we both scored low points .
We are thinking of applying for the 176 visa pls advise us on the best way out
Your reply will be appreciated .
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by BkY2: 11:24pm On Aug 30, 2010
can any one help me with Australian work permit.I have 10 years engineering maintenance experience.
Mechanical Engr.
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by Connie001: 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2010
Thank you Owokunle for your enquiry.

The Australian Government is going through an overhaul of its immigration system, chances are if you apply for an offshore independent skilled migration visa (176) it will be rejected. After reading through, i can recommend two options for you and your family to migrate to Australia. 1) All type of engineers are in demand in Australia. I believe your husband has a good chance of securing employment here, if he has gained a number of years of work experience in his field. If this is the case, let him start applying for jobs in Australia first before worrying about visas, in most cases an employer can sort out his visa for him and his family. A good site to find employment is www.seek.com.au. When applying for jobs, its a good idea to focus more on the regional parts of the country as theres more skill shortage in those areas. Employer sponsored migration is the easiest way in to work check out http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/ for the 457 visas.

2) Another option which you and your family may like to take is to first come to Australia as a student, you can study masters in Accounting or your husband can study a masters course in engineering, most overseas students who come here to study are successful in gaining their permeanent residence. The whole family can come to Australia on a student visa and if any of you is undertaking a Masters course the other is allowed to work full time to ease financial pressure.

I hope this helps smiley

2 Likes

Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by BkY2: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2010
Thank u very much.I will start with the job seach immediately.I gain admission last year in one of the University but it was difficult to get visa due to the amount the Embsy needed to be in my account.I will be grateful if you have other information to share with me thanks.
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2012
Connie001: Thank you Owokunle for your enquiry.

The Australian Government is going through an overhaul of its immigration system, chances are if you apply for an offshore independent skilled migration visa (176) it will be rejected. After reading through, i can recommend two options for you and your family to migrate to Australia. 1) All type of engineers are in demand in Australia. I believe your husband has a good chance of securing employment here, if he has gained a number of years of work experience in his field. If this is the case, let him start applying for jobs in Australia first before worrying about visas, in most cases an employer can sort out his visa for him and his family. A good site to find employment is www.seek.com.au. When applying for jobs, its a good idea to focus more on the regional parts of the country as theres more skill shortage in those areas. Employer sponsored migration is the easiest way in to work check out http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/ for the 457 visas.

2) Another option which you and your family may like to take is to first come to Australia as a student, you can study masters in Accounting or your husband can study a masters course in engineering, most overseas students who come here to study are successful in gaining their permeanent residence. The whole family can come to Australia on a student visa and if any of you is undertaking a Masters course the other is allowed to work full time to ease financial pressure.

I hope this helps smiley

Hi Connie001, Pls how best can I go about obtaining student visa for australia. If you are into such as an outright business/consultancy, do let me know. thnx.
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by amattahcj(m): 11:09am On Aug 29, 2012
Connie001: I have lived in Australia for years now and may be able to provide you with general information. First of all, what is your profession? Getting a visa to Australia is not easy, if your skills are currently in demand, you stand a better chance.
please i'm about processing my visa to Australia, i'm going to Launceston Tasmania. I need ur advice......
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by dotcomnamename: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
Connie001: Thank you Owokunle for your enquiry.

I hope this helps smiley

Hi Connie001, what about if someone is an Underwriter Insurance and has worked in Insurance Company for over 7 years in Nigeria and still working to date in Nigeria, is such person stand better chance getting job and work permit? Pls can such perosn go about it and apply? Thanks.
Re: Getting Australian Work Visa by justwise(m): 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2012
This is the main Australian visa thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1032530/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries. Please Let's keep the inquires in one thread. Thanks.

(1)

Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death / FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports / High-speed Electric Trains Ferries Muslims During Hajj Pilgrimage In Saudi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.