Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,023 members, 7,980,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 07:19 PM

APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) (13790 Views)

Ortom: I Would Have Taken Up Arms Against Fulani Herdsmen If Not For God / FFK Replies Sultan: 'If Christians Had Taken Up Arms, Nigeria Would Have Burnt" / Unclad Girls In Lekki: LASAA Suspends Firm's Licence Over Indecent Advertisement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by Obynopositive: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
rubbish....... y cant they paste it on APC and sanwolu posters ...check very well its PDP and other posters .....
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by Ashoore: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2019
APC has made their payment to the LASAA. APC are not partially transparent.
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by Jason007: 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
The ruling party has always been bias at all levels in lagos. it's not new to those who see it everyday

Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by alexiskenny: 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
Oh boy! Chain see APC hand tool
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by Wesely01(m): 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=AutoJoshNG post=75470301]

Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency, or simply, LASAA, is an agency of the Lagos state government.

It was established in 2006 to regulate and control the indiscriminate erection of outdoor advertising and signage displays in Lagos State.

The coming of LASAA ushered in a considerable measure of sanity on the streets of Lagos. The random posting of posters and billboards, etc., was significantly minimized.

For residents who strongly desired to erect signage, they get to pay some fee to LASAA. This way, LASAA helps to generate revenue for the state government.

Sadly, during electioneering seasons, LASAA appears to be reduce to a toothless bulldog. For whatever reason, this agency loses the tenacity that it is known for.

During such periods, LASAA demonstrates an enormous failure to call these errant politicians to order.

For instance, currently, the streets of Lagos are completely overwhelmed with political campaign posters.

LASAA wittingly looks the other way as politicians go on a frenzy to deface every street walls and surfaces in Lagos with their posters and campaign materials.

This crude campaign method go unregulated and violators are left unpunished by the agency whose responsibility it is to penalized offenders.

Thankfully, APCON (Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria) appears to have taken up the responsibility of LASAA.

APCON is a regulatory body in charge of control and regulation of all forms and aspects of advertising practices in Nigeria.

See pictures below.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-how-apcon-has-taken-up-the-responsibility-of-lasaa-photos/

[/quote

I don’t even know what to say Nigeria is just one Big mess of a country.
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by laivwire(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
C
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by CoolVoice(m): 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
This is absolutely a wrong move by apcon. You're targeting other parties.. so the excuse will be that Lagos State has gotten approval bah?

And the OP what are you thanking them for? LASAA will remove the posters.. they are only creating a mess with their posters on the campaign materials. I guess the writer got paid for PR post.
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by rkennyking(m): 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2019
three:

Thank You,

We can all see the pattern here.

APC posters - no sanction

Other parties' posters - APCON Sanction

APC uses guile to win and guile to stay in. They will not play fair. They WILL NOT Perform and will not concede to being legitimately voted out.

All the bragging is with the key intent to manipulate the electorate psychologically, financially and spi.. lipsrsealed (make I never talk dat one yet)

THEY WILL FAIL
Their ignoble destiny at the hand of Lagosians and Nigerians awaits them. They have a date with destiny.

Lagos and Nigeria will overcome these malignant incompetents and we will ALL (ironically them inclusive) be better for it.

Must APC impoverish Lagosians and Nigerians by force?

Think deeply about their LOGO... They want to make sure hard broom REMAINS relevant in Nigeria. Something that should be redundant by now.... Shay you have ever seen hard broom in developed countries ni? cry

Well apparently, other parties failed to get APCON approvals. Lagos follow due process ,and APCON is not a Lagos state agency. They regulate advertisers in the state. If APC could go through the process of approval no other party should have ignored that .
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by adedehinbo(m): 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2019
three:

Thank You,

We can all see the pattern here.

APC posters - no sanction

Other parties' posters - APCON Sanction

APC uses guile to win and guile to stay in. They will not play fair. They WILL NOT Perform and will not concede to being legitimately voted out.

All the bragging is with the key intent to manipulate the electorate psychologically, financially and spi.. lipsrsealed (make I never talk dat one yet)

THEY WILL FAIL
Their ignoble destiny at the hand of Lagosians and Nigerians awaits them. They have a date with destiny.

Lagos and Nigeria will overcome these malignant incompetents and we will ALL (ironically them inclusive) be better for it.

Must APC impoverish Lagosians and Nigerians by force?

Think deeply about their LOGO... They want to make sure hard broom REMAINS relevant in Nigeria. Something that should be redundant by now.... Shay you have ever seen hard broom in developed countries ni? cry

go to onipanu yourself, many APC posters were also marked with cross including the ones beside the APC governorship aspirant,meanwhile there re many jimi agbaje posters which weren't marked,I Dont say u Dont have the right criticise but sometimes be fair
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by raul(m): 11:28am On Feb 07, 2019
APCON is a regulatory body charged with the responsibility to regulate Advertising in all its ramification...

APCON's mandate & function is quite different from that of LASAA's...

CoolVoice:
This is absolutely a wrong move by apcon. You're targeting other parties.. so the excuse will be that Lagos State has gotten approval bah?

And the OP what are you thanking them for? LASAA will remove the posters.. they are only creating a mess with their posters on the campaign materials. I guess the writer got paid for PR post.

Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by Ade198: 11:33am On Feb 07, 2019
[quote author=yunnyp post=75473958]i noticed that APCON or whatever you call them only deface other parties and left APC

Why?

But I saw some APC posters defaced.
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by Ade198: 11:43am On Feb 07, 2019
APCON is a government agency not owned nor managed by any political party. There are procedures you must follow to have your advert approved by APCON. Once you get your materials approved, APCON won't enforced on violated adverts. And before an advert is defaced APCON would have have sent violation letters to offenders. Question that should be asked is: did other political parties(candidates) respond to the letters sent to them? Some APC candidates who didn't comply also had their posters defaced. APCON is not partisan but seek to regulate all advertisements exposed to the public.
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by raul(m): 11:45am On Feb 07, 2019
The APC Adverts not blanked by APCON were certified by APCON while those not certified have been blanked, irrespective of the parties...

Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by segun0085: 11:51am On Feb 07, 2019
APCON is non partisan because I've actually seen them blank other political parties boards on my way to and from work around the law school area, around Ozumba Mbadiwe and even Onipan area. I've seen APC boards blanked by APCON.

Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by Ade198: 11:51am On Feb 07, 2019
Chai! APCON is doing their job o.
CanineOfJackal:
How come they are removing only other parties posters but leaving Apc own.

Thunder fire Apcon abi Apc media advertising agency.

Op try to write like someone with intellect because the story is fals
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by Ade198: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2019
Some APC posters where also defaced.
KonceptzOnpoint:
APCON just working for the ruling party...
Auto Josh stop being partisan with your posts...
You mean all APC's banner didn't violate any APCON rule
Re: APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS) by CoolVoice(m): 12:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
raul:
APCON is a regulatory body charged with the responsibility to regulate Advertising in all its ramification...

APCON's mandate & function is quite different from that of LASAA's...

I know APCON I'm in the advertising industry. But the article reads that APCON is doing what LASAA is suppose to be doing.

It's just a cheap PR stunt for APCON and a way to hunt other political party.. why can't they wait till after the election to ensure level playing ground between all the political parties.. why put your sticker on selected Party posters?

It smell rather like a political move even if I understand they want to rake in funds as well from politicians.. but there shouldn't be favourism when carrying out there task or actions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sit Up Over Power Supply - Discos Tell Buhari / COVID-19: FG, National Assembly Consider UK, US Flights’ Ban Next Week / Nigeria's Gas Reserve To Last For 94 Years, Komalafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.