Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,563 members, 7,975,217 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 07:22 PM

Kick Off Your February With Opportunities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kick Off Your February With Opportunities (235 Views)

Strike Suspension: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Kick As FG Moves To Release N40 Billion / Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick / University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kick Off Your February With Opportunities by YossyInfo(f): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hey There! Let me start with the best wishes for you this new month. Just few weeks ago, everyone was buzzing about the new year. Now, we are counting days into the second month of the year. While it is right to say “time flies”, I personally believe that time is neither fast nor slow. Time is what you make out of it.

At Volunteer hub, we are committed to helping you utilise time- the right way. So you do not only count days but you also need to reflect on the productivity and knowledge that comes with each passing day. In line with this commitment, we have chosen to kick off February by sharing some amazing tips that will help you leverage more opportunities in 2019.

Be Definite
There are many opportunities out there but you have to be sure of what you want. This way, you will be able to pursue the best opportunities for you. Take out some time to reflect on your personality, your vision and your ambitions. Find out which of the many opportunities key into your big picture. Then, focus on how to access these opportunities.

When I wanted to start volunteering, I had no clear idea of what I wanted. So, I basically chased after everything. Of course, I was able to get some opportunities but I was never fully satisfied with them because they didn’t key into my big picture. So, I had to step back and find out what exactly I wanted for myself. After this time, I could channel my energy into what was right for me.

Be Realistic
Your choices should go with the realities of your situation. Different opportunities demand varying degrees of commitment from you. For example, an opportunity may require you to carry out physical outreaches every day. As a student, this may not be the right opportunity for you. Subscribing to such cannot turn out well because you are very likely to be unproductive.

Before grabbing an opportunity, be sure that it will turn out productive for all parties.

Build your Network
Opportunities may be everywhere but they still stay hidden. With the right network, however, you will easily connect with the best ones for you. Once you identify the opportunities that realistically work with your vision, you will need to build a circle that can help you access them.

Be sure to attend events and register on platforms that allow you connect with right-minded persons. Build relationships with such persons and be sure that you put yourself out there.

Best Wishes!

By Uzegbu Faith

Source: https://volunteerhubng.com/kick-off-your-february-with-opportunities-by-uzuegbu-faith-chidinma/

Re: Kick Off Your February With Opportunities by YossyInfo(f): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2019
Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Calls Off Nationwide Strike / NOUN Matriculates Over 17,000 Students / KUST Registration Exercise Schedule 2018/2019 For Newly Admitted Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.