Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,009 members, 7,949,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:11 AM

Brazilian Kanu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazilian Kanu (1612 Views)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Brazilian Referee Beheaded By Fans For Killing Player!! / Why Are We Shedding Tears For Yekini? – Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian Kanu by AloyEmeka5: 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2010
He plays for Anderlerch RSC and his name is Kanu yet he is Brazilian. Is he Naija born throway or what?

[img]http://www.rsca.be/photodbase/articles/kanu-itw/kanu2.jpg[/img]
Re: Brazilian Kanu by 12large: 1:34am On Aug 20, 2010
no i think there is kanu in brazil, is just like one player called Obina his also brazilian
Re: Brazilian Kanu by shanda(m): 7:11am On Aug 20, 2010
There are descendants of Yoruba and Igbo slaves in Brazil, names like that are common in some part of Brazil.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by honeric01(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2010
Yes and we also have alot of Nigerians living in Brazil too.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by yousouph(m): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2010
Nigerians everywhere and the name is obviously Nigerian origin.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by smile4kenn(m): 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2010
his pic

Re: Brazilian Kanu by adexchamp(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
He probably is kanu's brother you never can tell because he really does look like him
Re: Brazilian Kanu by mamagee3(f): 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2010
It's just a name coincidence. . .

I don't think it has anything to do with the Nigerian Kanu.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by AloyEmeka5: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2010
adexchamp:

He probably is kanu's brother you never can tell because he really does look like him

He is not related to Kanu.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by mamagee3(f): 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
adexchamp:

Did you read the line that says he's brazilian?

So, how did you come up with this conclusion? undecided
Re: Brazilian Kanu by chelseabmw(m): 3:52am On Aug 21, 2010
he is still a nigerian
Re: Brazilian Kanu by asha80(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2010
12large:

no i think there is kanu in brazil, is just like one player called Obina his also brazilian

that Obinna is actually a nigerian.he went to my secondary school in owerri.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by chelseabmw(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2010
asha 80:

lol
Re: Brazilian Kanu by honeric01(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2010
What if he was caught committing crime, are you guys still going to claim him as a Nigerian? undecided
Re: Brazilian Kanu by Sagamite(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2010
Nwankwo Kanu is a very popular player in Brazil after the 1996 Olympics.

He is highly respected for his skill, technique and football intelligence down there as that is the kind of attributes most aspire to have and is admired in Brazil.

Due to this popularity, a few people started choosing his name as their nickname especially if they are a tall and lanky player.

The guy is Brazilian, he just uses Kanu's name as a nickname.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by 12large: 1:56am On Aug 23, 2010
sagamite is that your opinion or facts, because i know the way nigerians make stuff up. example 'ronaldinho said that okocha taught him most of his skills' this is what nigerians made up and i taught it was true but searched the whole internet to check if ronaldinho actually said that unfortunately it was a big lie.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by Sagamite(m): 4:19am On Aug 23, 2010
12large:

sagamite is that your opinion or facts, because i know the way nigerians make stuff up. example 'ronaldinho said that okocha taught him most of his skills' this is what nigerians made up and i taught it was true but searched the whole internet to check if ronaldinho actually said that unfortunately it was a big lie.

You even typed my name, so it shows you are aware who made the assertion, AND you still feel the need to ask whether it is fact?  shocked

Na wah o!

[url=http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ca&u=http://ca.wikilingue.com/fr/Rubenilson_esquena_Santos_da_Rocha&ei=teZxTPjZGOPT4wb9x7GPCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ7gEwADgU&prev=/search%3Fq%3DAnderlecht%2BKanu%2BRubenilson%2BNwankwo%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DgS3%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26prmd%3Ddf]Rubenilson back Santos Rocha's profile[/url]

[url=http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx%3Farticleid%3DG022LP013&ei=teZxTPjZGOPT4wb9x7GPCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBsQ7gEwATgU&prev=/search%3Fq%3DAnderlecht%2BKanu%2BRubenilson%2BNwankwo%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DgS3%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26prmd%3Ddf]"I slept under the bridge to be a footballer"[/url]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubenilson_dos_Santos_da_Rocha (Note the height)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleiton_Janu%C3%A1rio_Franco (Note the height)
Re: Brazilian Kanu by Ibime(m): 8:03am On Aug 23, 2010
There was another Brazilian Kanu before this one sef. . . obviously an after effect of Atlanta 96 when Kanu taught the Brazilians a lesson. . .

asha 80:

Brazilian Obinna is spelt Obina. . . . you probably mean Victor Obinna Nsofor who was once played in Brazil with Internacional. . .
Re: Brazilian Kanu by asha80(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2010
Ibime:

There was another Brazilian Kanu before this one sef. . . obviously an after effect of Atlanta 96 when Kanu taught the Brazilians a lesson. . .

Brazilian Obinna is spelt Obina. . . . you probably mean Victor Obinna Nsofor who was once played in Brazil with Internacional. . .

Ibime it is not Obinna Nsofor.I have seen the face of the Obinna'Obina' in a match shown on dstv.He went to my secondary school and i am aware of when he travelled to Brazil.The 'Obina' written os his shirt is immaterial
Re: Brazilian Kanu by Ibime(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2010
asha 80:

Ibime it is not Obinna Nsofor.I have seen the face of the Obinna'Obina' in a match shown on dstv.He went to my secondary school and i am aware of when he travelled to Brazil.The 'Obina' written os his shirt is immaterial

hehehehe. . . I go soon change your name to Linus. . . . so you mean that Manoel de Brito Filho studied with you in Owerri. . . .hmmm grin
Re: Brazilian Kanu by AloyEmeka5: 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2010
How can somebody idolize Kanu in a country filled with soccer legends?
Re: Brazilian Kanu by 12large: 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2010
aloy- emeka nothing wrong with idolizing kan legend recognize legends, i remember how every nigeria footballe wanted to be like kanu in 1996 also u think is easy in a game that featured ronaldo,rivaldo,bebeto,juninho,carlos kanu was the man of the match he was very worldclass from 1886 to 2004 unfortunately like typical naija footballers they are never consistent with age or performance
Re: Brazilian Kanu by Jarus(m): 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

How can somebody idolize Kanu in a country filled with soccer legends?
Very possible. Kanu is a household name in Brazil, simply because of what he did to them in 1996.
A Nigerian journalist once wrote about how he went to Brazil on journalism assignment, and everybody kept asking about Kanu, on knowing he was a Nigerian everywhere he visited.

Ghanaians will never forget Suarez.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by Jarus(m): 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2010
1886 to 2004?
Re: Brazilian Kanu by asha80(m): 2:21am On Aug 25, 2010
Ibime:

hehehehe. . . I go soon change your name to Linus. . . . so you mean that Manoel de Brito Filho studied with you in Owerri. . . .hmmm grin

Chineke this looks like the Obinna i know i was talking about grin.However this is certainly the Obina i saw on dstv but with his real name now shown to me by you i back down my argurement.
Re: Brazilian Kanu by AloyEmeka5: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
12large:

aloy- emeka nothing wrong with idolizing kan legend recognize legends, i remember how every nigeria footballe wanted to be like kanu in 1996 also u think is easy in a game that featured ronaldo,rivaldo,bebeto,juninho,carlos kanu was the man of the match he was very worldclass from 1886 to 2004 unfortunately like typical naija footballers they are never consistent with age or performance

okay o.

(1) (Reply)

Over Aged Flying Eagles Players Exposed! / Odemwingie Scores Fastest Epl Goal So Far / Nigerian Weightlifter At Olympics ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.