Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake (5220 Views)

Keneth Okonkwo Denies Planning To Return To APC, Says It Is Fake News / Opinion: Do You Think Osibanjo Will Be A Good President? / Picture Of Atiku Watching The Falcons Game Is Fake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 03, 2019
aonag:

watch this video very carefully:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1091882828189585408

I have watched it.... The pilot didn't land the helicopter the right way.... He should have reduce speed or even brig it to a hault while its hovering get a ballance first before dropping the engine or even turn off the speed
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by haladadon: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2019
GraGra247:
If you can't tell us why the hell Osinbanjo or any sensible human being will stage such a thing then you are totally out of your blinded mind.

to get sympathy votes and to make the gullible think it was God that saved him meanwhile it was just a helicopter stunt.

Note that he was supposed to be flying on a military helicopter cuz he's the VP

here is the definition of sympathy votes from Cambridge dictionary of English.

Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 03, 2019
aonag:

watch this video very carefully:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1091882828189585408

I have....

I haven't piloted real heli but I have made this mistake in a pc helicopters simulator.... There's no much difference
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by haladadon: 10:28am On Feb 03, 2019
argue with you phone
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by haladadon: 10:38am On Feb 03, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by Jakumo(m): 10:43am On Feb 03, 2019
SalamRushdie:
I doubt anything sinister was amiss , from the position of the crashed chopper I can tell the chopper was actually coming in for a scheduled landing but came in what is called a hard landing make it to hit the ground hard bouncing off the ground causing that loss of main rotor and tail rotor orientation which would cause one of the blades of the main rotor to clip the ground and throw that helicopter either into a cartwheel flip or flip it on its side ( like what the pic shows)..

Suspect Causes of Hard Landing in a chopper..

1 Poor piloting : I doubt this will be the case here as Pilots that fly VIP presidential helicopters are some of the bestvand most careful helicopters pilots you will find as their training makes the fly the chopper in a very comfortable and safe manner for the VIPs to enjoy .

2 Loss of main rotor power at decent : this is a situation where the helicopter loses engine power and comes in for a controlled crash decent using Auto-rotation but I also doubt this because it's seems the chopper had actually reached it's pre destined LZ ( Landing site) before the crash.

3 Wind Shear : is a situation where a powerful downward draft of wind hits a chopper as it decends increasing the speed of decent suddenly beyond the control of the pilot causing a hard landing .. From the pictures of the LZ is see I believe Number 3 might have been the culprit because is see ample space favourable for rogue wind shear.

Mr. Rushdie's knowledge of helicopter flight is evident in this post, and in the post that followed it. Having read through all other opinions expressed thus far as thus topic grows to 3 pages, there are precious few other respondents commenting here, who have even the most basic understanding of rotary wing aerodynamics. For as long as VIP's find themselves aboard helicopters that crash, conspiracy theorists will never run out of material to feast on, like so many vultures gathering around a buffalo carcass out on the unforgiving Serengeti Plains.

Thank you Mr. Rushdie, for cutting through the fog of misinformation that beclouds the thinking of so many internet warriors and armchair aviators who commented on this incident. Speaking of fog, may I add my humble speculation that the pilot in all likelihood became disoriented by the whirlwind of thick dust kicked up by the helicopter's downdraft, and in those critical seconds, misjudged his distance to the ground, sank too fast, and was thus sucked down by his own rotor wash, in the phenomenon known as "Vortex Ring State", which incidentally also caused the crash of a US military Blackhawk helicopter deployed during the special forces raid on the Bin Laden compound in Pakistan some years back.

So, my layman's speculation, for all it is worth, is that the Nigerian VP's helicopter crash-landed due to the extremely dusty landing site that was chosen, perhaps because there simply was no other suitable landing site available in that desert area of Northern Nigeria that he was visiting on the fateful day. An incident like this would be enough to induce a fear of flying in lesser men than VP Osinbajo.

Good to see the VP climbing out alive and intact. It is safe to presume that from now on, VP Osinbajo will become a lot more selective about where he travels by helicopter, and about who is at the controls of his assigned bird.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by SalamRushdie: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2019
Jakumo:

Mr. Rushdie's knowledge of helicopter flight is evident in this post, and the one that followed it. Having read through all other opinions expressed thus far as thus topic grows to 3 pages, there are precious few other respondents thus far who have even the most basic understanding of rotary wing aerodynamics.

Thank you Mr. Rushdie, for cutting through the fog of misinformation that beclouds the thinking of so many internet warriors and armchair aviators who commented on this incident. Speaking of fog, may I add my humble speculation that the pilot in all likelihood became disoriented by the whirlwind of thick dust kicked up by the helicopter's downdraft, and in those critical seconds, misjudged his distance to the ground, sank too fast, and was thus sucked down by his own rotor wash, in the phenomenon known as "Vortex Ring State", which incidentally also caused the crash of a US military Blackhawk helicopter deployed during the special forces raid on the Bin Laden compound in Pakistan some years back.

So, my layman's speculation, for all it is worth, is that the Nigerian VP's helicopter crash-landed due to the extremely dusty landing site that was chosen, perhaps because there simply was no other suitable landing site available in that desert area of Northern Nigeria that he was visiting on the fateful day. An incident like this would be enough to induce a fear of flying in lesser men than VP Osinbajo.

Good to see the VP climbing out alive and intact. It is safe to presume that from now on, VP Osinbajo will become a lot more selective about where he travels by helicopter, and about who is at the controls of his assigned bird.

true similar to the Black hawk that went down at Abbottabad during the raid to take out Osama Bin Laden ..Thank You Sir

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by haladadon: 10:58am On Feb 03, 2019
A pilot who's flying the VP won't make that wrong calculation. I can give it to the Black hawk guy due to the emergency situation (Bin laden), but when you fly a helicopter you can mentally "calculate" the ground which your going to land.

What about helicopters that land at night then what will you guys say about that.
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by disturbedman: 11:05am On Feb 03, 2019
haladadon:
disturbedman

do you know what a helicopter crash means?

that was a stunt to get sympathy from dumbasses like you.

If a vehicle crashes or someone crashes it, it is involved in an accident, usually a serious one in which the vehicle is damaged and someone is hurt:

the watchword there is HURT

CAMBRIDGE DICTIONARY OF ENGLISH

NOTE OSIBANJO WAS NOT HURT, NO ONE WAS HURT

he was going about his business tweeting

any helicopter pilot could perform that stunt.

Shaking my head for una. Na God go deliver una from the hate wey dey una heart.
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by haladadon: 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
disturbedman:

Shaking my head for una. Na God go deliver una from the hate wey dey una heart.

it had always been fake.

I was right all along

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/02/osinbajo-crashed-helicopter-not-ours-says-naf/amp/

Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by haladadon: 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2019
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by haladadon: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
excerpt from daily post.

A statement by his spokesman, Laolu Akande, said Osinbajo departed Abuja around 1pm on a Chopper ride to Kogi State in continuation of the Family Chats & Next Level engagements.

He said: “Prof. Osinbajo headed first to Kabba, and while landing at the Kabba Stadium, the Helicopter suddenly skidded sideways until it halted on its side few metres away from the intended resting spot.

unquote: the helicopter did not crash, it just moved some few spot.
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by haladadon: 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
the question now is who put that video on the net to whip up sympathy if not APC MONSTERS.

I Stand by what I said
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by PFRB: 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2019
BrockSamson:

How close to the ground do you think a helicopter would need to be to fall, tilt 90 degrees and sustain no damage. Tell me 10, 20, 30 metres?

Remember its blades are still in full motion, so it won’t fall straight down; it would spin. The blades hitting the ground would cause most of the damage. In this scenario enough damage wasn’t even done to the ground in these pictures. We can’t even find the blades in the pictures we have seen, did the whole thing detach and disappear? My point is this your scenario is out of the question too, the occupants should tell us exactly what happened cause that is definitely no crash.

The damaged blades are there for all to see.
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by PFRB: 1:43pm On Feb 03, 2019
Jakumo: Thank you Mr. Rushdie, for cutting through the fog of misinformation that beclouds the thinking of so many internet warriors and armchair aviators who commented on this incident. Speaking of fog, may I add my humble speculation that the pilot in all likelihood became disoriented by the whirlwind of thick dust kicked up by the helicopter's downdraft, and in those critical seconds, misjudged his distance to the ground, sank too fast, and was thus sucked down by his own rotor wash, in the phenomenon known as "Vortex Ring State", which incidentally also caused the crash of a US military Blackhawk helicopter deployed during the special forces raid on the Bin Laden compound in Pakistan some years back.

Yes. I think the whirl wind of dust caused the pilot to lose all that he needed at that critical time of landing. So he must have dropped rapidly and that cause a punch in or slant landing.
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by BrockSamson: 5:17pm On Feb 03, 2019
PFRB:

Yes. I think the whirl wind of dust caused the pilot to lose all that he needed at that critical time of landing. So he must have dropped rapidly and that cause a punch in or slant landing.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2019/02/03/osinbajo-presidency-explains-helicopter-crashed-identifies-people-board/amp/

Now this i can believe, not helicopter crashed and Osinbajo survived cause he is super-man abi. Anyways thank God for his life cheesy grin
Re: Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake by haladadon: 6:51am On Feb 05, 2019
yes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo / Police Arraigns Igbos Who Vandalised And Looted Lagos State / NEMA Warns Of Famine As Farmers Flee Boko Haram Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.