Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:39 PM

APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists (22645 Views)

Cross River APC Has No Candidates - INEC / We Have No Candidates For Zamfara, Rivers - INEC Replies APC / Just In: No Candidates For APC In Zamfara, INEC Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by Ategberoson(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2019
NGMontana:
APC knows what they are doing. Fielding no candidates in Rivers in exchange for the PDP governor undermining Atiku at the presidential elections.

I could be wrong, but how a party like APC can’t bend INECs hand if they really wanted to field a governorship candidate is beyond me.

you're wise. inec is playing a neutral game but the PDP goons are not aware

even the ebonyi APC is just a figure head. umahi had no competitor. pol sci 401

1 Like

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by senatordave1(m): 9:18am On Feb 07, 2019
Moventist:
that's what Many of them don't understand. The real case is before the supreme, stay of execution here won't affect anything, except supreme court pass it judgment
The case before the supreme court is different oga,the appeal court ruling will be obeyed till the supreme court rules which is after the polls.but how do you reason self? How can a case be at the supreme court without going through the appeal court?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by senatordave1(m): 9:19am On Feb 07, 2019
wingman:

Wiseman, so whose name will be presented as APC Gubernatorial candidate, Abe or Cole?
The matter is more complicated than you think.
It is cole since his name was on inec list before the high court ruled against apc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by senatordave1(m): 9:23am On Feb 07, 2019
Moventist:
that's what Many of them don't understand. The real case is before the supreme, stay of execution here won't affect anything, except supreme court pass it judgment
Nothing is before the supreme court.the stay of execution will affect things because the appeal court will still rule.inec can wait for the supreme court to rule,stop reasoning backwards.why didnt they wait for appeal court to rule after the high court ruled.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by senatordave1(m): 9:25am On Feb 07, 2019
BERNIMOORE:
that was before the appeal court in port Harcourt give it's rulling to "stay execution" inec either obey the last order or stick to their early stand or wait for supreme court if not, Apc has no candidate in rivers done and dusted.
They will obey the latest order unless the supreme court rules against them.why are you afraid of apc contesting.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by sirgoody: 9:38am On Feb 07, 2019
onukwube1:
If and only if they will hold on to this, many innocent souls will be saved. Rivers Election is never an easy one judging by what I witnessed in 2016 re-run.
God bless Pitakwa
Laff Wan kill me oooo....wich one con still be pitakwa again??
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by samfuntua: 9:41am On Feb 07, 2019
senatordave1:

It is cole since his name was on inec list before the high court ruled against apc.

remember the court ruling which barred both Cole & Magnus from contesting? the court base its ruling on flowed primaries of both factions. Abe faction had Direct primaries that was supervised by INEC only but APC National headwaters did not participate WHILE Amechi faction had Indirect primaries which was supervised by APC National Headquarters but NOT by INEC.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by moderatedguy: 9:49am On Feb 07, 2019
NOC1:
I watched the INEC guy on Channel he said they are waiting for a copy of the Judgement from court, ones the get it they will effect the changes.
he didnt say they wud effect the change,rather he said they wud study it and take a decision on it.I watched the interview.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by Skengman: 9:56am On Feb 07, 2019
samfuntua:

remember the court ruling which barred both Cole & Magnus from contesting? the court base its ruling on flowed primaries of both factions. Abe faction had Direct primaries that was supervised by INEC only but APC National headwaters did not participate WHILE Amechi faction had Indirect primaries which was supervised by APC National Headquarters but NOT by INEC.
Did u make up what u just wrote?
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by SOFTDRINK: 10:07am On Feb 07, 2019
seunmsg:

APC will contest the elections in Rivers state so stop rejoicing over nothing. INEC cannot refuse to obey a valid order of the court of appeal. Go back and read the story very well, the INEC commissioner never said the commission would disobey the ruling. He only said they have not met to take a new decision on the matter. Once they are served with a copy of the judgement, they will obey the ruling.
Going to school is beyond knowing how to read and write.I implore you to begin to use the thing called brain in your head.

Let me educate you on this issue:

APC will not be on the ballot because the judgement by the court of appeal is belated because you cannot stay what has been destroyed.

e.g. You're dragging a building with somebody for the building not to be demolished, you went to court to get a stay of execution to stop the person from demolishing the building, before you could get the judgement,the building has been demolished. What then do you stay when the building has been demolished?

Another example is the case between Rotimi Amaechi vs Celestine Omehia. Omehia was declared by the court not to be the candidate of PDP but he was not removed as the governor until Amaechi went to court and got an order mandating Omehia to be removed and Amaechi sworn in as the governor.

If APC wants to be on the ballot, they should go to court and secure an order mandating INEC to include them on the ballot. Until then, they will not contest because the appeal court's judgement is belated.

1 Like

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by supereagle(m): 10:09am On Feb 07, 2019
nelcliff:

Hey did you read what's up there?

I think you use your anus in place of brain to reason.

I didn't read it. I monitor Rivers political development more than you. Your brain is under your feet.

1 Like

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by supereagle(m): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2019
Randy100:
Trust me it was the fault of APC guys.

Tell me something I am not aware of please.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by Moventist: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2019
senatordave1:

The case before the supreme court is different oga,the appeal court ruling will be obeyed till the supreme court rules which is after the polls.but how do you reason self? How can a case be at the supreme court without going through the appeal court?
Mr. I covered this cases all through. You lack the real information. Which case is before the supreme court, since you said is different? Why are APC seeking for stay for execution, if there is no case pending before supreme court?
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by herich(m): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2019
supereagle:
If INEC did this to PDP, they will shout that the democracy is on danger.

Dry talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by Moventist: 10:30am On Feb 07, 2019
senatordave1:

They will obey the latest order unless the supreme court rules against them.why are you afraid of apc contesting.
. The subsisting Judgment was stroke out by the appellant court now in the supreme court, which is the real judgment of APC not having state executives and no recognized primaries. Don't confuse yourself with stay of execution; granted to both Tonye and Abe on Monday and Tuesday Respectively . Which faction should INEC recognize since both factions have been granted with "stay of execution"? You sounded as if the conflict was generated by me or PDP
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by kcmichael: 10:31am On Feb 07, 2019
APC will contest so you guys can die by fire

1 Like

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by Moventist: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2019
Cool down, APC is the one having conflict with it self, same impunity is the woes they are harvesting.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by excelmanager(m): 10:47am On Feb 07, 2019
Nice one INEC. Enough of APC intimidation.

Do know that each time you buy airtime or data some one somewhere is making money.

Do know that about #14billion is spent by Nigerians daily according to NCC.
You can share in the Telecom profits if you take the bold step to join us and stop enriching others, And start recharging for fortune.

Join us today to find out facts about RECHARGE AND GET PAID.If you are ready to start making money in the Telecom Industry comment I'M READY with your whatsapp number. Call/whatsapp me on 07039076273

Follow the link below to our WhatsApp training forum to learn more���������

https:///HadfIZhpDqD6A0A07fq27B

This business is only for serious minded people.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by Randy100: 11:14am On Feb 07, 2019
supereagle:

Tell me something I am not aware of please.
There were two factions of Apc in Rivers state. Those loyal to Amaechi and those loyal to Magnus Abe. Go and read about what is happening in Rivers Apc chapter. When you are done, you can decide to judge it yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by senatordave1(m): 11:18am On Feb 07, 2019
Moventist:
. The subsisting Judgment was stroke out by the appellant court now in the supreme court, which is the real judgment of APC not having state executives and no recognized primaries. Don't confuse yourself with stay of execution; granted to both Tonye and Abe on Monday and Tuesday Respectively . Which faction should INEC recognize since both factions have been granted with "stay of execution"? You sounded as if the conflict was generated by me or PDP
Since cole name was on inec register,its what inec will work with.from your comments,you dont want apc to participate in the polls,you just want an easy ride for pdp but later shout rivers is pdp.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by senatordave1(m): 11:22am On Feb 07, 2019
Moventist:
Mr. I covered this cases all through. You lack the real information. Which case is before the supreme court, since you said is different? Why are APC seeking for stay for execution, if there is no case pending before supreme court?
The case before the supreme court was brought by some apc members who claimed that they were excluded from the primary.there are not in amechi or abe faction.the appeal court ruling is to stop inec from removing the name of cole and other members of amechi faction from contesting.the supreme court on the other case adjourned indefinitely.therefore apc will be on the ballot while atiku will lose.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by senatordave1(m): 11:28am On Feb 07, 2019
SOFTDRINK:

Going to school is beyond knowing how to read and write.I implore you to begin to use the thing called brain in your head.

Let me educate you on this issue:

APC will not be on the ballot because the judgement by the court of appeal is belated because you cannot stay what has been destroyed.

e.g. You're dragging a building with somebody for the building not to be demolished, you went to court to get a stay of execution to stop the person from demolishing the building, before you could get the judgement,the building has been demolished. What then do you stay when the building has been demolished?

Another example is the case between Rotimi Amaechi vs Celestine Omehia. Omehia was declared by the court not to be the candidate of PDP but he was not removed as the governor until Amaechi went to court and got an order mandating Omehia to be removed and Amaechi sworn in as the governor.

If APC wants to be on the ballot, they should go to court and secure an order mandating INEC to include them on the ballot. Until then, they will not contest because the appeal court's judgement is belated.
Oga ,its you that do need education not the fellow you quoted.apc went to the appeal court to appeal the high court ruling.but before the main case or substantive suit can be heard,they secured a stay of execution to stop inec from excluding apc from the polls for the main time while they hear the main suit and give a final decision.so for now,apc will be on the ballot till the appeal court rules otherwise.
Again,the court action is not belated as far as elections haven't held.even if its a day to the polls,inec are bound to obey court orders and include or exclude any party on the ballot.
Even if apc is excluded from the polls and the court rules that they were wrongly excluded,the polls can be nullified and reheld.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by SOFTDRINK: 12:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
senatordave1:

Oga ,its you that do need education not the fellow you quoted.apc went to the appeal court to appeal the high court ruling.but before the main case or substantive suit can be heard,they secured a stay of execution to stop inec from excluding apc from the polls for the main time while they hear the main suit and give a final decision.so for now,apc will be on the ballot till the appeal court rules otherwise.
Again,the court action is not belated as far as elections haven't held.even if its a day to the polls,inec are bound to obey court orders and include or exclude any party on the ballot.
Even if apc is excluded from the polls and the court rules that they were wrongly excluded,the polls can be nullified and reheld.
@ the bolded, was the judgement not secured after INEC has delisted APC from the ballot?

If you want APC on the ballot, go to court and get an order mandating INEC to list APC as a party to Rivers state elections.

1 Like

Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
SOFTDRINK:
@ the bolded, was the judgement not secured after INEC has delisted APC from the ballot?

If you want APC on the ballot, go to court and get an order mandating INEC to list APC as a party to Rivers state elections.
See intelligence, Oga you sounded like you a lawyer.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by yaki84: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
seunmsg:

APC will contest the elections in Rivers state so stop rejoicing over nothing. INEC cannot refuse to obey a valid order of the court of appeal. Go back and read the story very well, the INEC commissioner never said the commission would disobey the ruling. He only said they have not met to take a new decision on the matter. Once they are served with a copy of the judgement, they will obey the ruling.
any new news abt akwaibom rec
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by yaki84: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2019
0koyeeboz:

Late judgment on favour of APC would be given and INEC would postpone the Rivers election due to logistical issues.

When they've finished national and other state elections, we'll now come and face Rivers

That's the game plan.
even if they tek rivers election to katsina, wike go still win
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by Jowanson: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
seunmsg:

Whose name will be on the list? This is the main issue at the court now....Tonye Cole candidacy is invalid for now until a ruling is made on that case.... If both factions decide to settle out of court and pick a consensus candidate, then it will be a nice thing for APC , otherwise it is still counter productive... APC should not fully rejoice yet...APC is the party doing itself...As of now, tonye Cole and APC cannot campaign in Rivers, except for presidential campaign which is very lowkey in Rivers state.
Re: APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists by Moventist: 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
APC is self destroying itself. My knowledge of Ameachi and Abe : these two war lots want to prove a point on who is superior. While Abe has more supporters on ground , Amaechi is Banking on Federal government might which by the end of the day, both will loose
Amaechi will prefer Wike to continue than allow Abe, Same with Abe will prefer Wike to continue than allow Amaechi install his sponge as Governor. At the end Wike benefits from the battle

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Guber: Confusion As PDP Produces Two Candidates In Parallel Primaries / Edo 2024: Faces Of LP, PDP And APC Candidates / Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.