Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,426 members, 7,950,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

Flames Of Vengeance - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flames Of Vengeance (974 Views)

LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive / The Heat Of Vengeance / Secret Of The Creed(story About Adventure,betrayal And Vengeance) By Zhuxu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2019
EPISODE 1
New story @ Ugobestiky blog

We promise that the story will be interesting.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO THE AUTHER

I woke up with a start, as light filled the room  and hurt my eyes, the television was on but I could not make what it was showing or saying, I wasn’t sure where I was, but I started gaining my senses back, I was in our large living room, I had slept off watching Zee TV, the channel that has caught my fancy lately.

‘What are you doing here, cant you watch this thing in your room?’ Asad’s voice brought me out of my half sleep state, I looked up, and glanced at the ornate wall clock, it was 1 am in the morning.

‘Change it to Al Jazeera.’ Asad commanded. I fumbled around on our plush sofa looking for the remote control, I found it under the seat, I was cautious while lifting it to retrieve it as I could feel Asad’s eyes on my every move, I changed it, a young woman in fancy red suit was talking.

I didn’t want to watch Al Jazeera, in fact I didn’t want to watch anything, I wanted to sleep, but I shared the same room with Asad, I was not in a mood to stay in the the same room with him, he would irritate the life out of me, so I would wait for him to be done before going to bed, if only I was already asleep, I wouldn’t have to witness his disgusting drama.

Asad headed for the bed room, he had asked me to change the channel, and he wasn’t even going to watch, I hissed under my breath. I watched him take measured steps towards the room, he was a very meticulous human being, he did everything perfectly and expected so from others, not a pin should be out of place.

I waited until I was sure he was out of sight, and changed the channel back to Zee tv, they were repeating the shows, I just switched off the TV.

I walked over to our magazine rack, which was beside the bookshelf which had so many books from different class. Asad is very passionate about business and that reflected in his choice of books, I am a versatile reader, that resulted in books from many fields including medicine on the shelf, Asad had them all arranged in Dewey decimal classification. The shelf had another use,for display for our guests.

I pulled out an Indian magazine from the rack, it had Katrina Kaif on it’s cover looking anorexic, I could swear they shrunk her to size zero. I flipped through it. After a while I could not grab anything, I was feeling very sleepy, I glanced at the clock, it was 1:30 am, so I anticipated Asad might have finished his sickness in the room, I switched off the light and headed to the room.

Asad was still arranging things, I said nothing to him neither did he to me, I climbed carefully on our extremely large ornamental bed with a metre high head board and shorter post at each border, with intricate arabian design studded with stones. I tried not to ruffle Asad’s side. He was still putting things in their place, Asad is the neatest person I have met in my entire life, he kept his shoes aligned when he pulled them from his feet, everything was aligned. I sank to the comfort and richness of the pure satin bedsheets..............................
CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/02/09/flames-of-vengeance-1/
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2019
EPISODE 2

I looked around, I was in Nia hospital, the closest to my house also one of the best in Abuja with exclusive IVF facilities and renowned gynecologists, I have been here before, perhaps not this room but they were identical. Ladi my maid was sitting on the sofa watching the movie that was showing, I tried saying something but my voice was weak, Ladi heard me all the same, she quickly came to my side.

‘What happened?’ I asked in hausa the only language Ladi seemed to understand.

‘We’re in the hospital’. She said fiddling with her fingers, I could tell she was nervous.

‘I know where we are, I am asking why am here.’ I said.

Just then the door clicked and saved Ladi, Nafisa my sister in law came in, she was not so good looking, I often wondered how my brother fell for her, in fact I was rest assured she used love potion, I never let her forget how ugly she was or how she didn’t deserve my brother. she sat by my bedside and she smiled.

‘How are you feeling?’ She asked.

‘Horrible, what happened?’ I asked again.

‘You fell’

I fell, when? I thought, then the events of that night came back, I was filled with rage but could express my anger, I was weak.

‘Nafisa did I?,  I was afraid to finish the sentence.

‘Yes’ she said caressing my hair. ‘But dont worry doctor says you’ll be alright soon.’

Tears came to my eyes, not again I thought why!, why!, why! did this always have to happen.’ I wailed, my head was now resting on Nafisa’s lap, her wrapper was soaking my tears as they fell. The door clicked again, I heard heels click on the marble floor and I knew my family had come to offer their fake condolences.

‘Sannu Hajiya.’ Both Nafisa and Ladi said together, Nafisa was already getting up, I knew my mother was around, I could smell her signature perfume, she sat where Nafisa had sat and hugged me, I knew she felt my pain, she has gone through it before, five good times, she knows that the pain deviates from the pain of loosing to hatred towards people we had to live with, the ones who inflicted the pain on us.

‘It’s ok, don’t cry anymore, it’ll be alright.’ She said patting my back, at such times I could feel her love for me.

Sarah my eldest sister came to my side she offered her condolences, patted my thighs and went to sit, Noora My immediate elder sister was  present but said nothing, Najma the youngest of all of us was also present, she sat at my feet, she said nothing but pressed my feet and gave me a warm smile. They stayed for sometime then  Noora said she had to pick her son from school, it was a blatant lie, because she has never visited their school before.

They all left, even though only Noora had to pick her son from school, the clicking of their designer heels making a rhythmic sound that made me sick to the pit of my stomach.

Asad came in next, he looked dashing as ever, but I all I wanted was to shove shit on his face, he asked after my health stayed for a while, made a lame excuse and left, I was then left with Nafisa and Ladi.

I had lost yet another pregnancy, this was my third miscarriage, I didn’t want to be like Mama and Sarah who had miscarriages 5 times, it was always caused by our husbands when they got angry.

I looked at Nafisa, she was ugly also from a poor family yet her husband adored her, he has never laid a finger on her, she had the most perfect marriage, and I wondered how she did it, here I was beautiful, rich, gave birth to sons, yet my husband treated as a punching bag.

My life was a mess, I didn’t understand my family, my husband ........
CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/02/09/flames-of-vengeance-2/
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 9:09am On Feb 11, 2019
the story will be interesting
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 12:38pm On Feb 12, 2019
FLAMES OF VENGEANCE EP 3

September 2000
Masi came to my room holding a package.

‘Hajiya said you should wear this and come to Baba’s study.’ She said.

‘What is it?’

‘I don’t know aunty.’

‘Go.’ I said.

I opened the package, it contained a black Habaya with swarovski crystals encrusted on it, I wondered why I was being summoned, I wore it and went.

On getting there Mama was there, already dressed in a similar attire, she asked her hair stylist to arrange the veil on my head so that bangs will show.

A seasoned photographer arranged us on stools and sofas and we took pictures, I was the only one called for the shoot from all of Baba’s kids.

I later learnt we were shooting for a magazine that named Baba as the richest man in the north, me and my mother were the only ones my father chose to be featured along with him.

Abhas my brother returned from the UK almost a week later, Noora must have informed him about the selective photo shoot because he acted somehow towards me and was very affectionate towards Noora, he came back with news to get married but the news was not taken lightly, his wife was not from a rich background, that bothered Baba much because he was lover of class and beautiful things, Abhas was adamant, being a man he got his way. We all thought his wife must be beautiful, we were wrong she turned out to be ugly as well as poor, that was a blow to my father’s image.

Baba was stinking rich, his businesses varied from small scale to big scale, modern as well as local. He had factories, filling stations, residential estates, hotels, shops, malls as well as farms and herds of cattle which a fulani man looked after.

His father was moderately rich, after his demise his properties was distributed among his children, my father worked hard to multiply his share to build an empire.

His success made him accepted in the high class society, the Emir offered him one of his daughters to marry thus he was accepted into royalty after his marriage to Nana, she gave him 3 sons and 2 daughters.

While attending a friend’s wedding he met this ravishing beauty by the name Raliyah, though she was already betrothed to another Baba’s money helped him get her as his wife. That ravishing beauty is my mother, she conceived 13 times had 8 children and lost one.

Abhas is Mama’s firstborn child, then she miscarried twice, had Halima, Sarah another miscarriage, then came Noorah myself, Aliyu, Adnan and Nazma she had 2 more miscarriages she then decided to tie her tubes.

My siblings except for Adnan were all fair like mama, Adnan was dark as well as very handsome, of all my sisters Sarah was the most beautiful, followed by Halima then Najma Noora was the last.

Mama is shuwa, a tribe of beautiful women in northern Nigeria, she had a nose that looked like an over enthusiastic plastic surgeon worked on it, her skin was very white and flawless, her natural hair was very long, she had almond shaped eyes and naturally pouting lips which seemed to be pink in nature. In short she was very beautiful and I looked exactly like her, just that I was 17 years younger.

Our outstanding beauty made us Baba’s favorite, that was why only us were featured in the magazine article with him, he had a portrait of Mama and I in his bed chambers as well as the hall and the palour where he received his guests. I was always the one Baba called to introduce to his guests, the one who followed him out, I was named after his mother, though he gave me a fancy name “Shehnaz” meaning a musical note, I was often called Ladidi as his mother was called.

The attention I got from Baba made my siblings jealous of me especially Noora, she never hide her disdain towards me. When Abhas wanted to marry an ugly girl by the Nafisa to taint Baba’s image only her supported him, though Sarah did too but was not as open as Noora, Najma was young else she would have supported wholeheartedly.

We didn’t know Nana’s children, we lived separately and attended different schools we only met at occasions, We had our primary education in Nigeria then secondary and tertiary either in America or Europe, as a result we all had foreign accents, Sarah, Abhas and Adnan attended schools only in the US, Noora, Najma and Aliyu attended schools only in Uk the rest of us alternated.

Marriages excluding Abhas and Nazma’s were all arranged and conducted by Baba, Halima married at age of 18 before the completion of her tertiary education to a serving senator, her marriage was not successful, her husband had two other wives, he was very violent and that resulted to many hospital visits, he was very powerful, therefore no one dared to raise a voice not even when Halima complained bitterly, she died from childbirth complications, her death was a blow, we all broke down.

Sarah was next, she married a serving minister at 20 after graduating from Stanford with a degree in economics, she was very practical and could not be easily intimidated, she met 2 other wives, who her husband sent packing at short intervals after sarah’s arrival.

Noorah married a powerful general, he had only one wife before, she and Noora never saw eye to eye, she also graduated before marriage with a degree in Home sciences from Cambridge.

I had my high shool in Cambell Harris in london then university in Harvad, I graduated with firts class honors in computer engineering, networking and cyber security.

Baba was proud of me, his best child was not just beautiful but intelligent as well, I topped in my class, a party was organized for my success. And Baba gifted a red ferrari 575M Maranello.

Aliyu and Adnan were both studying medicine in Uk nd US respectively.

June 2003

That was when Baba chose my husband, but it was the best thing he ever did, his business partner’s ambitious son, Asad.

Almost six feet tall, fair, muscular he was every girl’s dream man, physically Asad was perfect, he had MBA from Yale he ran his father’s company which made it rival Baba’s own, but Baba was still richer. The alliance was fixed without me or Asad’s consent but since we were of the new generation Asad expressed his thought of meeting me.

Mama came to my room herself to tell me get ready the following day as.................
CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/02/11/flames-of-vengeance-3/
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 9:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
Next episode loading
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2019
EPISODE 4

One evening, Asad and I went for dinner with his friends, I was pleased to see their startled expression when they saw me, my face had that effect on people, the men looked at me lustily and the women with great envy. I was used to it, getting all the attention. They talked on frivolous issues, whenever I felt what they were saying was out of place, I made them know perhaps not too subtlety because many hearts were broken, a girl named Sasha was all over my hair and face, I could see tension lines on Asad’s face as I tried avoiding her.

‘What’s the secret, you must tell me.’ She said over and over again.

‘There’s no secret.’ I said.

‘ there must be.’ She insisted.

‘Well its genetic.’ I said trying to put her off.

‘There must be some cream or enhancing vitamins.’ She said, waving her hands.

‘Why don’t you visit a drug store then.’ I said.

‘May be I might.’ She added dismissively, but I was not the person you dismissed, I always have the last word.

‘You know, no matter the amount of polish, a sow’s skin can never be turned to silk.’ I said with a sly smile.

‘What’s a sow?’ She asked, with a confused look.

‘A female pig.’

Her face turned to stone, I felt Asad’s grip tightened on my arm and when I looked at him his handsome face was contorted, and had about 36 shades of red. He excused us and we left.

While driving me home in his silver Cadillac, silence engulfed us, he concentrated so much on the steering wheel his knuckles were showing. When he got into the driveway, he turned off the ignition and looked at me.

‘Did you have to compare her to a pig.’ He asked.

‘Excuse me!.’I said truly surprised because I was not used to being questioned.

‘Did you have to be so rude to them.’

I was stunned beyond words that Asad was talking to me like that, I just stared.

‘Well they had it coming.’ I finally said, turning away from his piercing gaze.

‘And the lady, she asked for it and what I told her was the truth.’

Asad sighed got out of the car walked over around and opened the door for me, he accompanied me the door said good night and left like everything was alright.

Since Asad and I began dating, he’d send me a good morning text and a prayer reminder then later he’d call around 12pm when I was fully awake. But since the the day of the incident, he had neither called nor texted, and I was getting anxious, I’d gaze at my phone expectantly, but he never called.

After 2 days my phone rang, it was him but of course I didn’t pick until after a hundred missed calls, he gave up and sent a text instead, still I didn’t reply, he sent many more asking what he did. Later that night he came over, with artificial flowers and an apology note.

After some days our wedding was fixed, Mama traveled to Germany, UK and US to shop for herself for my wedding.

Sarah and Nadia my friend accompanied me to Dubai, UK, France and South Africa to shop.

Soon the day arrived and I had already done my body cleansing, waxing and every possible treatment, my mother invited “Dillaliya” a lady that was to teach me many ways to please a man that he would make him lose his mind. Indeed it was like a private tutoring, she said and demonstrated such obscene things I was terrified. she gave me substances and instructions on how to use them. I wondered why I had to use it, I was beautiful, educated and very sensual. My gaze alone can send any man into reverie.

After the makeover my hands and feet were decorated with henna. My things and the things I bought were moved from Baba’s 30 Bedroom, 3 storey mansion in Maitama to Asad’s 10 bedroom duplex in Jabi. Mama complained that it was too small, it was ironical as Mama herself must have lived in cramped flat before getting married to Baba.

‘Only ten rooms, where will the workers stay, we are sending her with 10 servants.’ She said to Asad when she went for inspection together with me.

‘There is a servant’s quarters downstairs.’ He answered................
CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/02/11/flames-of-vengeance-4/
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2019
EPISODE 5
When I got home, I did’nt see Mama, Najma or Baba, so I headed straight to my room, it was very much the same as I had left it, only that the furnitures were covered with clothes, Ladi got to cleaning right away, that’s the thing about Ladi she always knows what to do, and she never asked questions nor made any suggestions, she would just do what she was expected to do. At times I find her boring but most times she’s more than useful.

I woke up to the smell of Gharoud, Baba’s signature perfume it was mixed with Mama’s AL Farakhti oud, I was wandering where I was then I remembered going home. The smell mixed together was not pleasant and I ran to the toilet and started puking. When I came out of the toilet, I met Baba’s stern face and Mama’s cultured expression.

‘You left your husband’s house without his permission.’ Baba bellowed.

‘Baa ba.’ I stuttered, I was surprise to see him, when I didn’t see him the night before I anticipated he was at Nana’s place since he alternated days, Mama usually got more days. Baba was angry, I needed to do something fast, Gharoud smell hit again and I ran to the toilet, this time I retched loudly so they would hear, I opened the tap as I examined my face in the mirror, the black eye Asad gave me was fading, but it’ll still do.

I went out and deliberately fell on the floor and shut my eyes. Baba ran to my side and tried lifting me up but he couldn’t. ‘Help me,’ he screamed at Mama. Together they struggled to put me on the bed, Baba dialed the doctor’s number and he came in no time. All the while I kept my eyes shut and my body limp.

He examined me,I still kept up the pretense.

‘I’ll have to inject her with…..,,’ I couldn’t catch what he said next.

What was I hearing, I hated injections, oh my, I needed to stop pretending immediately. So I coughed and opened my eyes gradually.

‘She has come back.’Baba said relieved. I saw him looking at my black eye crucially.

‘The first trimester is very critical, so try to avoid accidents.’ Dr Abu said, as he picked up his stuff to leave.

Baba went to see Dr Abu off, obviously to ask the meaning of first trimester, I could see his blank expression when Dr Abu said that. Soon he was back.

‘How are you feeling?’

‘Better Baba.’ I said faintly.

‘Why did you leave, without permission?’ It was just his version of saying why did you run away, he had said that to Halima and Noora before.

I burst into tears, ‘Asad was beating me, I was afraid he’d kill me, I did not want to loose my baby.’ I sobbed. When I didn’t even know I was pregnant until Dr Abu told me. My father got up and left, Mama left too. I was alone till Ladi came with breakfast.

I was looking outside the window when I saw Asad’s silver Cadillac making its way into our estate like compound, it was followed by a Lincoln navigator jeep, and I knew Asad had come with his father to resolve the issue, something they’d rather not do because of the negative publicity and above all it’ll crash Asad’s ego, that he couldn’t rein in his wife. Baba
CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/02/11/flames-of-vengeance-5/
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 15, 2019
Op pls come and continue
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 1:23am On Feb 17, 2019
EPISODE 6

July 2013

Its been 3 weeks since I was discharged from the hospital and everything is very much the same, Asad going about his business like I didn’t exist.

Later that day Ladi was oiling my hair, when we heard a ruckus being created downstairs, I asked Ladi to check, I waited when she didn’t return I went to see for my self.

There were two men in white robes and and red ribbons around their waist, with white flabby caps they were running around sprinkling water and ringing bells in my compound. They had 2 policemen with them, the gate men and the workers were trying to stop them but they were intimidated by the men in police uniforms.

‘What is going on?’ I asked the policemen.

‘We were called.’

‘By whom?’

‘Ma’am we understand you are a victim of domestic abuse.’ They said with out bothering to answer my question.

‘What, who authorized you to come and say this rubbish here?’ if you dont leave my premises I’ll make sure you don’t wear that uniform again.’ I said.

‘Ma’am we understand you’re afraid.’

I was puzzled, what the hell was going on, who gave these filthy men the gods to come to my house.

Just then the men wringing the hand bells and running in circles came and circled me, they chanted, while moving round, and sprayed water on me

‘You shall be delivered in God’s name, the devil shall fail.’ They said.

I felt I was being assaulted, I covered my ears with hand shut my eyes, stop I screamed.

The police men watched amused, I saw when I opened my eyes, they were enjoying the show.

Just then Lami walked in, Lami happened to be  my “frenemy”, we’ve had tiffs but I couldn’t remember the last time I saw her.

‘Ladidi, I asked them to come pray for you.’ She said an evil smile playing on her lips.

‘Why?’

‘Because you need prayers.’

‘Ask them to stop.’I screamed.

‘Ok,’ she said cooly, she lifted her hand gave a wave and they were gone.

‘Why did you do that?’ I questioned panting my hands on my chest.

‘To help you.’ She was glowing from the pleasure she derived from my humiliation.

‘What for?’

‘We all know why you visit Nia once in a while.’

‘Lami.’

‘Remember what happened at the Safina’s lauchning, consider this a payback.’ I couldn’t remember what happened.

She smiled and walked out, I had the urge to tell her to watch her back, as I was going to deal with her but I refrained. Something will surely hit Lami, but it will be what and when she least expected.

I laughed, as I mentally checked the list of people on my strike back list. Hmmm lami became no 3 no 1&2 is still Asad and his mistress whose identity is still unknown.

I went back, ignoring the stares of my servants, they had just witnessed my humiliation, well they just have to witness lami’s own too. I had an an appointment by noon. I was going to see Nafisa. She happens to be a crucial part of my vengeance plan.

I set out, appreciating glances of admiration from onlookers as I cruised in Asad’s Bentley muslanne.

I wandered why Abhas and Nafisa chosen to stay in Gwarinpa when they could afford a house any where, my major problem with the area is keke napep, they crowded the road and you get the feeling of driving through a rural area.

I saw Nafisa outside watering her beautiful garden. She dropped the hose or whatever she was holding, removed her gloves and wiped her hands on her apron.

‘Ladidi.’ She exclaimed like she hadn’t seen me for years.

I answered back in sarcasm and called her name in high pitch too.

‘Nafisa,’she rushed over to hug me, she stopped abruptly, like she saw something scary.

We went inside, she served me drinks, and sat opposite me like she didn’t want her body to have any contact whatsoever with me.

‘How is Asad and the kids?’

‘They are fine I suppose.’

‘You suppose.’

‘Yes, I haven’t seen them today.’

‘Ok.’

I asked after my brother and the kids. She told they were in school. Her...........
CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/02/16/flames-of-vengeance-6/
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 1:24am On Feb 17, 2019
EPISODE 7
I woke early the following day, Asad was already up praying, he’d stop waking me a long time due to my unyielding habit, I made my way to the toilet, I knew he would be thinking whatever this girl is up to, but my love you must fall this time, so I can crush you I thought. I prayed and went to check on the kids, Asad jnr was already on the dinning table having breakfast, he was surprised to see me.

‘Ammi are you alright.’ He said with a bewildered expression.

‘Yes of course, I just want to see you.’ I said.

Just then, shazia and Nazia came in, they looked so much like me.

‘Ammi.’ They said and stopped on their tracks, Sakki came along too holding Amir, I scooped him up and kissed him, he too was shocked but then he held my neck with his tiny hands. We had a good time, they told me that daddy will be coming for their PTA meeting today, honestly I forgot about all those things when I left school. Amir said he got a new friend in school and Shazia said she was the prettiest girl in school. Sakki was the lady that looked after my kids from childhood, just as Bakshi had raised us all, Baba’s PA attended all our school functions, so I thought that Asad’s PA would be attending all my kid’s functions too, He too came in and asked if they were ready.

‘Won’t you have breakfast?’ I asked, He gave me strange look.

‘No.’ He said coldly, but I was not going to give up after one try. When he left Sakki told me he doesn’t take breakfast.

So Asad takes them to school, I didn’t know about that. They left and I watched them from the verander as they got into Asad’s jeep and zoomed off, Ladi was cleaning the parlor, I saw maids sweeping and packing leaves downstairs, I visited the kitchen, they were so busy they didn’t notice my presence, my cook was flirting with one of the maids, so much happens before I wake up I thought. I needed to take a break from diamond necklaces world and check the real world.

I goggled how to cook and recipes in my ipad, finally I settled for rice and stew it seemed the easiest, the problem was that I have never cooked before.

I went to kitchen gripping my ipad as if the video would suddenly disappear from You Tube. Mr kweke the head cook saw me and hurried towards me, his fat body moving like Barney’s.

‘Hajiya.’ He said breathlessly, he had just moved a short distance.

‘Mr kweke I will be cooking today, so you may all vacate the kitchen for the time being.’ His small eyes widened, I had the urge to say something nasty to him but Nafisa’s advice was fresh on my mind.

‘It’s alright, Mr kweke, I just feel like cooking today, you may bring the utensils out for me.’ I read the ingredients from the ipad, he complied and arranged everything for me.

Now with no one but me in the kitchen the size intimidated me. I played the video and tried following the steps but many things went wrong. For one I couldn’t pour oil from its container and ended up with most of it on the floor and lots on the burner, the stew tasted bitter so I added sugar, I burnt my hand while taking the lid off the pot, I forgot to use a rag, the stew burnt and I was thrown into a coughing spree. When I looked up smoke filled everywhere the burner was on fire, the flames glaring at me looked like an inferno and the last thing I remembered was falling into Asad’s arms.

When I woke up, Asad’s eyes were looking directly into mine, I coughed and he handed me a glass of water. I hurriedly gulped it down and gave him the glass back.

‘What is going on in your head?’ He asked. I didn’t answer.

‘Are you okay, or are you going mad?’ He asked again, I still didn’t answer.

‘Tell me so that I’ll know whether or not to send you a mental asylum?’ Asad must be sick I thought.

‘No am not mad.’ I replied.

‘Then what is this?’ He said showing me his clothes which were completely ruined by my attempt to wash them with the washing machine earlier.

‘I was trying to wash your clothes’ I said.

‘Why, and why were trying to burn down the house?’ He asked suppressing his anger.

‘Am very sorry I ruined your clothes and almost burnt down the house.’ I said.

Asad’s pupil dilated, I have never used the word sorry before.

‘What the hell is wrong with you, did you hit your head?’

‘No.’

‘Then why have you been acting strange lately, Look what ever you’re up to you ..........
CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/02/16/flames-vengeance-7/
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 1:25am On Feb 17, 2019
EPISODE 8

The vibration of my phone woke me up, it was 4 am in the morning Asad was still sleeping, he looked so innocent and I thought if I stabbed him now, it would be an easy escape for him and I would end up in jail for murder, but it has to be precise, he has to feel every pain I felt both physical and emotional. I checked my phone and saw 18 missed calls, 12 from Sara and 6 from Mama. I quickly called Sara back.

‘Is Najma with you?’ She asked iimmediately.

‘Yes.’

‘Are you sure?’

‘Let me check her room?’ I  cut the call and dashed to guestroom where was sleeping and she was gone.

My phone was ringing again.

‘Sara she’s not here.’

‘My God.’

‘What happened?’

‘She ran away.’

I ran to my room and shook Asad, he looked at me with sleepy eyes.

‘What is the time?’ He asked.

‘Najma has run away.’ I yelled.

‘What!!.’ He said and sat up, sleep leaving him.

‘I have to go home right now, Mama called me.’ I said frantically.

‘Calm down its too early, I’ll take you in the morning Brunkus can take the kids to school.’

We watched as Baba paced up and down and rained abuses on Mama, who in turn was mute like he was a mad man raving all by himself.

‘I give you everything, yet you can’t take of my children, just tell your daughter that she is dead to me.’ He said finally and stormed out.

Sara told us all that led Najma to take that drastic step.

Najma had just graduated and wanted to pursue her career by working but Baba would not hear of it, instead he planned her marriage to man a called Sultan.

‘Sultan is old.’ Noora had shrieked when she heard.’

‘Its the first son from his youngest wife Bibi, Sara said.

Najma would not hear of it, and she packed as much cash and jewelry as she could and left the country, Baba had received a call from someone that one of his daughters boarded a plane to Dubai, he contacted his contacts in Dubai and he was later told that she left for Abu Dhabi immediately, from there her trail was lost. Najma had disobeyed and embarrassed Baba and defamed our family and I wondered why she refused to marry Sultan who was a very handsome, intelligent young man from a wealthy home.

I was sad, so were my sisters and brothers, Abhas came and consoled Nafisa and surprisingly Asad came to me too, those moments marked the begining  our bonding moments. He almost became the Asad I had once fallen in love with.

though I acted as a changed person and Asad was slowly changing I still nurtured my schemes of vengeance and Lami was still on my mind for what she did. I was planning a surprise for Asad on our anniversary, but he beat me to it by gifting me my dream car, a red Ferrari F12 berlinetta the latest in the Ferrari series 2013 model, with engine of 740 hp, 6.3 ltr, v-12. I was wild with happiness and almost forgot about my hidden hatred towards him, we relived our first Ferrari drive 10 years ago, with me telling him all about the car, it seemed as if the old Asad was back.

I decorated our living room to a romantic setting and had Mr Kwewke assist me in making dinner. A table for two, continental dishes, expensive champagne, candle lights. Everything was set with a sexy wife dressed in a red Armani tube dress, my hair flying and Cartier shimmering on my neck, ears and wrist.This is the very first time I have tried to please and seduce Asad throughout our marriage.

‘Surprise.’ I said basking in the glory of my  red dress and diaminds as Asad entered our living room, the expression on his face told me he was pleasantly surprised.

‘This is the best anniversary ever.’ He said as he drew me into his arms, I could see love and desire in his eyes as we danced to Lionel Richie and Diana Ross’s endless love classic, The things I felt as we were together made me wish we had no differences between us and at that slight moment I wanted to forget my plight the beatings and abuses I’ve received and endured.

‘Did you ever love anybody before me?’ Asad asked me, his breadth was hot on my face

‘No.’ I whispered to his ears even though there was no space between us and he could have heard.

‘What of you, do you love another apart from me?’ I dared to ask.

He was silent for a while, then he said.

‘I love you ao much, as no man as ever loved any woman on earth.’ His reply was............................
CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/02/16/flames-of-vengeance-8/
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ann2012(f): 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
Just finished reading on your blog

Well done OP
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Ugobestikyblog(m): 7:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
Thank you.
Ann2012:
Just finished reading on your blog

Well done OP
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Teespice(f): 6:39am On Feb 20, 2019
You are not the author of this novel, are you?

Stop stealing people's work and passing it off as your own. I have bought and read this same novel on okada books

Divepen1, please do the needful abeg.
Re: Flames Of Vengeance by Divepen1(m): 10:18am On Feb 20, 2019
Teespice:
You are not the author of this novel, are you?

Stop stealing people's work and passing it off as your own. I have bought and read this same novel on okada books

Divepen1, please do the needful abeg.
Thanks for the notice...

(1)

Never Fall In Love - A Story (in Chapters) / / / Step By Step On How To Create An Ebook From Start To Finish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.