Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,703 members, 7,935,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 08:39 PM

Nigerian Ambassador To Argentina Commends AE-FUNAI’S Accelerated Growth - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Ambassador To Argentina Commends AE-FUNAI’S Accelerated Growth (248 Views)

UNILAG Rewards Honest And Efficient Staff With Accelerated Promotion(Photo) / Senior Staff Association Of Nigerian Universities (ssanu) Commends Ae-funai Vc F / Association Of Medical Laboratory Scientists Of Nigeria Commends AE-FUNAI VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Ambassador To Argentina Commends AE-FUNAI’S Accelerated Growth by cyborgFUNAI: 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
NIGERIAN AMBASSADOR TO ARGENTINA COMMENDS AE-FUNAI’S ACCELERATED GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
The Nigerian Ambassador to Argentina, with corresponding authority over Chile, Peru and Uruguay, His Excellency Mr. Jonah Mkpuruka has commended the rapid growth and development taking place in Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State.
The envoy made this known yesterday when he paid a courtesy call to the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Chinedum Nwajiuba, extolling the speedy rise of the University as one of the most-sought-after tertiary institutions in Nigeria.

“I am so delighted to be in your midst. What I have seen today is serious evidence that you people are doing well. The story is different here

“I am highly impressed on the level of your growth and development”, the ambassador said.
The envoy also assured the Vice-Chancellor of his continuous support to the University, pledging to link it with other notable Universities in the countries of his diplomatic assignment in order to help the institution achieve its vision and aspirations.
“I will do everything to support you and the University. I will look for good Universities in the countries of my assignment that share the same values with you and link you together”, he stated.
Ambassador Mkpuruka further used the opportunity to donate 200 bags of cement, as part of his contribution to the speedy development of infrastructure in the University. In support of the donation, Hon. Enyi C. Enyi who accompanied the envoy on the visit pledged a donation of 100 bags of cement while the Pro-chancellor/Chairman of Governing Council, Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, Chief Austin Edeze promised to provide water by sinking a borehole in the University. Recall that the envoy had earlier instituted an endowment for the best graduating student in mathematics in the University.

While receiving the Nigerian envoy, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Nwajiuba, noted that the University was showing evidence of seriousness in its academic activities, adding that people were beginning to take notice of it.

“We are working to build a University we can all be proud of. We are gradually showing evidence of seriousness”, he said.
The Vice-Chancellor further explained that the successes being achieved by the University were borne out f collective efforts of staff and partners. He maintained that the University is driven by what he termed “the AE-FUNAI Spirit” and the philosophy of “benefits with responsibility” which according to him have enabled staff to willingly pool their resources together in order to take the University to greater heights.
He equally noted that the University was breaking new grounds because both the Management and staff were on the same page, stressing that recently 26 programmes of the university received full accreditation from the National Universities Commission while in the Webometric Ranking of world Universities the institution is ranked 44 among over 200 tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The highlight of the event was the decision of the Vice-Chancellor to channel the 300 bags of cement to the construction of the University Staff Children School, which he noted would commence academic activities in the next school session.

(1) (Reply)

Tasued / Study In Germany / JAMB De-registers 14 CBT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.