Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:32 AM

Buhari’s Endorsement: Donald Duke Insists He’s Still Sdp’s Presidential Candidat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Endorsement: Donald Duke Insists He’s Still Sdp’s Presidential Candidat (235 Views)

Keyamo Mocks PDP Over Buhari Endorsement Of Tinubu / Buhari's Endorsement Of Tinubu: Dogara, Keyamo Face-off On Twitter / Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Buhari’s Endorsement: Donald Duke Insists He’s Still Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by ScooperOfficial: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2019
[/b]

[b]DOWNLOAD SCOOPER TO READ MORE
: https://go.onelink.me/app/fb0f830d

A former governor of Cross Rivers State, Donald Duke, has said he is still in the presidential race and on the ballot for the 2019 elections.

The National Executive Committee of the Social Democrats Party had yesterday met in Abuja and endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, APC, as its party candidate.

In a statement issued on Thursday, Donald Duke said the SDP’s endorsement is rather unfortunate and betrays the desire of majority of party members.

He blamed the crisis on an aspirant who lost at the primaries and queried his suitability to contest for the presidency on grounds that he (Duke) came from “the wrong part of the country.”

He said, “This afternoon, the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Social Democrats Party (SDP) came up with a decision to endorse the APC and its candidate, President Mohammadu Buhari, for the February 16th Presidential election.

“This decision has arisen according to the party, as a result of protracted legal squabbles within the party which has made the party unable to commence a decent campaign.

“Regardless and for the avoidance of doubt, I Donald Duke, remain on the ballot and the candidate of the SDP as recognized by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

“My decision to run on an untainted political platform rather than on one which I was a founding member, is grounded on a desire to afford our electorate and indeed our nation a clean break, options and alternatives to her current gladiators.

“For the SDP NEC to thereby endorse the APC or any other party, is rather unfortunate and betrays in my opinion, the desire of the vast majority of our party members and Nigerians credible alternatives to our nation ’s leadership.”

For More Updates, Kindly Follow Scooper Across All Social Media Platforms

Facebook: Scooper

Twitter: @scooperng

Instagram: scooperng

Re: Buhari’s Endorsement: Donald Duke Insists He’s Still Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Nelson21(m): 10:49am On Feb 08, 2019
I don't think anyone will want a disorganized country to be runned by a disorganized party.

SDP should just look forward to 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Endorsement: Donald Duke Insists He’s Still Sdp’s Presidential Candidat by Mynd44: 11:05am On Feb 08, 2019

(1)

Time To Check Presidential Election Result On Saturday, 16th Of February, 2019 / The Pride Of Black Race By Ujukwu / This Government Has Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.