Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,113 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:48 PM

My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries (7656 Views)

Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Olalekank(m): 11:50pm On Feb 10, 2019
wetdick:

LOL, my reality, i am tired of arguing, i just do what i wanna do and i really dont care how people react. that is my reality.
K
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Lotechi(m): 4:52am On Feb 11, 2019
It's a nice piece that should be applauded.
But your usage of "cultural identity and its protection" is what I'm not a fan of.

You protect what is meaningful and proven to have added value.
We both know that while some of our cultural heritage are good and should be promoted, most of them have to go if it will mean greater prosperity for all.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by justwise(m): 6:21am On Feb 11, 2019
wetdick:

LOL, my reality, i am tired of arguing, i just do what i wanna do and i really dont care how people react. that is my reality.

Your choice of moniker explains why you support sexual harassment

4 Likes

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by mikkyphp(m): 11:12pm On Feb 11, 2019
justwise:

Your choice of moniker explains why you support sexual harassment
no need for the ad-hominem.

He is only in support of conservative principles, without it being unduly diluted by post-modernist ideologies. I agree we should pick and choose and throw the rest of the so-called "progressive" ideologies away.

I also dont think he supports sexual harassment, just that he feels the motive for the yaba march was insincere, being that a greater proportion of harassment are being perpetuated in corporate environments.

My stand is in support of the Yaba march, and also in support for all injustice to both men and women

2 Likes

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by DexterousOne(m): 1:33am On Feb 12, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Yes, why are these barbaric big men in Nigeria have to ask for sex before they hire or interview these women?

Why can't they interview these women base on merit?

Believe it or not most of the so-called cultures you are claiming that should be protected in Nigeria are what is called disguised slavery culture

True that!

"Disguised slavery culture" indeed
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by DexterousOne(m): 1:34am On Feb 12, 2019
mikkyphp:

He is only in support of conservative principles, without it being unduly diluted by post-modernist ideologies. I agree we should pick and choose and throw the rest of the so-called "progressive" ideologies away.

I also dont think he supports sexual harassment, just that he feels the motive for the yaba march was insincere, being that a greater proportion of harassment are being perpetuated in corporate environments.

My stand is in support of the Yaba march, and also in support for all injustice to both men and women

And you feel "conservative principles" are the best principles?
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by DexterousOne(m): 1:36am On Feb 12, 2019
wetdick:

many of them do not report and those that did report and their was evidence the law took its cause. Do not think laws do not work here in nigeria.

Actually

Laws don't
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by DexterousOne(m): 1:46am On Feb 12, 2019
Lotechi:
But your usage of "cultural identity and its protection" is what I'm not a fan of.

We both know that while some of our cultural heritage are good and should be promoted, most of them have to go if it will mean greater prosperity for all.

You have a point
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by mikkyphp(m): 2:29am On Feb 12, 2019
DexterousOne:

It is relative.
Also remember i said that we should feel free to pick and choose those progressive ideologies that have been proven to work, and discard the others that are divisive.

Thinking about this another way: Have you ever thought of why divorce/separation rates among Nigerians living abroad are far greater than those families from south east asia(india, pakistan,china) also living abroad? This is partly because they preserve their culture and conservative traditions.

Disclaimer: This is not to say that they are in happier marriages than their African counterparts.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by ndindiatu: 3:20am On Feb 12, 2019
BarristerAlarig:
This makes total sense.
Senseless post
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by justwise(m): 6:51am On Feb 12, 2019
wetdick:

because they don't know their rights. in sexual harassment, it is choice you either agree or you say NO, if you agree, then it is your fault but if you stand on your feet and say No and also report to the right authorities then good for you. this are the people i am supporting.

i didnt only talk about sexual harassment in my write up.LOL

mikkyphp:

This is not a convincing argument especially when it comes to sexual harassment, you can not pick and choose the level of sexually harassment to tackle.

Was the metoo movement focused on those sex attackers on the street?

I'm even worried that you showed up to support him even when he condemned both protesting on the street and metoo movement.

So sexual harassment victims choose to be sexually abused because they did not say no?

The same way some morally bankrupted Nigerians will condemn EFCC for arresting yahoo yahoo boys rather than big political figures but these crooks steal their way to a political position.

1 Like

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by justwise(m): 6:58am On Feb 12, 2019
mikkyphp:

wetdick:

if you think #metoo solved harassment problems then you are joking, it just made many men avoid women and not wanting to help them in the work place, it was a witch hunt, i also think, you twisted all that i was saying, my question is why are the women not protesting against men in high places who are the real harassers, who demand sex before job interviews, why are they not after the powerful men? but come to think of it again what are the sellers at the market doing except forcing these young women to buy their clothes

You probably have not been following this individual
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Olalekank(m): 8:40am On Feb 12, 2019
justwise:

You probably have not been following this individual
I doubt if he had been following

I was at the market again yesterday and the guy was literally harassing her, trying to touch her behind all in the name of trying to tell her to buy something. I was about to comment on the guy's harassment until she voiced out.

I went right behind her, yet I wasn't touched nor invited to buy from the same person. But yet this isn't harassment that needs to be curbed
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Saintsquare(m): 1:36pm On Feb 12, 2019
wetdick:

let them take the fight to the real people molesting and sexually assaulting women. What of the big man that wants to sleep with them beform an interview or the big man that grabs them. Why dont they take their fight to the real abusers in high places.
Even tho you have a valid point, you can't justify injustice with injustice �
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by mikkyphp(m): 7:37pm On Feb 12, 2019
I may have missed this one. Always say NO to Victim blaming...
justwise:

This is not a convincing argument especially when it comes to sexual harassment, you can not pick and choose the level of sexually harassment to tackle.

I'm even worried that you showed up to support him even when he condemned both protesting on the street and metoo movement.

So sexual harassment victims choose to be sexually abused because they did not say no?

The same way some morally bankrupted Nigerians will condemn EFCC for arresting yahoo yahoo boys rather than big political figures but these crooks steal their way to a political position.

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 14, 2019
Olalekank:

I doubt if he had been following

I was at the market again yesterday and the guy was literally harassing her, trying to touch her behind all in the name of trying to tell her to buy something. I was about to comment on the guy's harassment until she voiced out.

I went right behind her, yet I wasn't touched nor invited to buy from the same person. But yet this isn't harassment that needs to be curbed

pls stop spreading lies
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 14, 2019
justwise:

you are a hypocrite, i condemn both protests because they were witch hunting, the metoo movement was a big disaster and that is why it faded very fast, even the founder of the movement, raped a boy, so before you write your nonsense always do your research. it seems you are part of the people that molest women in the workplace, that is why you are afraid.

Morally bankrupted indeed, so we should not arrest yahoo-yahoo boys on the street that are defrauding people, it seems you are part of them

do you know why they are arresting those street lowlifes, because there is a law in the US which gives permit to the FBI in conjunction with local police to investigate and extradict anybody in the world who does fraud to US businesses or individuals

you, mr do not know anything, you think morality is the world, the law is different from your moral stance.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 14, 2019
DexterousOne:

i believe they are the best, that is how man created and preserve civilization.

the moment the roman and greek civilization started accepting foreign nonsense they vanish from the face of the earth

1 Like

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Olalekank(m): 9:29am On Feb 14, 2019
wetdick:

pls stop spreading lies
Oga sorry o, na only you dey see lie angry

My school is situated such that U need to enter the market to take shuttle so this is something I see every time.

Simply confirms that you're trying hard not to accept that these people are being harassed or you're just in support of it and want it to continue.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 14, 2019
Lotechi:

some of them have to go but we have many good stuff in our culture that need to be protected because it is who we are.

The Japanese were able to protect their culture, they killed everyone who came to their shore to sell them religion or anything, they discarded some cultures and improve on those that are important, today they are the powerhouse of the world even with their core culture, even the Chinese did that.

i was watching a video of queen Elizabeth accepting royal families of the world in her palace, and the Japanese king and his wife were given the mutual respect because the British couldn't conquer them. even during communism, the Russian communists respected the Chinese because they had their own brand of communism.

but here in Nigeria, prince charles was here and all our royal families lined up to see the prince, it was because they conquer us by simple stuff not even with by war. there is no place the black man is respected because we accept anything, no identity, no language, nothing, once we go abroad, we call our language nonsense, our culture nonsense, our african religion, we can developed-evil-hahhah, how will they respect us. We have nothing that is unique.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 14, 2019
Olalekank:

Oga sorry o, na only you dey see lie angry

My school is situated such that U need to enter the market to take shuttle so this is something I see every time.

Simply confirms that you're trying hard not to accept that these people are being harassed or you're just in support of it and want it to continue.

so basically you just go there to check sexual molestation, seem you have time, put a video up next time for proof.

why dont you go to offices to check what they do to women before they are given jobs.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Olalekank(m): 9:38am On Feb 14, 2019
wetdick:

so basically you just go there to check sexual molestation, seem you have time, put a video up next time for proof.

why dont you go to offices to check what they do to women before they are given jobs.
WTF, did you read what I posted at all?

"I said before I can take shuttle, I need to pass through the market and I see this harassment while passing passing through."

Which part do you not understand.

Nobody is justifying the way women are treated before getting a job. Bring a fair culture of equality would ensure everyone gets qualified on a neutral ground.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2019
Olalekank:

WTF, did you read what I posted at all?

"I said before I can take shuttle, I need to pass through the market and I see this harassment while passing passing through."

Which part do you not understand.

Nobody is justifying the way women are treated before getting a job. Bring a fair culture of equality would ensure everyone gets qualified on a neutral ground.

since you pass there often and see harassment, take a picture or video as proof.

even in the court of law, they will ask you for evidence before deciding
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Olalekank(m): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2019
wetdick:

since you pass there often and see harassment, take a picture or video as proof.

even in the court of law, they will ask you for evidence before deciding
Oga, I can't go around snapping random people because I want to prove a point.

It's at your discretion to believe or not and whatever you believe is not my choice.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2019
Olalekank:

Oga, I can't go around snapping random people because I want to prove a point.

It's at your discretion to believe or not and whatever you believe is not my choice.

exactly... so move on..
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Lotechi(m): 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2019
wetdick:

some of them have to go but we have many good stuff in our culture that need to be protected because it is who we are.

The Japanese were able to protect their culture, they killed everyone who came to their shore to sell them religion or anything, they discarded some cultures and improve on those that are important, today they are the powerhouse of the world even with their core culture, even the Chinese did that.

i was watching a video of queen Elizabeth accepting royal families of the world in her palace, and the Japanese king and his wife were given the mutual respect because the British couldn't conquer them. even during communism, the Russian communists respected the Chinese because they had their own brand of communism.

but here in Nigeria, prince charles was here and all our royal families lined up to see the prince, it was because they conquer us by simple stuff not even with by war. there is no place the black man is respected because we accept anything, no identity, no language, nothing, once we go abroad, we call our language nonsense, our culture nonsense, our african religion, we can developed-evil-hahhah, how will they respect us. We have nothing that is unique.
we are both saying the same thing. But I think the reason blacks still lack the respect of other countries is because we have not been able to improve beyond how we were left in 1960. Canada was colonized but are respected today, even the United states was colonized but they are arguably the most respected country in the world.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2019
wetdick:

you are a hypocrite, i condemn both protests because they were witch hunting, the metoo movement was a big disaster and that is why it faded very fast, even the founder of the movement, raped a boy, so before you write your nonsense always do your research. it seems you are part of the people that molest women in the workplace, that is why you are afraid.

Morally bankrupted indeed, so we should not arrest yahoo-yahoo boys on the street that are defrauding people, it seems you are part of them

do you know why they are arresting those street lowlifes, because there is a law in the US which gives permit to the FBI in conjunction with local police to investigate and extradict anybody in the world who does fraud to US businesses or individuals

you, mr do not know anything, you think morality is the world, the law is different from your moral stance.

You are not only pervervious you also lack comprehensive ability, metoo movement has broughtdown many high profile individuals and the founder Tarana Burke never raped a boy.

My comment was not in any way in support of yahoo yahoo boys though your inability to comprehend that did not surprise me

3 Likes

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
justwise:

You are not only pervervious you also lack comprehensive ability, metoo movement has broughtdown many high profile individuals and the founder Tarana Burke never raped a boy.

My comment was not in any way in support of yahoo yahoo boys though your inability to comprehend that did not surprise me

i have seen that you are a fool. when i created this post,my intention was to provoke real discussion instead of emotional nonsense, since you have taken it upon your self to start been abusive, let's go for it. people like you do not have a brain for logical reasoning, they see everything as a personal attack.

Pls tell me how many high profile men did metoo brought down? pls list the men who are in prison now. you need to put it in your thick skull that evidence is always needed in court before a judge or jury can take a decision.

and i hope you know about Asia Argento a leader of meetoo movement paid off a guy who she sexually assaulted
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/metoo-activist-asia-argento-settles-own-sexual-assault-complaint-1.3601808

what of the men who were falsely accused by women or what about the women that wanted to make money off something that didn't happen. what of women who choose to sleep with men for promotions or role in movie but now claiming saint and want to make money.

sometimes, you need to have sense before you start writing your nonsense, it seems you see everything in black and blue than looking at the big picture, you are very short-sighted. And, i guess in your naive head you think powerful women do not sexually assault men.

Metoo was a witch hunt against men, simple as abc.

And, on the issue of Yahoo yahoo boys you basically wrote that why should we arrest yahoo boys when politicians are stealing, so what does it mean? if that is not support for yahoo boys than i wonder what is it.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Olalekank(m): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2019
wetdick:

i have seen that you are a fool. when i created this post,my intention was to provoke real discussion instead of emotional nonsense, since you have taken it upon your self to start been abusive, let's go for it. people like you do not have a brain for logical reasoning, they see everything as a personal attack.

Pls tell me how many high profile men did metoo brought down? pls list the men who are in prison now. you need to put it in your thick skull that evidence is always needed in court before a judge or jury can take a decision.

and i hope you know about Asia Argento a leader of meetoo movement paid off a guy who she sexually assaulted
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/metoo-activist-asia-argento-settles-own-sexual-assault-complaint-1.3601808

what of the men who were falsely accused by women or what about the women that wanted to make money off something that didn't happen. what of women who choose to sleep with men for promotions or role in movie but now claiming saint and want to make money.

sometimes, you need to have sense before you start writing your nonsense, it seems you see everything in black and blue than looking at the big picture, you are very short-sighted. And, i guess in your naive head you think powerful women do not sexually assault men.

And, on the issue of Yahoo yahoo boys you basically wrote that why should we arrest yahoo boys when politicians are stealing, so what does it mean? if that is not support for yahoo boys than i wonder what is it.

See who's being not emotional grin grin grin
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
wetdick:

i have seen that you are a fool, when i created this post,my intention was to provoke real discussion instead of emotional nonsense, since you have taken it upon your self to start been abusive, let's go for it.

Like i said before you lack the ability to read or comprehended, the lady in the article you quoted is not the founder of Metoo movement and the article never mentioned any where that she is. She is an actor and director and one of those who accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault.

How on earth did misinterpret this post?
justwise:

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Olalekank(m): 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

Like i said before you lack the ability to read or comprehended, the lady in the article you quoted is not the founder of Metoo movement and the article never mentioned where that she is. She is an actor and director and one of those who accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault.

How on earth did misinterpret this post?
The guy doesn't know what to prioritize, being emotional, and just hating on innocent people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wants To Start Life In Uk / How To Get Nigerian Birth Certificate From National Population Commission? / Please Advise Me Which Country Can I Start A Good Hustle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.