Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,494 members, 7,964,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:16 AM

Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts (14190 Views)

Purchase Runall Car Batteries Locally Instead Of Import,save More Time And Cost / How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles / New stock on Used Toyota Corolla Available @ Jakande Estate Isolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by dante0147: 6:50am On Feb 04, 2019
This guy is just trying to save his business so tokunbo won’t take over his new cars business

2 Likes

Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by symbianDON(m): 6:55am On Feb 04, 2019
funny 'experts'......how can the masses afford brand new cars on a minimum wage of 18k?

2 Likes

Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by TomiSwag(m): 7:07am On Feb 04, 2019
antagonist:

which car did you buy for 1.1m and the duty was 6-700k?

This case is very true. A 2018 Honda accord @ NGN 11.5m. was cleared at NGN 7.4m. I was just dumbfounded undecided
antagonist:

This case is very true. A 2018 Honda accord @ NGN 11.5m. was cleared at NGN 7.4m. I was just dumbfounded
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by largeman4u(m): 7:11am On Feb 04, 2019
This is very wrong. Can a fresh graduate afford even a tokunbo Car?
Please the reduction will help so much. with the minimum wage increase how many of the low income earner can afford a tokunbo car?
Also the smuggling will stop.

Buy your Cars @ www.largemanmotors..com
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by bigpicture001: 7:11am On Feb 04, 2019
damola1:
Who made such a stupid policy?

Since they made it? How has it affected Nigeria’s adoption of locally made vehicles?

How can one buy a 1m car and pay 700k to govt?

Which Nigerian manufacturer sells brand new car for less than 5m?

Again. Who made such stupid policy need to be shot

You are only concern about you and your family,but policy makers ALWAYS look at the BIG PICTURE
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by bigpicture001: 7:12am On Feb 04, 2019
largeman4u:
This is very wrong. Can a fresh graduate afford even a tokunbo Car?
Please the reduction will help so much. with the minimum wage increase how many of the low income earner can afford a tokunbo car?
Also the smuggling will stop.

Buy your Cars @ www.largemanmotors..com

The policy is not made for a fresh gradute..instead it is for the well being of the Nigerian economy
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by bigpicture001: 7:14am On Feb 04, 2019
symbianDON:
funny 'experts'......how can the masses afford brand new cars on a minimum wage of 18k?

Nobody in nigeria with even an NCE graduate that works for the government earns 18k...don't be fooled by the word minimum wage...

Only govt workers with primary school cert earn that...
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by antagonist: 7:16am On Feb 04, 2019
TomiSwag:

This case is very true.
A 2018 Honda accord @ NGN 11.5m.
was cleared at NGN 7.4m.
I was just dumbfounded undecided

This case is very true.
A 2018 Honda accord @ NGN 11.5m.
was cleared at NGN 7.4m.
I was just dumbfounded

you quote me to say the case is very true then you referred to another case different from the one I quoted. shoro niyen?
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by bigpicture001: 7:17am On Feb 04, 2019
contigiency:
I totally disagree with the federal government on this one if this news is true. By such action, they would have simply killed Innoson and other car manufacturers business in Nigeria.

Economicall,politicacally, with intent of national cohesion. Buhari is naija's WORST president ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by ORIENTATION101: 7:17am On Feb 04, 2019
Those experts re very very stupid. What is the impact of locally made cars in the nigerian economy. Is the locallly made cars affordable and Durable. The experts should save us this explanation .Nigeria cannot produce everything it needed. How can imported cars be cheaper than locally made.
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by EazyMoh(m): 7:17am On Feb 04, 2019
I think increase in import duty had nothing to do with local content. The increase in import duty was effected about 2-3years solely to generate more revenue for FG due to the nosedive in oil price.
The local content policy was signed by Jonathan and it did not contain raise in import duty.
Now that Hameed Ali and his boys have realized that the policy has backfired, since people have resorted to smuggling, especially car dealers that want to make large profit; they now decide to ditch the policy.
Dana Air is only here to protect their interest.

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by chido20(m): 7:24am On Feb 04, 2019
grin
Wilstino:

I Boy no go steal people pant ooo, as e dey hungry u so.. grin grin grin
grin
Wilstino:

I Boy no go steal people pant ooo, as e dey hungry u so.. grin grin grin
nah bro
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by GR8ST(m): 7:34am On Feb 04, 2019
Raskasal:

So you mean import duties should be high? When importers have all been lamenting

Which category of importers are lamenting? I wouldn't be shock to hear you say similar thing, if the duties on flour, or frozen food products are removed.

Or let me get a chance to hear you out, how does this help our economy to grow?
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by sniperr007(m): 7:36am On Feb 04, 2019
damola1:

Since they made it? How has it affected Nigeria’s adoption of locally made vehicles?

The policy isn't stupid. It's meant to drive local production,bring auto companies to make their cars in Nigeria.
Long term, it will create jobs, and can help us start exportation of cars to other countries.

But as u know, nothing is straight forward here. They are not encouraging the local manufacturers and slamming heavy tax on them.
Plus no power so cost of manufacturing is very high. Meaning the local cars are expensive

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by TomiSwag(m): 7:48am On Feb 04, 2019
antagonist:

you quote me to say the case is very true then you referred to another case different from the one I quoted. shoro niyen?

well I was quoting you, with reference to the guy you quoted when you asked about clearing a 1.1m cars with 6-700k.

Import duties are terribly high on cars
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by Sholaco: 7:58am On Feb 04, 2019
Anything that would make life easy for the masses will always pose danger to the elites grin
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by SouthSouth1914: 8:10am On Feb 04, 2019
antagonist:

what is this one saying?

Reduction in price equals more quantity demanded! Simple as ABC...
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by computerglobal(m): 8:38am On Feb 04, 2019
cool
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by heendrix(m): 8:46am On Feb 04, 2019
antagonist:

Honda accord 2004
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by computerglobal(m): 8:48am On Feb 04, 2019
The Comptroller-General of Customs, Col Hameed Ali (retd.) has urged the federal government to reduce the 35% levy on imported vehicles , saying the move is necessary to check the rising cases of smuggled vehicles into the country.

Is Your vehicle cleared/smuggled ?
How do i verify custom documents for your vehicle ?

Contact Computerglobal Custom Service to verify custom documents

https://www.nairaland.com/4920896/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom
https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by brodalikeme(m): 8:50am On Feb 04, 2019
All this car companies selling brand new vehicles will never want to see this planned reduction come into effect. Some years back Elizade Motor’s even said that they should be give the sole right to import used Toyota vehicles into Nigeria. Now one kolo man from Dana motors is saying the same thing. The truth is that Nigerian have now resulted to importing accident vehicles just to save cost. These rebuild cars come vith varying degrees of damage that will have short term negative implications.
NIgeria custom is right to propose this reduction. Kudos Col Ali, I’m now your fan.

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by heendrix(m): 8:50am On Feb 04, 2019
antagonist:

You don't have sense TomiSwag was only dropping an instance and is anything wrong with it undecided

senseless pple everywhere sha
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by brodalikeme(m): 8:54am On Feb 04, 2019
symbianDON:

Yes Oo, funny expert thinking with his stomach abi na account balance that is about to reduce. So million should suffer just because of your greed.
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by TheKingIsHere: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2019
Lies.

Was it not reduced before?
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by R0ckefeller: 9:36am On Feb 04, 2019
they should reduce the tariff joor so person can buy new generation cars all those talkatives and stoopid people are just looking for ways they can make money from Nigerians with no disturbance and again made is different from assembled in Nigeria. I don't know why people are so selfish.
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by gentuj: 10:10am On Feb 04, 2019
Ur greed is too much,u want to continue floating even if others sink is not your problem tiko tiko
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by Lunockgold: 10:21am On Feb 04, 2019
Sholaco:
Anything that would make life easy for the masses will always pose danger to the elites grin
my brother u are right thanx that pls.
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by Sgbate(m): 10:34am On Feb 04, 2019
damola1:

My exact thoughts there, how has it helped boost local production of cars from manufacturers like innoson(an assembling company), and how many 'innoson's' do we have BTW?
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by damola1: 11:25am On Feb 04, 2019
bigpicture001:

You are only concern about you and your family,but policy makers ALWAYS look at the BIG PICTURE

The customs that say they should change it. Are looking at my family abi ?
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by revolt(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2019
damola1:

buhsriii8iiiiiii
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by Niell(m): 1:29pm On Feb 04, 2019
I think its mostly for selfish reason that some people dont want it to be reduced. The loss will definitely sting.
Re: Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts by TomiSwag(m): 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
heendrix:

You don't have sense TomiSwag was only dropping an instance and is anything wrong with it undecided

Ah ah! shocked
heendrix:

Ah ah!

We're all having a healthy discussion here, Even the person I quoted didn't take it personal.
You didn't have to say that.

the fact that your commenting on this topic means you're a mature man/woman, you're definitely above 25yrs old or probably married & even with kids

I was expecting a mature character display from you. who knows we might even know each other.

Wow!

Hendrix....please o no insults.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2010 Toyota Camry LE *silver Blade* / 2016 Model Toyota Prado Txl Upgraded To 2020 Model / 1980 Toyota Corolla(first Lady) For Sale - N400k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.