Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,088 members, 7,973,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:50 PM

General Election: President Buhari’s Mental Health Is Still A Question - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Election: President Buhari’s Mental Health Is Still A Question (370 Views)

INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For The 2023 Election (president, VP) / Osun Election: President Buhari Congratulates Ademola Adeleke / Buhari's Mental Health Diagnosed...farooq Kperogi,phd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Election: President Buhari’s Mental Health Is Still A Question by crazynation(f): 9:18am On Feb 08, 2019
By Ehi Ekhator

President Muhammadu Buhari regular forgetfulness probably from diminishing plasticity has attracted a response from a former governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose.

Fayose took to twitter on Tuesday to criticize Buhari over a statement he made in Ekiti State.

While addressing the crowd, the President said his government was cautious of the promises it made to the people when he came to power in 2005.

Buhari, 76, forgot that he contested in 2015, defeated the then President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party and was sworn in on May 29.

Reacting through his twitter handle, Fayose advised the President to return home and rest.

“A man could not even remember when he assumed office. He said in Ekiti today that he assumed office in 2005. Yet, they still want him to continue as President.

“Must they ruin Nigeria just to promote their personal interests? Why can’t they just allow this man to go home and rest?” He wrote.

This is not the first time the President has forgotten an event on stage.

January 2019, President Buhari displayed to the crowd in Delta State that he was truly mentally tired.

While at an All Progressives Congress rally in Delta State, Mr President completely forgot he was his party Presidential candidate for which he had campaigned all over the country, he called the APC gubernatorial candidate, Great Ogboru, the party’s presidential candidate.

In a situation that seemed embarrassing to the party members, an APC chieftain repeatedly corrected the President but all proved abortive as the President forgot immediately.

His words, “I am handing over this flag of honour to our presidential candidate.”

A man on the stage to his left corrected him, saying “gubernatorial”, but Buhari responded with “to our senatorial candidate”.

Again, the man corrected him, saying “gubernatorial” and this time, Buhari said “governotorial candidate”.

At the same rally, the President could not remember the year he became the Petroleum Minister.

Septuagenarian Buhari told the crowd that he was the Petroleum Minister from 1978 to 1979.

Actually, a former Head of State, General Olusegun Obasanjo appointed Mr Buhari as the Federal Commissioner, now called Minister for Petroleum and National Resources between March 1976 and June 1978.

But at the rally, Buhari said: “I am impressed by what previous speakers have said, especially the Minister of State for Petroleum who told you what we have been able to do in Delta State, because he happens to come from here and he happens to be my Junior Minister as Minister of petroleum Resources.

“Since 1984, or 78 to 79 when I was the Minister, I never lost interest in the petroleum industry. I am acutely aware of your influence because God has placed you on top of this national asset. I hope you will understand and appreciate the favour God has done to you in favour of the rest of Nigerians.

“I am trying to remind you to please reflect very seriously: where were we when we came in 2015, where are we now? What were we able to achieve with the resources available to us. I assure you, under this leadership, is to serve Nigeria.”

Nigerians started noticing Buhari’s mental capacity in 2015 when Mr President forgot the name of his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vtan7pDiaU

“The Chairman of our great party, Chief Oyegun, your excellency, my vice Presidential candidate Professor Yemi Osinbade, your excellency the governor of Imo State, The Chairman of All Progressives Governor forum, your excellency, the former governor of Abia State….

At a rally in Owerri, Imo State Capital, Buhari added “If we are elected, and in a few months, Boko Haram will be a thing of the past,”‎ he said to the applause of the audience.

‎He urged his supporters to get their permanent voters card (PVC). “Make sure you get your PVC. Make sure you vote. Make sure you defend your vote. Make sure that your voice is heard,” he said.

The President incapability has led to the crumbling of the economy and not able to keep any of his campaign promises.

Though, the Presidency has listed several of the administration achievements, some nationalists, including the President’s wife, Aisha Buhari believe the President is not in charge of his administration.

It is evident that Muhammadu Buhari is suffering from a mental disorder, diminishing plasticity or losing his mind. If Mr Buhari reclaim his presidential seat, Nigeria may go oblivion judging from the series of disorderliness the country is engulfed in.

Read more at: https://www.naijacenter.com/politics/general-election-president-buharis-mental-health-is-still-a-question/
Fan Page: www.facebook.com/naijacenternews
Twitter: @naijacenternews
Re: General Election: President Buhari’s Mental Health Is Still A Question by EdoBoyJazzie: 9:34am On Feb 08, 2019
Dementia President

1 Like

Re: General Election: President Buhari’s Mental Health Is Still A Question by StillX10(m): 9:39am On Feb 08, 2019
The cabal is at work. President must run so that they will be protected

1 Like

Re: General Election: President Buhari’s Mental Health Is Still A Question by Racoon(m): 10:21am On Feb 08, 2019
A president that have shamelessly & irresponsibly said he is never aware of major decisions of government. Meaning Buhari is neither in government or power.

1 Like

Re: General Election: President Buhari’s Mental Health Is Still A Question by crazynation(f): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2019
so, will he win the coming election even if he rigged?

(1) (Reply)

Flashback: Eurasia Group Tips Buhari To Defeat Jonathan / Polls: Buhari’ll Win 60 Per Cent – Report / INEC Releases Photos Of Sample Ballot Boxes For 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.