Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,847 members, 7,979,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 10:26 PM

4good's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4good's Profile / 4good's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 11 pages)

Politics / Re: FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others by 4good(m): 3:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
@
I understand the proposals, but i dont know the implications. Will it make admission easier for the poorly connected? Because my mind is telling me something else

Hey! let the poorly connected study well. All we are saying is that the exam environment/condtions become fairly equal. So there is no point talking about CONNECTION again. If nobody cheats then the highest score becomes the reference. We should expect say, 220 as the cut-off for medicine, depending on general performance in a well-monitored entrance exam.

Another good part, once you are not sure of your chances after an exam, you will be on the look-out for the next school that will sell Entrance form so you can apply. And it goes on and on.
Politics / Re: FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others by 4good(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
@
Please to everyone mentioning merit admission as one of the benefit of this new policy then i have some questions to ask.

1) What happens to admission based on catchment areas and different cut off points in place right now?.

2) What about these so called educationally less developed states and the need to reserve a certain quota for students from these states?.

3) What about schools cooperating to conduct exams that is valid in all of these schools ?.

[b]Hello bro/sis, let me attempt to answer these questions

1.) Catchment area admission policy is not in any way going to be affected. The thing most of the schools will do is to consider a slightly lower cut-off mark for candidates from the catchment areas. If you outrightly beat the cut-off of a course for any school you applied to, you can be sure that you will be offered admission. Do not forget that for every Entrance Exam conducted JAMB will now have the list of the applicants, their scores and then the various cut-offs of each department. So, there is no way you will exceed the cut-off and be left out of the admission list.

2.) About the so called educationally less developed states and the need to reserve a certain quota for students from those states. This will be based on what policy JAMB puts in place to govern all institutions about this type of case. But surely, they will still be taken care of.

3.) Schools cooperating to conduct exams that is valid: No school Vice Chancellor will want his/her name soiled. They will definitely have no hiding place as JAMB will now be their EFCC to oversee (as king of external observer) all the Entrance Exam activities.
What I foresee is serious competition of exam standards.
Also, I do not see a group of schools coming together to conduct same Entrance Exams. Those Professors will never agree.
IT PROMISES TO BE VERY INTERSTING[/b]
Politics / Re: FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others by 4good(m): 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
[b]As a graduate of Elect/Eletct. Engineering, an Enterprenuer and a CEO of one of the Organisations Accredited by JAMB for Online UTME registration since it started, I talk authoritatively in support of this plan to scrap JAMB from the following facts:

1.) JAMB does not have enough personnels to undertake the task of conducting Exam for the huge no of candidates
ii.) JAMB does not have adequate facilities to undertake the task of conducting Exam for the huge no of candidates
iii.)It is impossible for JAMB to do a thorough supervision of Exams conducted at too many locations.
iv.) JAMB still hires corrupt Individuals (teachers, letcurers, etc) to conduct exams on its behalf
v.) (iv) above leads to malpractices that is almost becoming the norm in UTME
vi) Candidates do no longer read as they only make sure they go to Exam centres with enough money to give to supervisors
vii) As many as the number of Exam centres so is the no of standards or conditions under which students write exams.

JAMB-UTME is not just in any way effective and can never be effective in conducting credible exams for all nigerian students

The only way out is to scrap UTME and allow the Universities conduct their Entrance Examinations under a SINGLE supervisory agency or body such as JAMB.

I am very sure that when this is done, it will now be a matter of EGO for a Tertiary Institution to allow her Entrance Exam Questions leak. The particular school where instance(s) of leackage(s) is/are found should be brought to book by JAMB and other relevant agencies.

Benefits of scraping UTME

i.) Examinations will definitely be better monitored since exams takes place right their on the schools campuses
ii.) Examinations will definitely be better coordinated since each school will use their own staff to supervise
iii.) Schools can also choose whether to use Essay + Objectives OR the normal OBJ questions for their exams
iv.) Schools can now generate legitimate money from selling Entrance forms
v.) Candidates will be forced to be more serious with their studies
vi) Admission will be easier as a candidate can now write as many Entrance Exams as possible
vii.) Admissions will then be more "BY MERIT"
viii.) When the standard of Entrance Exams and Coordination are raised it will definitely tell on students attitudes in Secondary schools.
ix.) Also as an academician, most lecturers I know would ensure strict compliance in Exam halls during Entance Exams.
x.) This will ensure that the very serious students gain admission which will eventually produce BETTER QUALITY OF GRADUATES FROM OUR TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS.

[/b]

2 Likes

Politics / Re: FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others by 4good(m): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
[b]As a graduate of Elect/Eletct. Engineering, an Enterprenuer and a CEO of one of the Organisations Accredited by JAMB for Online UTME registration since it started, I talk authoritatively in support of this plan to scrap JAMB from the following facts:

1.) JAMB does not have enough personnels to undertake the task of conducting Exam for the huge no of candidates
ii.) JAMB does not have adequate facilities to undertake the task of conducting Exam for the huge no of candidates
iii.)It is impossible for JAMB to do a thorough supervision of Exams conducted at too many locations.
iv.) JAMB still hires corrupt Individuals (teachers, letcurers, etc) to conduct exams on its behalf
v.) (iv) above leads to malpractices that is almost becoming the norm in UTME
vi) Candidates do no longer read as they only make sure they go to Exam centres with enough money to give to supervisors
vii) As many as the number of Exam centres so is the no of standards or conditions under which students write exams.

JAMB-UTME is not just in any way effective and can never be effective in conducting credible exams for all nigerian students

The only way out is to scrap UTME and allow the Universities conduct their Entrance Examinations under a SINGLE supervisory agency or body such as JAMB.

I am very sure that when this is done, it will now be a matter of EGO for a Tertiary Institution to allow her Entrance Exam Questions leak. The particular school where instance(s) of leackage(s) is/are found should be brought to book by JAMB and other relevant agencies.

Benefits of scraping UTME

i.) Examinations will definitely be better monitored since exams takes place right there on the schools campuses
ii.) Examinations will definitely be better coordinated since each school will use their own staff to supervise
iii.) Schools can also choose whether to use Essay + Objectives OR the normal OBJ questions for their exams
iv.) Schools can now generate legitimate money from selling Entrance forms
v.) Candidates will be forced to be more serious with their studies
vi) Admission will be easier as a candidate can now write as many Entrance Exams as possible
vii.) Admissions will then be more "BY MERIT"
viii.) When the standard of Entrance Exams and Coordination are raised it will definitely tell on students attitudes in Secondary schools.
ix.) Also as an academician, most lecturers I know would ensure strict compliance in Exam halls during Entance Exams.
x.) This will ensure that the very serious students gain admission which will eventually produce BETTER QUALITY OF GRADUATES FROM OUR TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS.

[/b]

6 Likes

Computers / Softwares That Can Monitor Document Scanners by 4good(m): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
Please, does anyone here have an idea on how we can monitor scannings in our office. We need a software that will help us know stuff like how many scanns per day, possibly time of scanning, etc. Thanks in advance for your helpful contributions.
Phones / Re: How Much Do You Spend On Recharge Card Daily? by 4good(m): 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
Sincerely speaking it is between N200-N600 daily as a business man. And it is because my rates on MTN and Etisalat are both N12 per minute to any network.
Forum Games / Re: Start A Sentence With The Last Word Of The Previous Poster by 4good(m): 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
Bad news spread faster than good news
NYSC / Does NYSC Allow Pregnant Ladies To Serve? by 4good(m): 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
Please, I like to be sure if NYSC allow Pregnant ladies to Serve. Any details about this special case. I also like to know the AGE at which one is no longer eligible to serve. Thanks in advance for your useful comments.
Religion / Re: Feed On His Word By Pastor Adeboye by 4good(m): 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
1 Corinth. 2:14
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned"

I guess the moderators need not block anybody's post or comment. Our posts and responses tell others our attitudes to things and who we are and most importantly it helps the servants of God here to know how well people are receiving God's word so we know how to intensify our efforts at preaching and teaching.

Not all of us are beleivers (if not Jesus would have come back). Not all of us know what/who we beleive. Not all Nairalanders know why they should even beleive in Jesus Christ. So, please, let the forum be open to all and sundry to comment on anything expecially that has to do with salvation.
God bless this forum and its moderators.

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye by 4good(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
[b]Many of those who say they do not want the word of God on a particular site are limiting the spread of God.

A man who limits God limits his/her destiny. It is written "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path - Prov 3:6'
Where then do we get true direction if not from God's word?

Every other post we read on NL gives us information and most of these do not really add to us in any way.

[size=16pt]Why do we celebrate information and despise divine direction/wisdom?[/size]

But "the word of God will Heal us, Keep us, Guide us, Correct us, Build us, Fight for us, Change us, Help us, Profit us in every aspect of our lives. The word of God is God. Psalm 107:20, Heb 4:2

Are we saying we dont want God on NL?
Are we resisting God?
Are we limiting God?
Are we pursuing God away from this forum?

[size=14pt]May God have mercy on everyone who has contributed directly or indirectly to resisting HIM on this forum[/size].

Whatsoever a man soweth so shall he reap. A man who limits God is hopeless.

So, repent now and be forgiven. God bless us all who fear Him.
[/b]

1 Like

Business / Re: The IPS To Use In A Cybercafe by 4good(m): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
I advise that you check the other Cafes already existing in your area to see the ISP they patronize. Please dont gamble with your hard earned money ooo.
However, there is no such thing as "Best ISP". You only try and get the ISP that is currently doing well in your area and subscribe. At any time "t" and without prior notice that "Best" ISP may develop problem and you will soon have to determine the next "Best" ISP to patronize. This is the reality of today's cafe business. Best of luck.
Business / Opportunities For Smes Investment In The Privatized PHCN Units by 4good(m): 2:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
As an ambitious enterpreneur, I have been brainstorming to get possible areas where Small Scale Businesses can benefit from the PHCN privatization when completed finally. What are the areas where we can possibly invest and what skills or basic will be required in the privatised PHCN operations. Thanks
Family / Correct Motives For Women Getting Good Western Education & Certficates by 4good(m): 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
A Christian women leader once said that ladies should ensure they get good education and certificates so they will not fall into the group of wives that any husband will be beating or maltreated. I QUITE DISAGREE. I think that would be a very wrong motive for getting good education and certificates. I have seen well-learned ladies who are not just beaten but now divorcees. PLS LET ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FOR ALL TO LEARN

- What really (is)are the major cause(s) of (one-time nice) husbands turning out to eventually raising their hands on thier wives?
- Is it because of lack of good western education leading to certificate(s) or Good home education?
- What should be the good motive of a woman getting good western education and certificates?

Please married men and women on NL, let's return mature comments. Thanks.
Family / Re: Christian Couples Vs Muslim Couples by 4good(m): 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
@k2039
Show me two marriages that exhibit similar trend in a particular religion.

If truly religion is a true reflection of marriage, then religious marriages should be the most successfull.

Going to church and mosque is just a routine for most people, it really has no effect on their personality.

I quite agree with your words now. However a comparison could still be made on a general level considering those who profess to be either christians or muslims. This is another way of measuring the effects of religion teachings on people. In essense, IN REAL LIFE, WHAT HAVE YOU WITNESSED? THAT IS WHAT I NEED YOU TO SHARE. Thanks.
Family / Re: Christian Couples Vs Muslim Couples by 4good(m): 8:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
@k2039
Marriage is based on the individuals involved and not their religion

But religion has proven to have so much influence on the choice of who we marry or desire to marry. Majority of us profess we are muslims or christians. I beleive that religion teachings have gone a long way in the making of many of us. I beleive that we cannot be separated from our beliefs. OR Do we just go to Church or Mosque or profess Christians and Muslims just for the fun of it? Even at the registry The Bible or The Quran is usually used to join intending couples together. Come on let's be practical here. If you are a muslim or a christian tell us your experience from your relationships or those of others you have seen.
Family / Christian Couples Vs Muslim Couples by 4good(m): 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2012
I need nairalanders who are married or have observed various marriages / homes, whether christian or muslim to share their experiences here as we compare these 2 mariages in practical terms.

1.)
Muslim wives, Christian wives

Which ones are more submissive to their husbands? Why?
Which wives tend to be more arrogant and stubborn? Why?

2.)
Christian husband, Muslim Husband
Which ones love their wives more? Why?
Which ones show less love to their wives? Why?

3.)
Christian Marriage, Muslim Marriage
Who suffers most in a marriage? (a)Christian husband (b)Muslim Husband c)Christian wives d)Muslim wives
Which marriages have higher divorce rates? Muslim/Christian

Please be 100%practical in your responses.
Jokes Etc / Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by 4good(m): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
@ Akiika
Check out this:

How much older than me are you?
Educational Services / Re: Secrets Of Smashing JAMB With High Scores by 4good(m): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
[b]As part of our effort at ensuring that Business Centres and Cafe owners find this year's JAMB registration easy, we at Eslek Enterprises have taken it upon ourselves to make available at your door step every equipment you need to easily and successfully register your candidates in hundreds this year.

We have in stock NOW:

Digital Personal Thumbprint Scanner (Limited Copies)
JAMB software CD (prerequisite and Offline - no need of license) "ALL" for just a token

In addition
We set up your system(s) for 2013 Jamb registration (Online & Offline)
We also teach you how to reinstall in-case of system failure or formatting
You also get real-time support throughout 2013 JAMB-UTME registration
We will also give you tips that will guarantee you good number of candidates during the registration

Call from anywhere within Lagos 07039789554 or 07066439566 or 07042218544

For those outside Lagos we can only get across to you the JAMB CD(no licence required) through your e-mail after your request.

OR

Visit Eslek Enterprises 5, Jebutu Street, Agodo-Egbe, Lagos OR
Eslek Enterprises, 19, Alhaja Shitu Street, Off Ade-Ade B/S, Abaranje, Ikotun, Lagos.[/b]
Education / Re: Is Jamb2013/2014 Out by 4good(m): 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
[b]As part of our effort at ensuring that Business Centres and Cafe owners find this year's JAMB registration easy, we at Eslek Enterprises have taken it upon ourselves to make available at your door step every equipment you need to easily and successfully register your candidates in hundreds this year.

We have in stock NOW:

JAMB software CD (prerequisite and Offline - no need of license) "ALL" for just a token

In addition
We will also give you tips that will guarantee you good number of candidates during the registration

For those outside Lagos we can only get across to you the JAMB CD(no licence required) through your e-mail after your request.

OR

Eslek Enterprises, 19, Alhaja Shitu Street, Off Ade-Ade B/S, Abaranje, Ikotun, Lagos.[/b]
Education / Re: JAMB Computer Based Test - Try It Out NOW! by 4good(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2012

We have in stock NOW:

In addition

OR

Education / Re: Thread To Deliberate On UTME Format As Proposed By JAMB by 4good(m): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2012

We have in stock NOW:

In addition

OR

Education / Re: 2013 Utme E-reg Finally Out by 4good(m): 11:54am On Nov 10, 2012

We have in stock NOW:

In addition

OR

Education / Re: Picture Of 2013 UTME Scratch Card by 4good(m): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2012

We have in stock NOW:

In addition

OR

Education / Re: Jamb Fingerprint Scanner & Offline Licence by 4good(m): 11:48am On Nov 10, 2012

We have in stock NOW:

In addition

OR

Adverts / Re: Jamb Set To Commence 2013/2014 Registration by 4good(m): 11:46am On Nov 10, 2012

We have in stock NOW:

In addition

OR

Education / Re: 2016|2017 NORTH AMERICAN UNI AND REPUBLIC DU BENIN UNIVERSITY by 4good(m): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2012

We have in stock NOW:

In addition

OR

1 Like

Education / Re: JAMB To Introduce Computer-based Testing In 2013 by 4good(m): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2012

We have in stock NOW:

In addition

OR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 11 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.