Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,961 members, 7,896,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 04:28 AM

The Disaster Every Upcoming Artist Must Avoid At All Cost - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Disaster Every Upcoming Artist Must Avoid At All Cost (262 Views)

What Every Artist Must Know By Olajide (hatch Young) Ll Get Free Ebook! / Ladies Types OF Friends To Avoid At All Cost +mini Storytime / Photos Taken A Second Before Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Disaster Every Upcoming Artist Must Avoid At All Cost by VcStunner(m): 8:46am On Feb 10, 2019
I don't intend to be a bearer of bad news... never! My job here is to give heads-up to all and sundry who might need some insights to stay on the right track in the Nollywood industry. If you don't want to end up like some of our revered "Legends" in the industry who are now either sick or broke or both, please I beg you to pay maximum attention here. You are way too young to make such mistakes in this dispensation with the ocean of information available to you.
I felt so sorry for most of our Industry legends because they weren't privileged to have access to the tools we currently abuse today. But hey, we don't have time for self-pity now. We have a duty to make the much-needed corrections and be better for it, for the sake of our families and ourselves. Here are top trends you must look out for and avoid at all cost!!

Fame Without Money:
Now listen carefully, there is a very thin line here for upcoming artists especially in Nollywood. The problem most of you would encounter is the greed and most times lack of finance in the industry. As an upcoming actor, you have little or no control over your wages and welfare because you just want to work and be known to a reasonable extent. This is where the challenge is, you never know which job will push you to the limelight, it could be the one you were paid 10k to shoot and after 3 months you are everywhere, but still nowhere!
My Advise:
Monitor your roles carefully. This is a deliberate and conscious exercise. Never depend on acting to pay your bills, get a side gig to cushion the effect of the hustle so you don't put your self in a tight corner. I will talk about some of the side gigs you can do while staying close to the corridors of the movie industries. keep tabs with me here.

Sexual Promiscuity And Drug: A very vital issue no one wants to talk to you about. They don't want to tell you the truth because they want you to fail too. Here is the idea, you feel very free to do whatever you like on set because it's the movie industry forgetting that there are always consequences... well, I am sorry on your behalf. Except sex actually does inspire creativity in you which in many cases it doesn't, just like many would argue they get inspired when they smoke marijuana. So many lies have been propagated and so many failures have been witnessed, don't fall for it.
My Advise:
first, you need to know what works for you. If your family have cases of heart disease and diabetes, why smoke because people are smoking in your camp. If you make hard drugs your source of energy and inspiration, chances are that you will become an addict and sooner you will be on a hospital bed soliciting for funds like many "legends" have done in the past. It was not their fault but like they say... ignorance is no defense. Take 30 minutes every day to meditate. If it works for Denzel Washington, it will work for you. I will be sharing some simple steps you can take to remain energized and inspired all the time.

Industry Romance:
Many won't agree with this but it doesn't matter. This point is for the few who are taking the acting business seriously. If you have passed through university, you will realize that many first-class materials don't keep relationships while in school. And if you work in a structured environment, you would have also been thaught that office romance is more likely to bring you down than it will ever promote you. If that's true of success in those areas, what makes you think that's not a pattern?
No one says you won't succeed, but you will take twice the time to. Needless I remind you that most people who approach you trying to warm their way to your heart have observed you from a distance, accessed you and believe that you will be a ladder on which they can climb to the top. In most cases, they never really care if the ladder breaks afterward.
My Advise: Be careful, Be watchful, but be very friendly and approachable.

I will complete this list on a later date. Make I go church first. God bless you all.
leave a comment below and share with friends.
Source:
https://vhfilm..com/2019/02/the-disaster-you-must-avoid-as-upcoming.html

(1) (Reply)

Different Kinds Of Students After Exam / Get Paid! Gladiatorial Combats / Correct Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.