Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,933 members, 7,927,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 09:19 PM

What Did You Go Through During your First Two Years In Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Did You Go Through During your First Two Years In Business (207 Views)

Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison / Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years / Lulu-Briggs' Burial Date Announced Two Years After His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Did You Go Through During your First Two Years In Business by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 06, 2019
For me, I tried marketing for firms and having my percentage, I employed two Staffs and i pay them on percentage, I stop the deal when i was told they can only be paying 5% instead of the initial 15% to marketters due to Economy this and that, Even after explaning to the MD I'm not the only one doing this work and I don't share the gain alone, The only things I noticed is that the business will have succeeded if I market for like 5 companies, One company that pays %5 can't let me go further, I diverted into importation at the end of 2016, Computer village Guys show me pepper , How will you tell me to sell a thing of 3000 naira at the price of 1000 naira per commodity , You will think my room is a store, I have 50 pieces of a product I won't mention back then so I managed to sell like 38 via Olx and other selling platform and i sell the rest through connection and friends, and doing home delivery is the only way I can sell , I sold something of three thousand to a guy in lekki, I ended up having like 1,300 at the end of the day, I gave 500 to the guy I sent to deliver the product, There re many set back like that in importation business, If you say you will be charging your customer depending on location you will end up using your product your self, I have like two left since 2017 and I ended up selling one last year ending remaining one now, That was how my bank account almost goes dormant, Na God save me, i will have be among the 41.7 million people with domant account,and I don't think i can sell the remaining one again because it now everywhere, thou I sell at the price I want but it ties my money down, I am off from importation and i already start another business, share your experience.
Re: What Did You Go Through During your First Two Years In Business by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2019
Bitter truth that some people does not seem to understand. I have done mini importation during Jona regime when dollar was even favourable, and I still face the same problem. How to sell fast! I stopped when I realised that importation is more profitable and favourable when you have an offline shop of your own or at least you have a reliable wholesale buyers who run the same biz that you supply to at a reasonable price, not those fo*ls that under price your products.
Now run my own mobile phone and accessories biz.
Most of those guys shouting that they conduct mini importation seminars and earn millions from importation are all frustrated crooks looking for who to pay or buy their useless ebooks.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Go Through During your First Two Years In Business by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2019
Doing business in naija is detrimental to the business owner.

(1) (Reply)

How To Access Union Bank Of Nigeria's Tech Ventures Programme / Odidi24.com Your Number One Media Hub / Brand New Lumen Projectors With Screen & Power Presenter For Sale @ 150k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.