Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,676 members, 7,885,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:38 PM

Return Ye Backsliden - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Return Ye Backsliden (168 Views)

"And Ye Shall Be Hated Of All Men For My Name's Sake" - Jesus / ''Are Ye Not As Children of the Ethiopians unto me, O Children of Israel?'' / Know Ye Not That Atheism Is Within You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Return Ye Backsliden by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 09, 2019
Read to the End
Repent ye backsliden

Text: Luke 15:1-11, 12-24

Luke 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
15:12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. 15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
15:14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. 15:15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
15:16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
15:19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
15:21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 15:23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

GOD is not only concerned with soul winning but He is also after bringing the lost souls back to Him. Those who have gone astray i.e gone back to sin.

Are you a lost soul? Have you gone back to the world?

From Luke 15:17, it was stated that the prodigal son came back to himself. It shows that a man who is no longer in Christ is not himself.
-he has lost consciousness of GOD's love,
- he has been blindfolded by the devil

When the prodigal son came back to himself, he found that he has been perishing with hunger: this is the case of many believers; they are now living according to the ways of the world, in darkness, they are no longer connected to GOD's love and blessing.

But GOD is waiting for you to repent, for you to change your ways, for you to come back to yourself, that life without Christ is a life of perishing with hunger. Come to the realization that the devil has blindfolded you. But all hope is not lost Beloved, He is waiting with open arms to recieve you.

Don't just have the consciousness of how you have strayed away from GOD. You have to make a decision now and follow it up with actions by going to GOD for forgiveness of your sin

Luke 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The Father said his son was dead i.e dead to the things of GOD and is alive again i.e anyone who goes to GOD for repentance and forgiveness of his sins is no longer dead to the things of GOD but alive to Christ.

Are you dead to the things of GOD?
The Lord GOD is waiting for you to come back to Him that you may have life and no longer live in death(sin).

Come back to yourself Beloved and make a decision followed by actions (repentance and plead for forgiveness) and the Lord will receive you.

GOD bless you.

Shalom.

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist

(1) (Reply)

Happy St. Valentine's Day / For Deliverance Prayers And Interpretation Of Dreams. Register For Free / Register For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.