Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,451 members, 7,974,848 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:53 AM

16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II (26866 Views)

Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death / Last Pictures Of Queen Elizabeth II Before Her Death / Queen Elizabeth II Dies, Aged 96 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by MrBONE2(m): 10:12am On Feb 09, 2019
biosilicon:
That is their culture. marry your cousin. rule forever. above the law. own every bird in the water. yet they stick to it, are proud of it and defend it.
But in Nigeria just celebrate your local culture and post it on the internet and have some brainwashed mofos open their ignorant vocal chords and spill garbage.

grin
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by MissSweet(f): 10:17am On Feb 09, 2019
I once heard a story about this British monarchy on radio that anyone that touches the queen will be executed instantly expect the royal bodyguard.

so there was an incident that occurred on the sea inside the boat...when it looses grip the supposed bodyguard fell into the sea along with the queen...

so everyone watched her as she cried for help and see her drone into the sea...

They later amended the law...
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by Horiolah(m): 10:28am On Feb 09, 2019
AfroBlue:
wink
lol.... our people no knw shit_
see them praising dere oppressor.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by firstolalekan(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2019
ibromodzi:
Is it true that she's kleptomaniac?
No!
It was queen Mary (her grandmother)

imarayij:
and you forgot to add that she has cleptomania

Uyi168:
17.shes a kleptomaniac...
You people are just too miserably foolish and gullible. Who told you that rubbish?
You heard/saw it in a movie series abi?
Zombie
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by adonainana: 10:52am On Feb 09, 2019
gensteejay:

They didn't just stop at giving it any name they wanted. They also instituted major things like religion, language, and the scam called Western education.

No country can attain greatness if its citizens speak another man's language as their lingua franca, if they worship another man's gods as their own gods, if their system of education is foisted on them by their colonial masters.

A sovereign country must develop their own indigenous systems of education, language, and religion. These are core issues that determine the greatness any country attains.

But sadly, Nigeria — and a host of other African countries — still suffer this fate and are in the throes of neocolonialism.

Africans only have an illusion of freedom. No uhuru yet until we go back to our roots, embrace our indigenous cultures and traditions, and discard that scam called Western education.

Courses and subjects have to be taught in our citadels of learning in our indigenous languages, and only translated to English later on. English needs to be relegated to a second language.

Scam called western education yet if Tim Berners didnt discover the worldwideweb, you probably wont be able to type what you are typing now in the internet, together with Charles Barbage inventor of modern computers, plus the electricity you probably used in charging your phone or tablet courtesy of Benjamin Franklin. Plus those who invented vaccine for you so small pox, chicken pox and polio would not have killed you by now. Plus alexander bell who gave you the modern telephone so you can communicate with your loved ones.

Plus the ability of your doctor to successful diagnose you with an ailment, carry out a surgery on you, and make you feel better all thanks to modern advance in western science bro.

Instead what you should say is that perhaps just like the japanese and chinese do thiers, you can transcribe and translate all these knowledge into your own local languages so that it will never be lost. But that western education is a scam, please never again repeat that statement. Its an unfair and unrealistic one to make.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by adonainana: 10:58am On Feb 09, 2019
gensteejay:

They didn't just stop at giving it any name they wanted. They also instituted major things like religion, language, and the scam called Western education.

No country can attain greatness if its citizens speak another man's language as their lingua franca, if they worship another man's gods as their own gods, if their system of education is foisted on them by their colonial masters.

A sovereign country must develop their own indigenous systems of education, language, and religion. These are core issues that determine the greatness any country attains.

But sadly, Nigeria — and a host of other African countries — still suffer this fate and are in the throes of neocolonialism.

Africans only have an illusion of freedom. No uhuru yet until we go back to our roots, embrace our indigenous cultures and traditions, and discard that scam called Western education.

Courses and subjects have to be taught in our citadels of learning in our indigenous languages, and only translated to English later on. English needs to be relegated to a second language.

You sure can do this just like other countries have e.g English, Blangadesh but i dont think its of any significance tbh, as it wont appreciate or depreciate the improvements in life western education and civilization brought. It wont make any difference whether you want to speak English or Hausa

Funny enough i dont think colonialism was bad either, there were extreme great indirect benefits it brought which could have made Nigeria a better much place till today
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by firstolalekan(m): 11:04am On Feb 09, 2019
Olawalesmarter:
Evil Queen, not everything is what it seem, this Queen may be evil but the secret may be safe, Don't be deceive. You has forgotten to add that she Celebrate her Birthday with Human Sacrifice of a Baby
Lol
What a morọn...
You probably watched that rubbish in a movie series abi?
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by MightySparrow: 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2019
ibromodzi:
Is it true that she's kleptomaniac?
Nope, her mother
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2019
firstolalekan:

Lol
What a morọn...
You probably watched that rubbish in a movie series abi?

Thunder will kill you before you succeed, who are you refering to as a Morôn? Thunder Will kill you again and again. it is the truth and you can go online to reseach it but i don't give a fvck whether you are convince or not, Even the whites still travel to Yoruba Land for any special occasion to learn more about our Culture, but you imbeciles have been brainwashed that anything related to your culture is evil while they steal your culture under your nose, tell me who the morôn is here? Not everything in our culture is good but not everything is bad either, the Whites know that better than us but we will always behave like a Obedient and Brainwashed Slaves

1 Like

Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by imarayij(m): 2:48pm On Feb 09, 2019
firstolalekan:

No!
It was queen Mary (her grandmother)

You people are just too miserably foolish and gullible. Who told you that rubbish?
You heard/saw it in a movie series abi?
Zombie

Here comes miserable lander....
How i wish u can just have sense one day...but now....u exchange it for a big preek.....mumu
Is dis how someone sane corrects a mistake...u can see that posters b4 u corrected it with a sane mind....but na lie..
U just can't....

Oponu ode oshi.....
Grab a life
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by firstolalekan(m): 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2019
imarayij:

Here comes miserable lander....
How i wish u can just have sense one day...but now....u exchange it for a big preek.....mumu
Is dis how someone sane corrects a mistake...u can see that posters b4 u corrected it with a sane mind....but na lie..
U just can't....

Oponu ode oshi.....
Grab a life
Dear m0ron,
I was just trying make you realize how foolish you are.
I'm sorry there is no better way of telling.
Foolish people just irritates me a lot.

1 Like

Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by firstolalekan(m): 3:12pm On Feb 09, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Thunder will kill you before you succeed, who are you refering to as a Morôn? Thunder Will kill you again and again. it is the truth and you can go online to reseach it but i don't give a fvck whether you are convince or not, Even the whites still travel to Yoruba Land for any special occasion to learn more about our Culture, but you imbeciles have been brainwashed that anything related to your culture is evil while they steal your culture under your nose, tell me who the morôn is here? Not everything in our culture is good but not everything is bad either, the Whites know that better than us but we will always behave like a Obedient and Brainwashed Slaves
You see how miserably foolish you are?
Referring to humanbeing as white... Is it possible for a human to have a black or white skin? white is snow, black is coal.
Are you just colorblind or just retardeddd?
Ogun kill you there
oponu
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by Olawalesmarter(m): 3:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
firstolalekan:

You see how miserably foolish you are?
Referring to humanbeing as white... Is it possible for a human to have a black or white skin? white is snow, black is coal.
Are you just colorblind or just retardeddd?
Ogun kill you there
oponu

You are just a typical whitemen asslickers nothing more, it was your type that sold their Generation into slavery
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by imarayij(m): 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2019
firstolalekan:

Dear m0ron,
I was just trying make you realize how foolish you are.
I'm sorry there is no better way of telling.
Foolish people just irritates me a lot.

Ok...how much do you need to complete your therapy....
Bcoz with wat u just wrote...you're suffering from a myriad of psychic disorder.....
I should sue yabaleft....for their incompetence ....why would they leave a mad man on rampage...

I can solidly tell you that stupid psychopaths like you are one of the main reasons we have many uncompleted projects in Nigeria...

Oloshi omo...
You should go home and read for you jamb....most patronising jamb customer...show nairaland the shirt and cap they gave you....

Foolish low i.q human being....i could tell that a six inch nail is higher than your i.q.....

U should check the Bermuda triangle for your brain
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by AfroBlue(m): 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2019
Horiolah:

lol.... our people no knw shit_

see them praising dere oppressor.

good 5 hour Canadian documentary! 'Ring of Power' https://www./video/x4fdzxz

11 minute segment of the monarch's wealth

The Ring of Power - The Committee of 300

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BR1HliX4Sk

wink

1 Like

Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by firstolalekan(m): 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2019
imarayij:

Ok...how much do you need to complete your therapy....
Bcoz with wat u just wrote...you're suffering from a myriad of psychic disorder.....
I should sue yabaleft....for their incompetence ....why would they leave a mad man on rampage...

I can solidly tell you that stupid psychopaths like you are one of the main reasons we have many uncompleted projects in Nigeria...

Oloshi omo...
You should go home and read for you jamb....most patronising jamb customer...show nairaland the shirt and cap they gave you....

Foolish low i.q human being....i could tell that a six inch nail is higher than your i.q.....

U should check the Bermuda triangle for your brain
O ni ṣo ríré
Oloriburuku ọmọ ofo jatijati.
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by codemaniacs: 9:30am On Feb 12, 2019
zz
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by musicwriter(m): 10:59am On Feb 12, 2019
codemaniacs:

you're not correct, Equitorial Guinea speaks spanish and portuguese while Angola, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, Cape Verde, São Tomé and Príncipe speak portuguese..

what you should have said is they were not successful in enslaving west Africans...

even britain wasn't successful in enslaving west Africans they only changed the political, academic e.t.c structure of west Africa, which is what west Africans have stupidly passed down since the british introduced it.

They weren't successful in enslaving West Africans? Really?

The bulk of the slaves actually came from West Africa!!. West Africa was the most successful geographical area in provisioning slaves.

Again, Spain and Portugal concentrated in slavery in the Americas and Caribbeans. This's why they didn't colonize many African countries because they didn't acquire many lands or what they called ''spheres of influence'' which were later to become countries after the sharing of the so called spheres of influence at the Berlin conference in 1884-1885. The reason for that was because at a point Britain took over the supply of slaves to the rest of the plantations in the Americas and Caribbeans.

However, somehow, Spain and Portugal managed to maintain Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, Cape Verde, São Tomé, as ''spheres of influence'' so they got it at the Berlin conference or were able to fight off another European country or make a deal with another European country to acquire them. But by that time, we're talking about COLONIALISM not slavery.

1 Like

Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by codemaniacs: 11:15am On Feb 12, 2019
zz
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by musicwriter(m): 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2019
codemaniacs:

the history you read claimed that "The bulk of the slaves actually came from West Africa!!. West Africa was the most successful geographical area in provisioning slaves" it didn't say and will never say the Africans were already in the Americas and Caribbeans.

west Africans only signed "security agreements (peace treaties)" with the invaders, they were never colonised like Congo, South Africa, Brazil e.t.c...

you have your opinion and I have mine and I believe there was no trans-atlantic slave trade because it will be stupid to sell people that are meant to work for them under the hot African sun to another continent and it will be un-wise to think west Africans were not constantly fighting them back.

While I agree with you that the slaves were not sold, they were mostly acquired as prisoners of war, kidnapped, coerced, tricked, but to say they were not shipped from West Africa is not sound history. Slaves were certainly shipped off overseas from West Africa/other parts to the Americas and Caribbeans where they were then sold. The white traders left records in the form of notice for sale over there.

Below, they advertised sales of Gold Coast (Ghana) and Sierra Leonian slaves.

1 Like

Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by codemaniacs: 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2019
zz
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by budaatum: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2019
Albert0011:
I tell u my brother, these British people are too smart joor,i can vividly remember that it was Spain and Portugal that first started exploring the new world but these English men just came out from the dark cover and out manoeuvred them, sometimes i wonder how they were even able to control their vast empire then.
Stop wondering!
Read their books.
They write it down so they don't forget.
Re: 16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II by mrsage(m): 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Final Fact. She's been laid to rest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

90,000 Schoolgirls Aged 10 To 19 Fall Pregnant In 2023 - South African Minister / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! / Japan Ex-Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.