Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,544 members, 7,968,562 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 09:23 AM

4somm's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4somm's Profile / 4somm's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Car Talk / Re: Fact Or Myth: Can Cellphone Cause Explosion At A Filling Station? by 4somm: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
All these are grammatical nonsense. I know at least two people who have died by this. one was using it in the kitchen while cooking and the other at the gas station. Theory is good but now i'm talking reality. there are lots of Chinese knock-offs phones in the market now.

What are the things to be kept in mind while buying mobile phones?
Buy a branded phone as far as possible. Ensure that the phone has a proper IMEI number, which is a code that identifies each phone. Check that the number on the phone corresponds to that on the box and receipts.
It is considered wise to check the accessories such as earphones, battery and charger. Make sure the battery description such as voltage value matches with that of the charger to avoid overcharging which sometimes lead to explosion of handset. (https://www.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/Why-do-cellphones-explode-and-how-to-prevent-it/articleshow/32100765.cms)
Politics / Re: Please, Is Nigeria A Country Or A Company? by 4somm: 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
Probably a comodity grin
Business / Re: Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? by 4somm: 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2011
Ok, i do the same thing. when i first started last year , i did not make a lot of gains, but i've now discovered some online wholesalers, such as:
wholesalefashionsquare.com (now has a flat shipping rate within USA)
Blvapparel.com
1fashionclothing.com
Apparelus.com ( lots of coupon codes)
Primetimeclothing.com (a little expensive for me though)

there are a whole lots of them , but these are the ones i have personally used. And they all offer free shipping on all orders $300 and above.

If this is helpful, let me know. Gd Luck!

1 Like

Business / Re: Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? by 4somm: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2011
Try Hitec courie. I use then here in New Jersey.

ATLANTA, GEORGIA branch:

4340 North Henry Blvd,

Stockbridge GA 30281

Phone: 678-814-4884

Fax:678-814-4885

Hours: Monday - Friday: 10am - 6pm, Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Business / Re: Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? by 4somm: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
I'm sure you must have gotten the answer you needed by now. I just came accross the quest, then said i'll reply anyway.

Have you tried Hitec Courie? They have branches across the country including Chicago. I'm in NJ, i use them here. This is their add in chicago:

CHICAGO OFFICE:

6351 North Claremont Ave.

Chicago, Illinois 60659

Phone: 773-612-7855, 773-961-7629

Fax: 773-961-8314

Hours: Wednesday - Friday: 5pm - 8pm, Saturday: 10am - 4pm

If this answer is helpful, let me know. GD luck!
Celebrities / Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by 4somm: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2011
oh did Obasanjo speak Yoruba at Int'l gathering? Did not hear that, but if there was no interpreter, then that was a wrong thing to do regardless of how much you promote your culture.  
Talking about Nollywoods and cultural patriotism, you can agree that the movies are view worldwide. If made in tavie language, the current viewers will be less than 1/10 than what is is now. Culture is more than language. there is belief system, food, dressing, and general life style. How do you show or 'promote' those other cutural values speaking your own language.

yoruba movies are for yorubas, ibo movies are for ibos, but when made in english, it becomes general, period.
Politics / Time For Change In Niaja! by 4somm: 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2011
CAN THE YOUTH OF THIS GENERATION DEMAND CHANGE OR WILL THEY CONTINUE TO SHAMELESSLY AND COWARDLY TAKE WHATEVER THEY SEE. WHEN WILL UNEMPLOYMENT, LACK OF POWER SUPPLY, MALPRACTICE IN THE UNIVERSITIES, MILITARY/POLICE BRUTALITY, and LAWLESSNESS,  etc, BE HISTORY IN OUR BELOVED BLESSED NATION?

DOES IT BOTHER ANYONE AT-ALL OR ARE WE COMFORTABLE WITH BEING SLAVES IN OUR OWN COUNTRY? IF NOBODY SPEAKS, NOTHING CHANGES. ACTION IS NEEDED AND IT IS NEEDED NOW. YOU MIGHT THINK EVERYTHING IS FINE FOR YOU B/COS YOU GO TO WORK/COME BACK AND HAVE INTERNET YOUR HOMES. WHAT IS THE MONEY ALLOCATED TO UR STATE BEING USED FOR, CAN U CAL THE POLICE DURING ANY FORM OF ATTACK AND HAVE THEM TO YOUR RESCUE? IT’S TIME WE STOOD UP FOR OUR RIGHTS AND DEMAND CHANGE.[/color]

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.